Daily comments and discussion...

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
Hi Everyone!
I'm really excited about this group and I think everyone will see some great results! I thought I would post this thread so we could talk on a daily basis (if you'd like), about the dvd, or anything you'd like to talk about!
Ang:heart:

Replies

• tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    day 1 completeim not hurting to much yet (might have something to do with me doing a lot of watching today as i didnt have a clue ) but we will soon see tommorow.

my aim is monday, wednesday,friday and sunday this week as i feel i can work it round work this way.

i did the dvd after my outdoor runnins session :) so im a little proud today.

how have u all got on x
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Im late joining but Im in. will post my measurements & weight later.
    Im hoping to squeeze this in 4x/week. My workout schedule is kinda hectic as I just added kettlebells and the butt bible to my rotation.
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey There...I too am very excited to join all of you in our 6 week challenge with Jillian!...I am currently on Day 20 of the 30 Day Shred and have seen huge results...so the addition of this workout will add even more I'm sure!. I plan to do the 6 week abb work out every 2nd day :)...I'll post my info later this morning...good Luck all in Day #1!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Im late joining but Im in. will post my measurements & weight later.
    Im hoping to squeeze this in 4x/week. My workout schedule is kinda hectic as I just added kettlebells and the butt bible to my rotation.

I have the Butt Bible in my routine as well :)
  • LA723
    LA723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

This is my first challenge. I'm going to do the DVD this afternoon. I went to the gym this morning and did 30 mins of cardio. I'm a little afraid of Jillian LOL. I did 30DS and it really helped with my endurance and strength. I never got to level 3 though. :blushing: I'll let you know what I think about 6W6P later on today. :smile:
  • angbieb
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I just finished doing 6w6p (only the second time I've done it ever!). I really got into it and according to my "HRM" burned off 300 calories. I just want to warn those of you doing it for the first time to be careful and really focus on the moves and make sure you are doing them correctly; because I find that there are a lot of movements that you could really hurt yourself if you did it wrong. Also, make sure you do the modified version if you are having a hard time. This is not an easy workout, but please don't give up on it! If you follow through and do the six weeks I think you will be very happy that you did! :heart:
    P.S. If you are really worried about doing it the first time maybe you should watch it first.:wink:
  • LA723
    Options
    Just finished! I kept up with it pretty well. I can do ab work til the cows come home, BUT, the burpees, caterpillars and side planks are a completely different story. I am going to have to work myself up to those!
  • angbieb
    Options
    I know! Those are tough arent' they!! Good job gettin it done!! We can do this!!!:heart:
  • LA723
    Options
    I can't even get up on my hand for the side planks.
  • angbieb
    Options
    Yeah that is my absolute least favorite too. Maybe we could figure a different exercise to do during that time? Or just keep on trying, we'll figure it out. :heart:
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just finised Day 1! was able to keep up for the most part...however I hate burpees! LOL.... On some of these on floor abb moves I can feel myself straining my neck anyone got tips on how to push that focas more to the abs?? I try the look a ceiling etc...but still feel the strain on my neck
  • angbieb
    Options
    Just finised Day 1! was able to keep up for the most part...however I hate burpees! LOL.... On some of these on floor abb moves I can feel myself straining my neck anyone got tips on how to push that focas more to the abs?? I try the look a ceiling etc...but still feel the strain on my neck

I know exactly what you are talking about I felt the same strain....you want to be really careful with that because you can really hurt yourself. Do the best you can doing the exercise without straining your neck, that is what I'm doing. You can modify the exercise to your limits too. I think you will still get a great calorie burn from the dvd even if you don't follow it step by step you know?:heart:
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

My most hated of the moves...
  • LA723
    Options

My most hated of the moves...

I am guessing it requires mucho arm strength which I do not have!
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. today was my first day doing 6w26p for the challenge. Im aiming for 5x week
    thoughts on this is that I sweat alot but dont find any of the moves that challenging with the exception of the side lunge with the weight to the side. Im really hoping to see results on this.
  • LA723
    Options
    Second day in the bag! I am going to get a heavier weight (only have 2lbs right now) but I found it challenging today. Did anyone else notice that Jillian seems a lot "nicer" in this workout than in 30DS? More supportive and postive, IMO.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yay!! My DVD finally came in the mail today. I'm one day late. but now I'm ready to start kicking *kitten* ;D
    I just watched Level 1 (I do that just to see what I'm getting in to lol) and damn, this is going to be fun. I think :p hahah

Keep it up people! I know were all working hard. :)
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    day 2 complete and all i can say i ouch. i did it after a 3 mile run :)
  • angbieb
    Options
    day 2 complete and all i can say i ouch. i did it after a 3 mile run :)

Wow! Incredible workout T! I can't believe you did it after your run!:heart:
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    First day completed earlier. Hmmm, I really want to like this workout but.... I think I am just being a control freak and don't like it when I can't get the moves right first time. I'll be sticking with it however as I know Jillian gives a good workout. I did 30ds after as I have 2 more days until I finish that. Is anyone else combining 6w6p with another DVD? I think I am going to alternate Banish Fat Boost Metabolism with another JM DVD along Sid 6w6p. Well done to everyone that's started!