Group Challenge #2 - Find Yourself a Partner (February 2012)

Options
13»

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with surgery!
    So we got his Monday started with a walk in the sun! Today I tried prelogging my meals for the day & we'll see how that goes. Wishing all Dewers a productive Monday. & a peaceful week!

Thanks. I made through ok. I think I will finally listen to the doctor and take it easy for a few days.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Bill, glad to hear you did well on your surgery. Listen to your doctors and you'll get back on your feet in no time!

Work out this week is not a go, I just tore the tendon in the back of my good leg and now need therapy for both feet. So, my game plan is to eat right and cut out the alcohol until I can get back to working out. I don't mind not drinking my wine/beer during the week, but I like to relax on the weekends.

Hope everyone's week is going better than mine and Bills!!

Kathy
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Wednesday! I need uou both to get better! No alcohol? Wow, you are a strong girl. Who even knew how many calories were in a single glass of wine?

Well, yesterday's bonus was getting my teenage daughter to the gym with me-I was so beat before we even went but I threatened her with a dogwalk (kids dont want to be seen in their neighborhood walking with their mom?) and she chose gym time. All in all, I am doing well with my late night eating, staying at calorie goal & burning as many calories as I can daily.

So what ever condition you are in today, lets make it positive!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I look just silly. bottom half of my stomach shaved and absurdly swollen!!

I made eggs and multigrain english muffin this morning but now I'm getting very hungry. I'm not supposed to drive but Subway is only 2 miles away. I want to order a pizza and some jalapeno poppers but I'm opting for Subway!

I wish I could just walk there but I'm not ready for that yet.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Pi group reporting

Went to Planet Fitness 3x in a row! I can only do the bike for now, but I pushed it to 30 minutes. Tomorrow I hope to increase this to 40 min, or maybe work it little more on the strength exercises.

I've went over in my food diary on Tuesday, but today I stayed under. Gotta balance that out!

Crickets are icky.......

Okay, first off....spider crickets scare the hell out of me...they jump and are hairy (I think). Ick....

Secondly, I'm thinking of doing the Planet Fitness for $10 with my 17 y.o. son, combining that with the hot yoga should be interesting....

I miss being here more.....work is a PITA lately...

Miss my friends here. :flowerforyou:

~katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options

I made eggs and multigrain english muffin this morning but now I'm getting very hungry. I'm not supposed to drive but Subway is only 2 miles away. I want to order a pizza and some jalapeno poppers but I'm opting for Subway!

We have the technology Bill..... I want to see funny pictures of you....
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Best of luck with surgery!
    So we got his Monday started with a walk in the sun! Today I tried prelogging my meals for the day & we'll see how that goes. Wishing all Dewers a productive Monday. & a peaceful week!

Thanks. I made through ok. I think I will finally listen to the doctor and take it easy for a few days.

Very relieved things went well, too. Glad you're drinking your water...

I'd drinking more (water) too, because of your support. Thanks again for the extra pushes...
  • vaderandbill
    Options

The swelling went down quite a bit overnight..but here you go:

surgery2.pngsurgery1.png
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Well, yesterday's bonus was getting my teenage daughter to the gym with me-I was so beat before we even went but I threatened her with a dogwalk (kids dont want to be seen in their neighborhood walking with their mom?) and she chose gym time. All in all, I am doing well with my late night eating, staying at calorie goal & burning as many calories as I can daily.

So what ever condition you are in today, lets make it positive!

That's great you got your daughter to go to the gym with you, nice job! Slowly but surely you're getting there.
    Like, OMG Bill -how long before you can get back to a normal routine. I feel bad for you,

My Physical Therapist indicated I have acute achillius tendontis, which could turn into chronic if I don't watch it. I had this last fall before my foot surgery and had it almost healed!

I'm going to offer a challenge here Bill and see who can get to the gym faster! I'm hoping by next week if I keep up with the stretching, ibuprofen, and ice treatments!!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I'm not supposed to lift anything that I can't easily pick with one hand for at least 2 more weeks. I am going to try walking or elliptical next week but right now my shirt moving hurts my incision.

Don't stop taking care of yourself...you'll be back soon!
  • katiebythebay
    Options

surgery2.pngsurgery1.png

Shaved...hmmm.

How are you feeling today buddy? I realize I said this somewhere earlier, but I really have been thinking about you this week with all the stuff going on with you.

I don't think you rush into getting back on the horse just yet. Don't want any permanent damage.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Now wait just one minute! I need you both to take care of yourselves! Miss Katiebythebay-make them take care!

The world needs more healthy 40 year olds so lets make ourselves well & continue to make our kids' lives Hell! (did I say that?) yesterday it was freezing cold so I took my daughter "for a walk" in Costco! Pathetic but I was too tired for the gym & needed dishwashing soap! I pay all this money for sports but if you ask me, they dont practice enough so she'll end up on the couch while I do "mommy things" with my other kids!

Not happy that yesterday's scale said 193 yesterday & 194 today. 1 pound to you but 10 pounds to me! Im keeping up with calories, water & Ive added strength training & yoga to mix it up.

Have a great weekend all! My partner SarBelgium is doing awesome & we still cheer eachother on daily!
  • vaderandbill
    Options

surgery2.pngsurgery1.png

Shaved...hmmm.

How are you feeling today buddy? I realize I said this somewhere earlier, but I really have been thinking about you this week with all the stuff going on with you.

I don't think you rush into getting back on the horse just yet. Don't want any permanent damage.

Only half shaved...it is not cute. I will even it out in a few days. Feeling ok. each day is a little better. I hate being trapped though. I want to be raking, painting, getting my garden ready...something!!!!
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Glad to hear you're improving everyday Bill, you'll be back on track before you know it! Two weeks will fly by soooo fast!

I too have an improvement, I can actually walk VERY slow without pain in my achilles tendon!! If this keeps up I'm hoping to go to the gym on Monday (only if I'm pain free) and use the bike at a SLOW pace and maybe do some upper strength exercises. I so desparately want to get back into the swing of things!

Istnlondry - I know you're dissapointed in the scale, but try not to focus on that. It will work out for you by eating right and exercise, adding strength training will help - you just might be surprised!

Katie, Katie, Katie where would we be without your ideas and support! Thanks for getting us all together, it's nice to be accountable and care about each other :flowerforyou:
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Today is a great day!! In Northern California we are expecting major rain today & tomorrow. I will get out to do my c25k with my trusty dog B before this happens. Hell, let's see if I can make it to 1000 calorie burn today, maybe dedicate it to my fallen Dewers?? Have a great Saturday all now let's go make it happen!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Glad to hear you're improving everyday Bill, you'll be back on track before you know it! Two weeks will fly by soooo fast!

I too have an improvement, I can actually walk VERY slow without pain in my achilles tendon!! If this keeps up I'm hoping to go to the gym on Monday (only if I'm pain free) and use the bike at a SLOW pace and maybe do some upper strength exercises. I so desparately want to get back into the swing of things!

Istnlondry - I know you're dissapointed in the scale, but try not to focus on that. It will work out for you by eating right and exercise, adding strength training will help - you just might be surprised!

Katie, Katie, Katie where would we be without your ideas and support! Thanks for getting us all together, it's nice to be accountable and care about each other :flowerforyou:

That is great that you can move around a little bit.

I will be on my feet a lot today so this will be a big test. Oh, if you happen to have hernia surgery...AVOID SNEEZING!!!!!!
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    I got some mall walking in today, or better yet "mall strolling". I can't wait to put up my feet and throw an ice pack over the achilles tendon! Plus I broke down and bought a pair of pants for work, I hate buying a size 14. I figure if I started feeling good about my clothes, it will make me feel better about myself and I'll get back into size 12. Anythings possible right?
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Yes, anything is possible!! you'll get to 12 and I'm willing to bet even lower!

started today ok but got sent to a training just before lunch and not a Subway in sight! McChicken it was. blah!