Introduction - New Members

Options
ViSabbi
ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
Welcome to the challenge! This group is related to the following post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/312011-to-mordor?error_user_id=11079372

Introduce yourself here and enjoy the adventure!

Starting with me: I'm Sabrina, 29 years old from Montreal, Quebec. I'm starting today and my first goal is to reach Rivendell which is 438 miles away.

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I'm Zippo, 40 years old from St. Louis, Missouri. I started when this was a thread on the MFP board. I'm 70 miles in. More later.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sam and I saw the thread on the MFP board yesterday :smile:

I'm only just starting out, and I'm working my way from Hobbiton to Rivendell. I'm 4.2 miles in so far so I'm nearly into Tookland!
  • muffyjog
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jo. I saw this yesterday as well. I have a 1.5 mile loop I try and walk daily so it's gonna be a long slow walk, but...I'll get there. :)
  • Tclub
    Tclub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tom. I live in Victorville,CA. and I'm 38yrs old. I wish you all success in your journey through middle earth.
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brandi and this seems pretty cool and I plan on starting tonight. Is there a map that you use or tell me how you guys keep track of your progess. Sorry very new to all of this.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brandi and this seems pretty cool and I plan on starting tonight. Is there a map that you use or tell me how you guys keep track of your progess. Sorry very new to all of this.

Hey, My name is Anthony and I freaked out when I saw this group, Its really really cool, but I agree, how is everyone checking their progress?

I am on my work computer, most of the features are blocked, so the answer is probably staring me in the face. x_x
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    HIya, I'm Ann & this looks ace :) I don't usually keep track of how far I've walked/treadmilled but the thought of walking into Mordor is really cool :)

I did 2 miles today... so I'm barely on my way, but it's all got to start somewhere :)
  • ViSabbi
    Options

Hey, My name is Anthony and I freaked out when I saw this group, Its really really cool, but I agree, how is everyone checking their progress?

I am on my work computer, most of the features are blocked, so the answer is probably staring me in the face. x_x

I'd suggest using : http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html

Also, you might want to get yourself a ticker of some kind. Personally I'm going to get myself a huge map of middle earth and stick it to my bedroom wall lol. My BF will so freak out but it's so geekly awesome! :)
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    Ok that sounds like a great idea I have to get the map. it will just make it that much cooler. And my hubby will totaly freak out too. Thanks for the info.
  • Marlena627
    Options
    Hi I'm Marlena and I plan on starting my journey to Mordor tomorrow. I've tried going to http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html and an error page keeps coming up. Is there a different website I can go to to help me track my progress?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

I'd suggest using : http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html

Also, you might want to get yourself a ticker of some kind. Personally I'm going to get myself a huge map of middle earth and stick it to my bedroom wall lol. My BF will so freak out but it's so geekly awesome! :)

OOOOH SHHHIII----

I am totally gonna do that, and find little tacks that look like the google map tacks so I can really keep a record. Wow, what a great idea! Thanks!

Now I just gotta figure out how to grow an amazing amount of hair on the top of my feets..
  • Lotheva
    Options
    While this is much too awesome to pass up... aren't you forgetting one crucial step? If I walk to Mordor... I'd really like to come back too.

By the way, google map directions (walking, of course) from the Shire to Mordor... it's just plain awesome.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this but I don't know if I have the motivation to make it. Any ideas?
  • ViSabbi
    Options
    I really want to do this but I don't know if I have the motivation to make it. Any ideas?

Hum! Why not just...well instead of destroying the ring at the end of your travel, why not destroy your old clothes that will now be too big for you? I already see myself having a huge campfire where a few of my real friends who are here too, just throwing our clothes in there, glorious. :D

You can also leave 'gifts' that you can 'find' when you reach specific places. For example...I always wanted that Arwen pendant...and I think I will get myself one when I 'meet' her :D

Damn, I really geeky am I not? lol
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robin, currently residing in California's Central Valley. I found the topic last night, and loved it!! So in honor of The Hobbit (Martin Freeman!!!), I'm doing the Bag End to Rivendell walk from The Hobbit.

Right now I'm simply "continuing east on the road at a leisurely pace". Which is fine with me, I've had a headcold for the past few days. I've logged 31.78 miles since I've started keeping track, so that puts me in day 3. Another 3 miles and I'll soon see the trees of Woody End, and I'll be camping for the night.
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    Hi fellowship, I'm Mary-Anne, I'm 37 and I live in WA Australia (just outside Perth). I'm so excited about this challenge!!! :drinker: I cant walk or run at the moment, My podiatrist has strapped my feet for the next 3 weeks, I'm having orthotics made, and only when I'm used to them will I find out IF I can run again.:sad: But I swim, cycle and do loads of other stuff, so I'll be taking my miles from that.:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm Jaq, 27, from Seattle, WA.

I'm going to use the Éowyn Challenge site to guide me, and I also found this map (http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Frodo's_Path_to_Rivendell) to provide more visual detail to go along with the descriptions on the walk site. I'm also going to download a map of Middle Earth onto my computer and track my progress on that with Photoshop until I can get one for my wall (or find the one that I'm almost certain I have around here somewhere).

Oh, and I'm following Frodo all the way to Mordor.
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Have only just seen this and i have to join!!!!!
    friends requests welcome, because i think we may need it for this one!!!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    im andy 25, and this seems like a fun way to burn off some exissive cals! anyone may add me
  • slightlycrunchy
    slightlycrunchy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started for Morder yesterday and am almost to the Birch Grove. Love the idea of keeping track on a map.