Introduction - New Members

Options

Replies

• Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Anne. I love this idea and am so excited to join! Today is day 1 for me and I'm headed to Rivendell :)
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - today is my day one - my name is claire and I too am heading to Rivendell. I'M SO RUDDY EXCITED!!!
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this but I don't know if I have the motivation to make it. Any ideas?

Hum! Why not just...well instead of destroying the ring at the end of your travel, why not destroy your old clothes that will now be too big for you? I already see myself having a huge campfire where a few of my real friends who are here too, just throwing our clothes in there, glorious. :D

You can also leave 'gifts' that you can 'find' when you reach specific places. For example...I always wanted that Arwen pendant...and I think I will get myself one when I 'meet' her :D

Damn, I really geeky am I not? lol

... I've already got the pendant ;-) hehe
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this but I don't know if I have the motivation to make it. Any ideas?

Hum! Why not just...well instead of destroying the ring at the end of your travel, why not destroy your old clothes that will now be too big for you? I already see myself having a huge campfire where a few of my real friends who are here too, just throwing our clothes in there, glorious. :D

You can also leave 'gifts' that you can 'find' when you reach specific places. For example...I always wanted that Arwen pendant...and I think I will get myself one when I 'meet' her :D

Damn, I really geeky am I not? lol

... I've already got the pendant ;-) hehe

So jealous!! ;)
  • Raukodraug
    Raukodraug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! Brilliant idea you have here.

My name is Phil and, while I've been walking regularly for quite some time, being able to compare my journey to THE journey will hopefully help me stay motivated and on track.

And a quick FYI... my username (which I've used online regularly for 15+ years) was actually taken from the Elvish name parts Appendix of the Silmarillion, and it means Rauko = demon and Draug = wolf.

...Now I need to go hunt down a map of Middle Earth to chart my progress.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kym. I'm in Australia, and will begin today.....if anyone would like to walk with me I'd love some company!
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Shawn.

I have to say, this is just about the most awesome thing that I have ever heard... and since I walk at least a mile a day, I figure I could probably make it to at least Rivendell by the end of the year.

Based on today's walk, I am going West after having left Bag End.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kym. I'm in Australia, and will begin today.....if anyone would like to walk with me I'd love some company!
    I've just done 2.5 mi !!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    I'm new! This is an awesome group :smile: I'll start today!

My name is Melissa and I'm from Connecticut. I'm 5'8" and looking to possibly get down to 135, but I'm more so looking to get myself in shape and healthy regardless of weight.

I don't know what my first goal stop along the way is yet, but I'll let you know when I get there! Feel free to friend me:flowerforyou:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    hello! I'm Dawn, 36, originally from Michigan--transplanted in southern New Jersey.

I've been following the other forum thread & so far I'm well on my way to Rivendell.
    Total miles to date: 368.49
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My Hobbit name is Jaessa and I'm 55 years old from Minnesota. I started this challenge back in 2008 and still have not made it to Mordor. I'm having some foot issues, but will continue on my journey when it gets better. I love this challenge!!! I think any form of exercise counts (i.e. biking, rowing, walking, running, swimming, etc.). The Fellowship used ponies and boats along the way. I am getting close to Mordor. I have already finished about 1600 miles. Then there is the long road home!!! I'm hoping to be there before "The Hobbit" comes out in December. Good luck everyone!!!
  • nototto
    Options
    Not sure if this is in any of the discussion threads, but has either journey and the geography been compared to any configuration of earth geography such that the most accurate earth similuation of Frodo's or Bilbo's travels could be undertaken?

...since I am not sure how far into the trip the initial Hobbit movie will go, I am setting what I hope will be an easy goal of Bag End to Rivendell by December.

Happy travels to all,
    Byron
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    My Hobbit name is Jaessa and I'm 55 years old from Minnesota. I started this challenge back in 2008 and still have not made it to Mordor. I'm having some foot issues, but will continue on my journey when it gets better. I love this challenge!!! I think any form of exercise counts (i.e. biking, rowing, walking, running, swimming, etc.). The Fellowship used ponies and boats along the way. I am getting close to Mordor. I have already finished about 1600 miles. Then there is the long road home!!! I'm hoping to be there before "The Hobbit" comes out in December. Good luck everyone!!!
    I want a Hobbit name!!! How do I get one?
  • Jaessa
    Options
    Google Hobbit Name Generator and it will take you to sites that will translate your name into a Hobbit or Elvish name. It's really geeky, but FUN!
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Thanks:wink:
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    My Hobbit name is Mara Chubbs of Deephollow!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Samwise Burrows -me
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    I am liking the Hobbit names. Have you tried your Elvish name. Mine is Anaranë Eluch�l
  • Jaessa
    Options
    I like the Elvish names. They are a lot prettier anyway. My Elvish name is Luthien Surion. Unfortunately I am shaped much more like a Hobbit than an Elf. Hopefully I can change a little of that.
  • Jaessa
    Options
    If you google Eowyn Challenge, it should take you to the web site. I just print off the different legs of the walk and mark them off on the pages as I complete them.