HRM £12.99 at Lloyds Pharmacy

Options
http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/lloydspharmacy-watch-and-heart-rate-monitor-35281

It comes with a chest strap and counts calories burned.

Replies

• sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Have you got that model? Can you recommend it? Haven't got one und not sure if it would be the right model for me?
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a decent model. I got one from Aldi for about the same price and it's fab!! at the end of the day its only £12.99 too, what could go wrong
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    Have you got that model? Can you recommend it? Haven't got one und not sure if it would be the right model for me?

I picked it up for my Mum as she's been wanting one but didn't want to spend too much on it, I've got a Sigma one which was nearly 4 x as much and it seems to do everything mine does :smile:
  • sassika
    Options
    Ty, will go and buy one tomorrow
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    Thanks, have just ordered one online. Have been looking at getting one for a while but was put off by the price of others. The reviews on the Lloyds site are good, so hopefully it will work fine!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I'm going to buy one tomorrow :)
  • MrsR0SE
    Options
    So..... I went in and they were £19.99 - was there a different one available in some stores or did the special offer just end?

Ok, I get it, the cheaper price is online only.
  • gtfcnat
    Options
    The one I picked up for my mum was £12.99 in store :frown:

Delivery is £2.99 I think so it would still work out cheaper to order online, but I can't see why it's more expensive in store :angry:
  • kit8kat
    kit8kat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is really useful. I am going to get myself one too. Thank you very much for posting this :flowerforyou:
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ooh, thanks for that, I'll have a look in town tomorrow. Been wanting to try one but not spend £50+!
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Without sounding dumb whats the benefit of having this?!
  • gtfcnat
    Options
    Without sounding dumb whats the benefit of having this?!

It's a more accurate way of calculating calories burned during exercise :smile:
  • sassika
    Options
    I got two last night but not all stores had them around where I live. I also was told that the offer just started, so would asked them to ring around for the correct price as the price was confirmed by the other two shops I rang before the one that had them in stock. x
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness what a bargain!!! I thought £30 from Argos was pretty good!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    Anybody bought this and do they recommend?
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just ordered one as I want a more accurate count and for that price it is worth a try. Shame you can't take it in the pool as I would love to see what I burn when I am instructing.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have got one and I have set it up this morning.

Not sure if I am reading this right, although I sure I am but it irt saying I am sat here with a HR of 183 and have burned 400 cals buy doing sod all this morning.

I am not impressed with it at all
  • MrsR0SE
    Options
    I don't much about HRMs as mine hasn't arrived yet, but do you have to subtract your BMR from the calorie value it gives your or is it clever enough to do that for you?
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    I have got one and I have set it up this morning.

Not sure if I am reading this right, although I sure I am but it irt saying I am sat here with a HR of 183 and have burned 400 cals buy doing sod all this morning.

I am not impressed with it at all

Mine seems to work fine - at rest my pulse is about 60, which is the same as if I measure 'by hand' and for about a 40 minute aerobic workout (all I have tested it on since I got it) the calories burned is just over 300, which is a bit less than the MFP value but what I would expect as I have heard the MFP values are a little high.

So maybe you've got a dud?
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've wanted a HRM for ages.

Can anyone who's got one of these Lloyds jobbies let me know if you can somehow plug it into your computer and upload the rests to create charts and stuff? I suppose I could do this myself but I love it when toys can do advanced things on their own!

A couple more reviews would also be great so we know if Debs has just got a duff one or if they're actually rubbish.