HRM £12.99 at Lloyds Pharmacy

Options

Replies

• girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What's everyone putting in for VO2 Max?....I'm a lot unfitter than the national average :/

I put mine as average, because I've got no clue at all what mine is!
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Silly question but how do you turn it off!?

I just left mine on the floor after zumba, and the next time I picked it up it had turned itself off... not sure how long it takes but I assume it turns itself off after a certain period of inactivity
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What's everyone putting in for VO2 Max?....I'm a lot unfitter than the national average :/

I put mine as average, because I've got no clue at all what mine is!

I put the average but apparently there are online calculators that help you work it out. I find this with a quick Google search - don't know how accurate it is though as I haven't tried it yet - http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/vo2max-calculator.aspx
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    need to set mine up beftor 30 day shred :)
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    I tried mine with 30 Day Shred today. Seemed accurate, not far off what MFP had me at for general circuit training.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I can't tell how accurate it is.

I'm not sure how accurate it is, it doesn't seem to be great at reading my resting heart rate, usually sits between 70 and 100, but can jump up to 200! D:

ALSO

Does it base calories on the reading it gets at the time you hit the calorie button (times however many minutes the stopwatch says), or does it count calories the whole time you're exercising? Because it gives me pretty high calories, and I'm starting to worry it's over estimating...
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    well I set mine uop and it said 161 cals for 30 min shred was gettign 222 on mfp
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    well I set mine uop and it said 161 cals for 30 min shred was gettign 222 on mfp

Mine is 160cals on average for level 1 of 30ds as well, circuit training on MFP for 20 mins for me was 220cals.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    There are polar ones on ebay for £15 and under lol
  • jankleberry
    Options
    I got 292 for 30 Day Shred level 1 today and MFP says 304.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    My one gives me more calories for walking than mfp does, but that makes sense because the MFP cals don't take into account the fact that Edinburgh is very hilly!

It made sense in the gym, gave me 300 for half an hour of cardio. I'll have to test it out with something intense like the 30ds and see what it says !
  • mummytobeslim
    Options

Mine is 160cals on average for level 1 of 30ds as well, circuit training on MFP for 20 mins for me was 220cals.
    well at least I must have set it up right then lol
  • jankleberry
    Options
    My one gives me more calories for walking than mfp does, but that makes sense because the MFP cals don't take into account the fact that Edinburgh is very hilly!

It made sense in the gym, gave me 300 for half an hour of cardio. I'll have to test it out with something intense like the 30ds and see what it says !

The hills in Edinburgh do my nut in. Spose its good for exercise!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Haha, what about the ridiculously steep hills in the centre of Glasgow though? They're a ***** to walk up :P
  • jankleberry
    Options

Haha, what about the ridiculously steep hills in the centre of Glasgow though? They're a ***** to walk up :P

oh god I know. I've learnt to AVOID
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

oh god I know. I've learnt to AVOID

that's what the subway is for right? :L
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    You maybe surprised, but when i didn't have a HRM, i used to put circuit training in for boxercise or any circuits i used to do. MFP is a lot lower than the HRM, and i do mean a LOT.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options

I'm not sure how accurate it is, it doesn't seem to be great at reading my resting heart rate, usually sits between 70 and 100, but can jump up to 200! D:

ALSO

Does it base calories on the reading it gets at the time you hit the calorie button (times however many minutes the stopwatch says), or does it count calories the whole time you're exercising? Because it gives me pretty high calories, and I'm starting to worry it's over estimating...

It will jump too 200 if you sit down with it on. it counts calories based on how fast your heart beats... it's pretty accurate. well mine is anyhoo.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

ALSO

It will jump too 200 if you sit down with it on. it counts calories based on how fast your heart beats... it's pretty accurate. well mine is anyhoo.

I know it counts calories based on your heart rate lol. I mean, does it count the whole time you're exercising (allowing for inconsistency) or does it estimate it by taking your heart rate at the time and working it out there? Therefore not allowing for inconsistency. It seems accurate enough, but I wanna be sure!

ALSO

It's given me a rash as well D:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I know it counts calories based on your heart rate lol. I mean, does it count the whole time you're exercising (allowing for inconsistency) or does it estimate it by taking your heart rate at the time and working it out there? Therefore not allowing for inconsistency. It seems accurate enough, but I wanna be sure!

ALSO

It's given me a rash as well D:
    It counts the calories all the time, based on your heart rate at every instant. You can see this by pressing the button to show the calories at several different times during your workout, and then restarting your stopwatch after that (without resetting it).

And that's best way of doing it... Otherwise it would be pretty crap since you can exercise with less intensity at some points (thus burn less calories).