Finishing Stage One! Major progress :o)

Options
I'm at the end of Stage One and doing the AMRAP workouts, mostly for the psychological boost. :smile:

I'm doing them at the weight I started with eight workouts ago. And the final tally for today, Workout A, is:
FIFTY squats with a 20-lb barbell
TWENTY pushups (girlie-style)
TWENTY-FIVE reps at 70-lb on the seated row
THIRTY-FOUR stepups (for each leg) with two 10-lb dumbbells
TWENTY jackknifes on the stability ball

Yep, I'm happy with that. :happy:

What is really cool is that I've progressed so far in such a short time in terms of confidence and weight... since February 6:

Squats: 20lb -> 65lb
Pushups: struggling to make 15 -> made it to 20 and only had to fight for the last three
Seated Row: 70lb -> 100lb
Step Ups: 30lb -> 50lb
Jackknife: getting easier, if not more graceful. lol

Deadlifts: 20lb barbell -> 95lb olympic barbell
Shoulder Press: 7lb -> 20lb
Lat Pulldown: 75lb -> 90lb
Lunge: 20lb -> 30lb
Swiss-Ball Crunch: now doing the modified version with extended arms, with no struggle

Replies

• keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant! I am due to finish Stage One in about 2 weeks and can't wait (even though I love the workout).
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    How did you do Stage 1 in less than a month?
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    great progress!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    How did you do Stage 1 in less than a month?

Stage One has eight workouts, and I did three workouts a week - M-W-F: Feb 6,8,9,13,15,17,20,22, with the 24 & 27 for the "special workouts".
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    I'm sorry to say you misunderstood the workouts!! It's 8 each of A and B, so 16 workouts total, plus AMRAP.

Edit: see these links for help:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/500913-nrolfw-log
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388750-link-for-prepopulated-log

I wondered why you didn't mention the deadlifts! Maybe you can do the 'B' workouts now, in a row?
  • KareninCanada
    Options
    Really?

Gah, just looked at the book again. LOL You're right. :ohwell:

We've been alternating Workouts A & B, but apparently I didn't read the chart right when I made up my log sheet. We did A-B-A-B at two sets, then A-B-A-B at three sets...

What would you do now if you were in my shoes?
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    I thought you meant you'd only been doing workout A. OK, if you've alternated both A&B, then if I were you I'd just pick up the 2nd half of the stage, with the 3 sets of lower reps, 3 workouts at 10 reps and 3 at 8 reps i think, for each A&B.

If you see that link to the prepopulated log, it's really helpful. Just use the last 4 workouts of A and B? That's what I'd do anyway!

Keep going xx
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That book *IS* confusing. I am a very intelligent person, and I had to read it like 20x to understand it.

Hey even if you didn't complete "by the book" you still made awesome progress.

Bravo!!!

If I were in your shoes, I would probably do another month of stage 1. Looking ahead the workouts get a lot tougher. Not that Stage 1 is a walk in the park - but it gives a great full body strengthening to get us ready for the other weeks. You might ask someone that is further along in the stages to see what their opinion is. I'm a newbie to NROL
  • deninevi
    Options
    Really?

Gah, just looked at the book again. LOL You're right. :ohwell:

We've been alternating Workouts A & B, but apparently I didn't read the chart right when I made up my log sheet. We did A-B-A-B at two sets, then A-B-A-B at three sets...

What would you do now if you were in my shoes?

If I was in your shoes, I'll just do the rest of stage 1. I loved it so much! I may do just stage 1 after I'm done with stage 7.But if you feel ready for stage 2 then do stage 2. You still did amazing!
  • KareninCanada
    Options
    If I was in your shoes, I'll just do the rest of stage 1. I loved it so much! I may do just stage 1 after I'm done with stage 7.But if you feel ready for stage 2 then do stage 2. You still did amazing!

We decided we're going to finish out Stage One at 3 reps - I'm sure it won't hurt us to keep working on the basics a little longer!! My friend has her military fitness test coming up, so we might add in some of the extra ab work from Stage Two on every other workout just to help her with that, but otherwise keep going.
  • deninevi
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! Good luck to you and your friend on the test!