calorie intake

Options
Ok so I am freaking a little reading this book (Female Body Breakthrough - the other one hasnt arrived yet). It says to do your body weight x9 cals for low eating days and x15 for high cal days. Is this really x your weight in pounds? At the moment I am a massive 236lbs so that would be an insane 2124 for low cal days and 3540 for high cal days.... Am I working this out wrong?

Replies

• silvernswan
    silvernswan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There are lots of different ways to work out your calorie intake (if I recall correctly, there is a choice of two different equations you can use in MFP).

An equation that only involves your weight sounds like a very general one and may not very accurate, especially for people are who overweight/ with higher body fat.

Other methods take into account your height, age, gender (and maybe frame size). If you are waiting on the NROLFW book, you will find a more detailed way to work out your calories in it. :happy:

Saying that, 2124 doesn't sound like a heap of calories to me. I am around 220lb and 5"10 and that would be about maintence on a non-work out day for me.

However 3540 does sound like quite a lot . Unless you were strenously active a large part of the day, you wouldn't burn the extra 1400 calories.

Hope that helps
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I ignored the "strenuous" day number completely in the New Rules book.... as I take it, that is for a day when you worked a strenuous physical job AND did a hard workout. And 194, my numbers are 1842 on a non-workout day and 2127 on a workout day.

I put in your age and weight and came out with this:

For Fat Loss:

1578 on a non-workout day
    1891 on a workout day
    2204 on a strenuous work + workout day

For Maintenance:

1878 on a non-workout day
    2191 on a workout day
    2504 on a strenuous work + workout day