Checking In

Options
2»

Replies

• greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Well after lunch yesterday it was all downhill from there. A friend brought us Italian food (I should've eaten my salad, I knew it too) and after that it was bad...I haven't been eating sweets really for the last week and man did I make myself sick yesterday. I will spare the details but I woke up with a horrible stomachache. I can really feel it when I eat well for a while and then binge on crap. Oh well, it's not a complete waste if I learn from it - hopefully I have learned (again, sigh) and next time I will know and do better.

I plan to eat pretty healthy and have a binge-free day today. Fridays are usually difficult for me but I still feel crappy so hopefully that will help me not eat the junk.

Oddly enough, weekends are not difficult for me - I tend to want to eat when I'm at my desk at work, so I'm glad it's Friday.

I hope you all have a happy, binge-free Friday! :smile:
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Greekygirl weekends seem to be easier for me as well. I think the idleness of sitting at my desk all day during the week just makes me want to snack, snack, snack. :frown:
    I’ve also noticed the same thing about how my body feels after I’ve been eating healthy for a while then I give it a bunch of crap. It doesn’t like me very much! I’m really trying to remember that feeling BEFORE I give in to a binge to see if it will help me stop myself. I consistently struggle with that sort of mindfulness when i'm confronted with food and then really considering the big picture and the long term goals I’ve set when I’m “in the moment” of a binge or when I feel the incessant cravings coming on . .

I’m trying to maintain a little “food universe” every day. Basically I plan out what I’m going to eat and don’t waver from it. If I eat anything that wasn’t part of my original plan for the day, that’s when I get into trouble! If I eat anything outside my little universe I’ll just eat everything in sight! I was doing really well for a little while but I think I got too strict with it and ended up restricting too much for the amount I was exercising which triggered the binging episodes at the end of last week and beginning of this one. I think I’m back on track but I need to find that balance of food to exercise ratio and not restrict too much :ohwell: . . . It’s a process but I think I’m maybe getting smarter about it . . . I think.

Cheers to the progress you all have made and here's to a happy, HEALTHY weekend for everyone! :flowerforyou: