Let's Move

Options
msmith2020
msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
Today I am going to do Wii boxing for 30 mins, Tennis for 20 and bowling for 10 for a total of 60 minutes of movement! I hope to burn 348 calories!!

Ok, so I just found out My Fitness Pal has some of the Wii sports already set up to calculate your calories you get back, totally awesome!!! Can you believe that when I was running for 20 minutes, walking 10 total of 30 minutes averaging 2 miles. I was burning about 280 per cardio workout and average 150 for weights at 30 mins, but I will burn more calories this way then when I was going to the gym everyday with weights and cardio? And I dont even have to leave the house!!

So anyone else have some workout ambitions for tonight?!

Replies

• susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I always work out in the mornings, but I may try and get a little Wii in tonight. :happy:
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5 am (heavy) and again after work (light). Today I rowed for 17 min; walked for 35 min @3 mph; and used Wii Fit Plus for 85 min and burned a total of 1023 cal. which is more than I consumed as I ended up fasting for lunch (not by choice). Tomorrow morning will do another 75 min and then hit the gym after work for 30 - 60 min.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Exerbeat is good I've burned over 700cals in an hour on that one.

would burning 348 cals on those games depend on your weight?
  • msmith2020
    Options
    I work out at 5 am (heavy) and again after work (light). Today I rowed for 17 min; walked for 35 min @3 mph; and used Wii Fit Plus for 85 min and burned a total of 1023 cal. which is more than I consumed as I ended up fasting for lunch (not by choice). Tomorrow morning will do another 75 min and then hit the gym after work for 30 - 60 min.

Wow! Great Job! :) I will up my workout bc of you... lol Still only once a day though...
  • msmith2020
    Options
    Exerbeat is good I've burned over 700cals in an hour on that one.

would burning 348 cals on those games depend on your weight?

No according to My fitness Pal's calculator. I just added how long I did it and it told me my calories, look it up under activities, "Wii boxing" "Wii tennis" and "Wii bowling" see what it gives you. Trust me, if you have never done the wii boxing with wii sports, you will be so sore the next day! Try bobbing and weeving for 30-60 mins straight! Your side with ACHE! lol Its the most I have felt after a workout in a very long time! So I guess I'm doing something right.. I wonder if it will beef up my abs... hmmm lol
  • msmith2020
    Options
    Tonight I am going to do Wii boxing for 40 minutes for 278 Calories, Wii Tennis for 30 mins for 154 calories and wii bowling for 20 mins for 74 calories. A total of 506 calories burned today!

Day 2 on my fitness pal is working out great! :happy:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Today I did 10 minutes of boxing, 8 minutes of tennis, 12 minutes of super hula hoop, and 5 minutes of step for a total of 35 minutes and 204 calories burned! :)
  • msmith2020
    Options
    Today I did 10 minutes of boxing, 8 minutes of tennis, 12 minutes of super hula hoop, and 5 minutes of step for a total of 35 minutes and 204 calories burned! :)

great job! Keep moving!!
  • dougii
    Options
    3/7: 20 minutes rowing; 46 minutes Wii cardio; 30 minutes eliiptical (3.28 miles); 20 minutes weight training. Total calorie burn of 1048. (Elliptical and weights after work the rest at 5:15 a.m.) You guys are all helping to keep me motivated - THANKS!
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    just did 26 min of ExerBeat burned 120 calories
  • msmith2020
    Options
    3/7: 20 minutes rowing; 46 minutes Wii cardio; 30 minutes eliiptical (3.28 miles); 20 minutes weight training. Total calorie burn of 1048. (Elliptical and weights after work the rest at 5:15 a.m.) You guys are all helping to keep me motivated - THANKS!

Your welcome! And the same goes out to everyone else for me too!! Because I write it down on this group I tell myself
    "I cant make myself a lair to my group!"
    Therefor I go home and do my workout! It keeps me moving! Thank you guys so much!!
  • msmith2020
    Options
    Today I am going to do 30 mins of Wii Baseball for 135 calories, 30 mins of Wii Tennis for 154 calories for a total of: 289 calories burned!

I tell you what though, last night I actually did squats and danced while playing tennis bc the music I was playing had such an awesome beat I moved around a lot more! I hope that means I burned more calories! We will see on my WI next Tuesday! I think this means I need to get a Just Dance game for the Wii! What do you think? lol :laugh:
  • dougii
    Options
    This morning I rowed through the 100,000 meter mark since I started rowing on January 29th and made it to the 25 lbs lost point which was my first major goal! I am really excited about making this kind of progress in just 2 months. :smile:
  • msmith2020
    Options
    This morning I rowed through the 100,000 meter mark since I started rowing on January 29th and made it to the 25 lbs lost point which was my first major goal! I am really excited about making this kind of progress in just 2 months. :smile:

YAY FOR 25 POUNDS GONE and YAY FOR 100,000 ROWING SOMETHING OR ANOTHER!!

your making great progress! Keep it up!!!!!
  • dougii
    Options
    3/8: 35 minutes rowing; 80 minutes Wii; total cal burn 927.
  • dougii
    Options

YAY FOR 25 POUNDS GONE and YAY FOR 100,000 ROWING SOMETHING OR ANOTHER!!

your making great progress! Keep it up!!!!!
  • dougii
    Options
    That didn't work well....first try. Meant to add - Thanks Melissa!!! Rowing is measured in Meters....100,000 meters is the equivalent of running 10, 10Ks. If interested in seeing a real rowing machine or ERG (the one I use) check out www.concept2.com. It looks easy but the first time I tried it I only lasted about 3 minutes - much more work than it looks.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've got a passive trainer bike (as have co-ordination problems) its motorised pedals so pedals legs for me and usually burn between 158-162 cals in the 15min cycle, it doesn't do exactly 15mins each time which is why its not exactly the same each time but 30 mins is usually just over 300cals and an hour I can do over 600cals on it.

If i haven't had energy to do stuff like boxing etc during day I can sit on sofa and go on pedals for an hour whilst watching telly and still burn at least 600cals off! :laugh:

I know strictly speaking its not a wii game however as I can't jog, I strap the wii remote to my leg whilst on the bike sometimes and it makes my character jog around the island on the jogging game on wii fit plus! It also works for step to the beat for making character walk around by fastening nunchuk to leg - though have to select easy option so don't have to be exactly on beat cos I'm not actually stepping (and don't lose points for not been on beat) but you walk around unlocking stuff and building your island and I still burn my 600 cals for pedalling on bike for an hour whilst getting a bit further in the game! :happy:
  • msmith2020
    Options
    Tonight, I am going to play Wii Tennis for 40 minutes for 206 calories burned! And Wii bowling for 30 mins (and possibly kick my BF's butt in the game!! lol) for 112 calories burned!

Total calories burned today: 320!!!!!!!! Woot-Woot! See what a little fun on the Wii can give back to you?

I am super excited to burn these calories!! I dont let myself eat dinner until I do, soo.. as you can see why I'm excited. lol
  • dougii
    Options
    3/9: 54 min Wii cardio; 15 min weights; 30 min elliptical;16 min recumbant bike; total cal burn 962.