Let's Move

Options
2»

Replies

• msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying... I did workout this weekend, I ran for 33 mins, moved in, so thats lifting and carring boxes all weekend! I promise! lol)

Alrighty! Tonight I am going to Tennis for 30 mins for 154 calories burned, Boxing for 20 mins for 139 calories burned for a total workout of 50 mins and 293 calories burned. Its not much, but at least I am moving!!
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    tonight i'm going to do tennis for at least 30min. hopefully more but not less than 30
  • msmith2020
    Options
    OK I feel bad.. I must confess I didnt workout last night, even though I wrote here that I was going to. But now I have confessed my dirty little secret and it wont happen again!!

But good news is I have lost for my first week! Yay!

Tonight I will do last nights workout. Wii Tennis for 30 mins = 152 cals and Wii Boxing for 20 mins = 137 cals.

total calories burned: 289.

Great news!! I might be getting my Wii Fit Plus & Balancing board by Wednesday or Thursday night! maybe... but hopefully!!

This will really mix up my workout options and allow me to see what all the fuss is about running around some island and flying and stuff! lol
  • 2jayjaysmom
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you will love the wii fit plus and balance board....I super super love to do the step aerobics on mine
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling my way through this week (week 2 of my 30 day wii challenge) but had alot of other stuff on too this week, not finished yet.. have to fit in shopping tomorrow, 2 dog walks and my wii challenge and sunday out to visit step mum (mothers day here in UK) and the exercise and 2 walks for my dog.. hoping I'll have more energy for week 3.. which starts with vet visit for my dog! :ohwell:
  • msmith2020
    Options
    Ok I havent moved in like,,, 5 days I dont even know how long. I feel awful!!

Tonight I will do Tennis for 30 mins, Boxing for 10 and Baseball for 15

total calories burned: 286

Still haven't gotten my board yet.. :( really depressed about it!!! Hopefully it comes in tonight... Ugh..
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely hopeless at the baseball, never got it and I've had the game ages! .. I like the boxing and tennis for a good workout, but also enjoy bowling. I make 'celebrity Mii's' on mine and occasionally enjoy a round of golf with the likes of Robbie Williams and Ant & Dec :laugh: (I play their go too unless have friend(s) here and we each choose a celebrity to play!)
  • msmith2020
    Options
    I FINALLY GOT MY WII BOARD AND WII FIT PLUS IM SUPER EXCITED TO START IT TONIGHT!!! :bigsmile: :love: :laugh:

Any suggestions on what type of activites I should use for a workout? I know all are good... but I didnt see anywhere where a workout was already laid out for you... Suggestions please???

I'm thinking something along the lines of doing each category a day.. Like the first one (which ever one that is..) on Monday then yoga on Tuesday and then the next on Wednesday.. etc.. and just keep repeating, maybe making my workout either 30 mins or an hour????
  • 2jayjaysmom
    Options
    I FINALLY GOT MY WII BOARD AND WII FIT PLUS IM SUPER EXCITED TO START IT TONIGHT!!! :bigsmile: :love: :laugh:

Any suggestions on what type of activites I should use for a workout? I know all are good... but I didnt see anywhere where a workout was already laid out for you... Suggestions please???

I'm thinking something along the lines of doing each category a day.. Like the first one (which ever one that is..) on Monday then yoga on Tuesday and then the next on Wednesday.. etc.. and just keep repeating, maybe making my workout either 30 mins or an hour????

you will find the activities when you go inot the "customize" part....you can pick your own trainer too. You have to pick the option or you will just get a pre-programmed one.
    Something to keep in mind--if you get the Wii Active games they also work with the board BUT the two games don't "talk" to each other..For example if you do a challenge on Wii Fit Plus for 5 days --you do Fit day A and active on day B--when you go back to the Wii fit it will tell you that it missed you blah blah blah ... Also if you do both in the same day you will have to write down calories burned for both games it won't combine the too....Learned that the hard way

Let me know which ones you like the best
  • 2jayjaysmom
    Options
    Oh yeah you can customize your own workout also. I like this feature a lot....Create the type of workout and the amount of time to suit you....You will have a blast working out on the board
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT that you got your board!!! I love mine - use it every day, just finished 70 minutes for a 478 cal burn. I tend to move around the different catagoies a bit when exercizing but do the following every day: 1 island lap (11 minutes), 1 expert rythm boxing (12 minutes), 3 advanced stepping (15 minutes); after that it is wide open - hulla, shorter runs, yoga, a little strength, obstacle course, kung fu, etc. And of course I always warm up and cool down with several games of snowball fight! If you do other exercizes you can record the minutes in your log book - you will have to decide how many Mets to use for each type of exercize, for example I use 5 Mets for rowing, and 3 mets for dog walking (3 mph). Click on the graph icon to get there. I track all of my exercize calories on the Wii and convert MFP to Wii calories when logging - that way everything is consistent. Enjoy!!!!
  • msmith2020
    Options
    What do you mean convert MFP to wii calories? I just want to make sure what Wii says I burn, MFP says the same so Im not going over or under on one or the other.. like you said, consistent. :)

I start tonight! I have done the hula hoops. That was fun! I have done a small run around the island, that wasnt bad either.. although I love to run I dont really like running in place.. the bird one was difficult.. I mean I couldnt get the darn bird to land before my time ran out!! :huh:

I wonder what I am going to start on tonight.. :yawn: lol
  • dougii
    Options
    What do you mean convert MFP to wii calories? I just want to make sure what Wii says I burn, MFP says the same so Im not going over or under on one or the other.. like you said, consistent. :)

I start tonight! I have done the hula hoops. That was fun! I have done a small run around the island, that wasnt bad either.. although I love to run I dont really like running in place.. the bird one was difficult.. I mean I couldnt get the darn bird to land before my time ran out!! :huh:

I wonder what I am going to start on tonight.. :yawn: lol

When I enter the same number of minutes on MFP for one of my exercizes I get a different calorie burn than I do with my Wii - sometimes by quite a bit. For example I just entered 30 minutes of rowing at 309 calories; MFP wanted to give me 498. I know that the 309 is correct because it is only 9 cals different between the ERG and the Wii. So I convert everything into Wii calories for consistencies sake....
  • dougii
    Options
    3/20/12: 30 min rowing; 23 min walking dog at 3 mph; 70 min Wii cardio; 45 min weight training. Total cal burn = 1392 (and I am feeling it today).