Ahem. Boobs.

Options
shammxo
shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
I know it's really common to lose 'em once you start exercising and losing weight... But when do they stop shrinking!? I swear, if mine get any smaller, they're going to vanish :/

Went from a 38 D to a 32 A. And the 32 band is too loose on me. What about you?

Replies

• aimeerocksx3
    Options
    Originally, I lost the bulk of my weight before I knew what a bra size was. I went from about 180 to 140 when I was 13, so I honestly don't remember how big my boobs were.

I do remember though having a B cup, but now I'm most definitely an A. I don't mind so much, at least we won't have back problems in the future.

I also know of someone who didn't lose any of her boobs. She's still a DD and a size 4 jeans.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This past month the ONLY inches I lost were in my chest (2!). Oh and I am only maybe a B and 32 strap is loose on me too. I have no idea when this madness will stop!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    WOW, from 38D to 32A is a large difference. Boobs are the first place to lose weight. Would it help to build up your chest muscles? This may make them look a bit larger.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 30GG to a 28F, and I feel like I have nothing left there any more. I would like them to stop shrinking now! I never thought I would say that!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Not to discourage anyone...but, as we age our boobs become even smaller due to lack of tissue. Sad.:sad:
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Down from a B to an A, but it is totally worth it because of the way the rest of my body looks. I just invest in a good padded push-up bra. :)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Don't know, I have lost a little in my boobs (which isn't so bad, because I was "in between" a C and B before) but carry most of my weight in my hips.

BUT we get to wear teeny string bikinis and won't get all saggy and gross when we are old.

ROCK WATCHA GOT. :)
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't know, I have lost a little in my boobs (which isn't so bad, because I was "in between" a C and B before) but carry most of my weight in my hips.

BUT we get to wear teeny string bikinis and won't get all saggy and gross when we are old.

ROCK WATCHA GOT. :)

That's a great way to look at it! Push up bras for all the lookers and always perky for our own honeys, even when we're old! Thanks! :)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I had just become a 34B when I started this journey. Now I'm down to a 32A and feel like I have nothing. It's embarrassing to think of buying bras in the girls department. :blushing:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I had just become a 34B when I started this journey. Now I'm down to a 32A and feel like I have nothing. It's embarrassing to think of buying bras in the girls department. :blushing:

I have always been flat chest (except at my heaviest!) and it doesn't bother me hugely. I buy big girl regular bras but little girl sports bras a lot...they're half the price!
  • epicthin
    epicthin Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm a little reluctant to lose weight since I'm at a 32DD after years of being the flat-chested friend. I guess it's all the more motivation to just tone up instead of lose ten-twenty pounds like I originally wanted.
  • tretheb
    tretheb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    that's exactly why i won't go lower than 140 .. i decided to pack it in instead of losing cause i like my booby ...
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    I haven't had a huge issue with mine luckily. I went from a 36D to a 34D with my 9 pounds lost. Toning my chest has definitely helped with keeping them where I want them to be!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Just a word on the issue of toning vs. losing...(and boobs)

You can strength muscles which is result in something getting toners (yay).

But in order to really tone you must lose the fat OVER the muscle. If you lose fat AND you are genetically predisposed to lose breast size (since they are just fat) then they will get smaller.

So this line between drawn between losing and toning and really sort of artificial. You can tone without losing weight but you can't tone without losing fat.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I have always been flat chest (except at my heaviest!) and it doesn't bother me hugely. I buy big girl regular bras but little girl sports bras a lot...they're half the price!
    Hm, I might have to check this out! I never looked for sports bras in the girls dept!
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    mine were obnoxiously disproportionately large in high school, to the point i had surgery at age 17. went from a 34DDD down to a 34c/d. in college they got bigger, freshmen 15 and then some, and i was a 36DD for a while and evened out around a 36D-DD for the next 15 years.

as soon as i started losing weight they started deflating, and have all but disappeared. i assume at some point i'll get them tucked up so i can go braless. right now they're between a 32-34 B. but i like them like this. i can wear camisoles under tee shirts or just on their own and i'm perfectly happy with that.

gap makes some decent sports bras. the really supportive ones, not the frilly ones.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    From a 34 D/DD to a 32 B
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I know it's really common to lose 'em once you start exercising and losing weight... But when do they stop shrinking!? I swear, if mine get any smaller, they're going to vanish :/

Went from a 38 D to a 32 A. And the 32 band is too loose on me. What about you?

Went from a 34D to a 34D. Lost about 5 inches in the waist. I figure if I start running my boobs will go to lala land though.
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not to discourage anyone...but, as we age our boobs become even smaller due to lack of tissue. Sad.:sad:

Oh jeez, I'll remind my BF to enjoy them while they're there! lol
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I remember when I fell to 120 due to depression a not eating whatsoever (literally, it was a bad, bad time, man) that I didn't fill out my bras as well. I suppose that means that that's exactly what will happen if I get down to my goal of 130 or 125... damn. And I carry most of my weight in my hips. =(. WHY DOESN'T THE FAT BURN FROM THERE?!

Maybe I'll consider cosmetic surgery in the future, if it still matters to me.