30 session Challenge

Options
Stacivogue
Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
I've never stuck to pilates for 30 sessions. This time I'm going to do it! I've got 11 sessions under my belt with Jennifer Kries method precision pilates CD.

When I first started, this was my blog post:

Don't take this personally, but I hate you, Jennifer Kries
After a week of psyching myself up, (or procrastinating) I finally got Method Pilates on my ipad and did most of the workout today. Method Pilates is a video featuring Jennifer Kries from sometime in the 90's. It's also a really great workout that stretches your legs and the only pilates DVD that I've found that doesnt make you stand on your feet, for the whole workout. And this is important, because I've been through multiple foot surgeries. So you'd think I would love Jennifer Kries.

But the first time I dust off the pilates DVD and do the video is torture. And there she is, perfectly thin and flexible, in her 90's workout outfit, perpetually calm, and encouraging me in a fantastically good workout which is also impossibly boring. But worth it. Which is why, about 15 minutes in, when she tells me to lay on my back and pull one leg up in the air "as far back toward my nose as is comfortable" (roughly a 90 degree angle, maybe less...ok. Less.) and tells me that "eventually, you'll be able to take your foot and pull it over your head...and touch the floor." Then she demonstrates this.

It is at this point when I begin openly swearing at Jennifer Kries. I've done this workout for many years (granted, giving up each time due to the soul crushing boredom of the workout), and have never been able to pick up my foot, pull it over my head, and do a split which allows my leg to touch the floor over my shoulder.

I think it's time that we all acknowledge that Jennifer Kries is an alien being from another planet, and is made of rubber.

And this happened the same day, i might add, that I found my husband doing acrobatic upside down crunch flips on his pull up bar in my living room. I shall perservere. And one day, when I can flip my leg over my head like it's fun, my husband will be all..."wow, how did you do that?" And I'll still hate Jennifer Kries.

Fast forward 11 sessions. I can now keep my legs completely straight for most of the workout. I can do every move except the teaser. My flexibility has definitley improved.

Replies

• Stacivogue
    Options
    13 sessions done,,,,
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    14sessions down....
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am up for the 30 day challenge - I have three sessions in so far. I have been doing the Windsor Pilates circle workout.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    you go! Sessions 15 and 16 done...yesterday and today
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Session 17....done... can do the teaser, but not well. 5 of 6.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    4 sessions done - I moved from the beginner to the advanced circle workout. There were about 4 exercises I could not do! Hopefully I will be able to get them eventually.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Nice! Trying to do session 18 today.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Session 18 done...
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Session 19 done last night.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Session 20 done while watching desperate housewives.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im in :)...today 1
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Yay! Nice to have company! Day 1 is tough! I just did session 21 last night....
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Session 22 done. I still curse at Jennifer kries.
  • Energyflows
    Options
    Just to stay accountable to myself ;-)

I picked up this 'old' thread and it gave me the motivation to start the 30 sessions challenge.
    I remember loving to bits the yoga and pilates I used to do and I don't know why I stopped!

I'm back at it, trying to focus on my abs and waist ^.^

Session 1 is in the bag! (22nd of oct)
  • Energyflows
    Options
    Done 30day Shred + session 2 (in the evening) just to cool down a bit ^^
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Just started again! Finished session 5. Feel stronger but still really tight. I don't have great form on the teaser yet. (it's pretty awful) but I dont' usually get good form on those until session 10 or so.
  • Energyflows
    Options
    Yay! You are back on it! It's thanks to you that I, myself, started again, I feel oh so better already :-)

I'm finshed with session 3 and tonight will be session 4.

Today I threw my scale away... I will be looking at my form + inches lost

Happy sessions to you!
  • Energyflows
    Options
    well... had some free time and did sess 4 :-) Happy Me!

ps: how long is your 'routine'?
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Yay! Go you! I do anywhere from 3o to 55 min of Pilates mat, and sometimes I get brave and do the toning and posture workout, another 45 min. I have gained 25 lbs all in my middle so this is quite a bit harder(especially in a mirror). But the last time I lost it I was all flabby. This time I figure I will emerge Phoenix -like, all sculpted. :)
  • Energyflows
    Options
    Wow, sess' 5 DONE and it's the best one until now :-)

My goal is to be able to tell a difference in my arms and stomach at the end of the 30 sessions. I already feel stronger :-) And I like it

We'll be super fit and sculpted at the end hahaha :)