Insanity

Options

Replies

• AKartes11
    AKartes11 Posts: 30
    Options
    Whoa... Loving all the "insane" people!!! I'm on day 10 today and definitely think I can see/ feel a difference in my body and endurance! How are all of you ladies doing with it?! Trish...How did the fit test go?! I'm dreading having to do it again next week :(
    And no I'm not eating as much as I should... My daily goal is 1500 and with exercise it goes up to around 2000... But on a normal day I only get in about 1200 :/ I wonder how that is affecting my workouts...
  • sister83
    sister83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Whoa... Loving all the "insane" people!!! I'm on day 10 today and definitely think I can see/ feel a difference in my body and endurance! How are all of you ladies doing with it?! Trish...How did the fit test go?! I'm dreading having to do it again next week :(
    And no I'm not eating as much as I should... My daily goal is 1500 and with exercise it goes up to around 2000... But on a normal day I only get in about 1200 :/ I wonder how that is affecting my workouts...

oh no you should be eating more my dear. At least eating the nett of your bmr, you should search the forum about why it's important to never go below your bmr, there are plenty of threads on that.
    I ate 2100 cals todayyy phewww feeling great
  • AKartes11
    Options
    Yeah I try to get in as much as I can but it's so hard to find time to eat with my crazy kids!!! I am going to the grocery store and buying a bunch of quick healthy snacks today!!! Thanks for the thread info!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    didnt hit my 3000 calorie burn for the day instead hit 2890 which is pretty close. Today is day two, then I go to work so maybe I will hit 3000? My bodymedia said I only burned 150 doing my fit test yesterday :( was a little disapointed BUT i was tired and it was late and it was after work. Hence since it is a dinner shift tonight my husband and I are doing day two before work. While I still hav energy. And the night before I had gotten very little sleep but last night I slept till I was ready to wake up so expecting much better results this time :)
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    day two of insanity cardio pylometric was a semi fail as I didnt finish since I ran out of time and had to keep stoping to help the kids with homework and I admit my endurance was not up to it and not I need to get ready for work. But I still burned more calories then the fit test last night according to my bodymedia and I hit 9 mins of vigorous activity. I will just make it up by doing it on sunday instead of taking a day of rest. Or would that be a bad idea?
  • sren4th
    sren4th Posts: 23
    Options
    @ sister38, if you get you a cal count watch and leave it on all day its quit interesting how much you burn during the day heck even sleeping lol.
    After missing all last week (week 3) due to sprained ankle i went back into it yesterday since i start Monday so Sunday is my rest day haha. But I used for the first time my watch and by bein 5 foot 4 and 125 lbs I burned 468 calories with Cardio Power &Resistance and I can't see me eating 1200 + the once I burn for workout this is nuts haha.
    How is the rest of you doing so far?
  • sister83
    Options
    @ sister38, if you get you a cal count watch and leave it on all day its quit interesting how much you burn during the day heck even sleeping lol.
    After missing all last week (week 3) due to sprained ankle i went back into it yesterday since i start Monday so Sunday is my rest day haha. But I used for the first time my watch and by bein 5 foot 4 and 125 lbs I burned 468 calories with Cardio Power &Resistance and I can't see me eating 1200 + the once I burn for workout this is nuts haha.
    How is the rest of you doing so far?

Yeah I'm planning to get one soon but as for now I just treat it as 500 burnt during insanity which I hope is close to my actual burn since I try to pace myself with certain cast members and push myself till I'm half dead lol.
  • sren4th
    Options
    sister83 - No don't do this lets just all end up insane :laugh:
  • sren4th
    Options
    day two of insanity cardio pylometric was a semi fail as I didnt finish since I ran out of time and had to keep stoping to help the kids with homework and I admit my endurance was not up to it and not I need to get ready for work. But I still burned more calories then the fit test last night according to my bodymedia and I hit 9 mins of vigorous activity. I will just make it up by doing it on sunday instead of taking a day of rest. Or would that be a bad idea?

trish, i am not an expert but i believe the day rest is for your own good lol maybe you can do it in the evening or when your kids are in bed unless you work nights. But unless you do this every day i don't think this one time will hurt :flowerforyou:
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    I was so sore yesterday and today that I couldnt work out so tomorrow I am going to do the fit test again and just do that for the next few days to work up and then start over again on monday. If i had started this right after 30 day shred I would be ok but I got bronchitis for a month and then spasmed my back out and basically you can really get out of shape in only 4 months :)
  • TrishJimenez
    Options

trish, i am not an expert but i believe the day rest is for your own good lol maybe you can do it in the evening or when your kids are in bed unless you work nights. But unless you do this every day i don't think this one time will hurt :flowerforyou:

Oh and you are right the rest day is important
  • sister83
    Options
    i need help desperately. i get so sleepy a few hours after i finish insanity that i just want to nap but i usually sleep 8-10hrs so this shouldnt be happening. anyone experienced this too??
  • AKartes11
    Options
    Haha... I'm tired all day unless I drink 5 hour energy so I'm probably no help with this question. Hmm, maybe you should eat something right after you are done to replenish your body. I have found that if I don't eat constantly, I'm more exhausted. Sorry I'm not much help, I hope you find your answers.
  • AKartes11
    Options
    Ok... Now I need help... I did cardio recovery yesterday and I'm a million times more sore than with any of the other workouts!! I can't feel my body and I don't know how I am going to finish out the last 2 workout days this week. I haven't bought the results and recovery formula yet... Should I? Or is there something else that I should be trying!?
  • sren4th
    Options
    Ok... Now I need help... I did cardio recovery yesterday and I'm a million times more sore than with any of the other workouts!! I can't feel my body and I don't know how I am going to finish out the last 2 workout days this week. I haven't bought the results and recovery formula yet... Should I? Or is there something else that I should be trying!?

no ma'am this is about right, i think its because we do more deep training and the movements are slower and intense because you go slow vs fast.
    With the sleeping issue i had this as well when i 1st started but you will get used to it. Don't eat right after the training wait 30 - 45 minutes so they say and make sure you drink enough before-while-after workout. I hate to keep saying it but i do way better since i drink the protein shake maybe you should look into it.
  • AKartes11
    Options
    Which protein shake??? I just got the shakeology in the mail yesterday but have yet to try it... I might try it later tonight. I suck at eating often only because I'm never really too hungry all the time :(
  • sren4th
    Options
    Which protein shake??? I just got the shakeology in the mail yesterday but have yet to try it... I might try it later tonight. I suck at eating often only because I'm never really too hungry all the time :(

This is what i been using, but compare prize online andin store I got mine at GMC store and it was $29 while some websides post it for almost $100. I am picky when it comes to stuff like this but its really good, comes in chocolate/strawberry creme/vanilla.
    ~ Gaspari Nutrition - Myofusion Advanced Muscle Building Protein - Milk Chocolate, 36 grams~
    Is for muscle gain and strenght and without any steroids or crap and for femals it helps a lot for me at least :drinker:
  • sister83
    Options
    i just got my Twinlab protein powder in the mail yesterday, hopefully it helps with my fatigue.
    i just found a new "hate". and its cardio recovery, imo its much more difficult than the other workouts as for now. and my back hurts while holding onto the squat and lunge position :(
  • bmwauug
    bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Day 17 tomorrow @ 5:45AM :-)....I'm armed with my HRM now. Today was really tough (Plyometric Cardio). I will say i was pretty amazed at the progress in second the FIT test.

Glad to be in the support group!!!!
  • sren4th
    Options
    Hey hope everyone had a good weekend :smile:
    Well I start today over, a friend of mine wants to join the insanity of us :laugh: and I don't want to put her right into the recovery week or should I rather do this than starting from the beginning, what do you guys think?
    Oh and I'm gonna try tonight to place some pics from 4 weeks ago and as of today as tiny succsess story from my side.
    Glad you all are such a great support here wish I would have had last time known anout this here, who knows maybe I wouldn't have been lazy and doing nothing for 6 month straight :flowerforyou: thanks everyone.