Replies

• ctychick
    ctychick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    oops...
  • ctychick
    ctychick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My motivation: Revenge! (just kidding, but I'm really motivated!)

My brother is engaged to a great girl, but for some odd reason I was not asked to be in the wedding. I'm close to my brother and like his fiance a lot, so I'm very hurt and confused. Anyway, I'm "making lemonade", as the saying goes! I have until October to drop my 15-20 lbs and tone my arms, at which time I'm going shopping for a kick-*kitten*, NON-BRIDESMAID-LOOKING, "I can't believe you're 42", totally classy but totally stunning dress! Don't worry - I won't outshine the bride... It won't be white! :tongue: Wish me luck!

About me - Just joined MFP a few days ago. I'm a 42 y.o. from New York, married with two kids in elementary school. I'm a graphic designer with my own business out of my house, but it's really only part-time right now. I was very successful on WW about 5 years ago - lost 17 lbs to get to my target weight. I gained it back and then some. Right now I'm at my highest and would like to lose 20 lbs., but will be happy after 15 :) . I was bored with Weight Watchers and found it too time consuming to calculate everything. So far the calorie counting system seems to be much easier, but time will tell. I tried 30ds last year and made it about a week. I'm in a different place with my eating right now, so I think the timing is right.

Can't wait to join you all! I'll be doing it every other day.
  • griffith713
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jackie, a 21 year old student in Florida. I haven't tried the 30 Day Shred and I am actually brand new to this site as well. I am definitely looking forward to beginning to get into shape. It's basically summertime where I live already and I want to go to the beach as soon as possible! Can't wait to start!
  • Megmiranda23
    Megmiranda23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. New mommy here with about 15 pounds to lose. Looking forward to losing some weight and staying focused through this group.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. New mommy here with about 15 pounds to lose. Looking forward to losing some weight and staying focused through this group.

Hi! How old is your baby? I have a 6-week-old baby boy. :)
  • mrskrich2010
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kelli from DC...Another new mommy...I just had my first child, a beautiful little girl who is now 4 1/2 months! I need to lose...a lot of weight! :) Well, at least 40 pounds. I also have Crohn's disease so this should be a great addition to helping keep it at bay. I'm looking forward to the workouts. I need more friends for motivation and support, so add me if you need the same! Thanks!!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Kim, 46 yrs old and from Northern NJ. I have been on MFP for 10 months now and have been slacking the whole entire winter. I bought the 30DS dvd last summer but never tried it out yet. Now its time to dust it off and get going and lose weight again.

I do a lot of spinning and lift weights 1-2x a week. Lately I added yoga to my routine. I joined this group a few days ago and been reading the various topics that have been posted. I plan to measure myself and take some before photos and get started tomorrow. I also need to come up with a schedule because I don't think I will do 30 days straight. I still want to spin, yoga & weightlift in addition to the 30DS.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kay from Arlington,TX, I'm 30 years old and MFP has helped me say goodbye to 31 pounds so far. I'm looking forward to lose another 20pounds before July (Cancun - vacation)
    Never done 30days shred, it will be my first time.
    Glad to find a group and can't wait to get started :)
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In an effort to not "reply" to 25 posts, I just wanted to stop in an say how nice it is to meet all of you. I already did my intro (see page 1) but I love the excitement coming from this group. I am completely dedicated and motivated as a result of it. I have taped my 30DS shred schedule to my bathroom mirror and I will be doing measurements and "before" photos on Saturday. I know I am going to see results, so I am ready to get this party started!!
  • e_hayes
    e_hayes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Erin, 22, currently living in Corpus Christi, TX. I'm brand new to MFP, and have never really done fitness challenges before. I hope it helps keep me on track! Through my own workouts, I've lost 15 lbs since last summer, but haven't really been able to break this plateau. I need some motivation, and probably doing something outside my normal routine will help bust it! I'm in the Navy, so I hope this program helps me improve my fitness scores with the physical tests we have to do here. Also, it should help when I get to the flying portion of my training... Anyways, I bought the DVD yesterday and I'm excited to get started. I know it'll suck (a LOT) at times, but it's an investment for the future, right?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    My names Erin! 23 years old from Kansas! I've started this DVD 2 or 3 times only to quit in the middle (from boredom). I probably won't do it everyday because I'll get burnt out, but hope to do it about 3 times a week alternating between the different levels. I also run on my own so I have a moderate fitness level now.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Wow! We have a lot of Erins on here! Sweet! :) I saw at least 3 of us...any more and where??

1. Green Bay, WI
    2. Kansas
    3. Corpus Christi, TX
  • lizardarei
    Options
    My name is Liz and I'm on day 5 of the 30DS. I am a college student and am hoping to lose some weight(or atleast jiggle less) by my graduation in May. I am doing the 30DS, and try and job (very very slowly, maybe more of a power walk) for 20 minutes 5 days a week, I am also sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet, however since my food does come from a cafateria and I am of a small build (just under 5'3) I am worried it won't work. Every other exercise and diet plan I have tried hasn't worked or had very minimal results, and I always seem to bounce back up to my current weight.
  • mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My name's Amber, I'm 23, and I'm from Minnesota. This is not my first time doing 30 day shred but I always got bored with it, this time I plan on mixing it up a bit more. I've lost 55 pounds over the last year. I have more to lose but I'm trying not to focus on the weight itself anymore. Instead I'm trying to focus on fitness and overall health, and hopefully I'll still lose weight!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Wow! We have a lot of Erins on here! Sweet! :) I saw at least 3 of us...any more and where??

1. Green Bay, WI
    2. Kansas
    3. Corpus Christi, TX

Whoo for the Erins! :smile:
  • ThreesCompanee
    Options
    I have 3 kids, ages 4 and under. I have no idea when I am going to exercise, but hand to God, I am gonna do this. I am excited to start tomorrow! I am going to buy a goal bathing suit and take some "Before" pics. I am hoping for the fabulous results that so many other people on MFP have achieved.
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, ages 4 and under. I have no idea when I am going to exercise, but hand to God, I am gonna do this. I am excited to start tomorrow! I am going to buy a goal bathing suit and take some "Before" pics. I am hoping for the fabulous results that so many other people on MFP have achieved.

Get your kids to do it with you, I've done P90x with mine granted they're 6&7 but I've seen vids of under 4s doing exercise vids with their parents.

About me well I'm f33 and will be starting the 1st April, I do the strength training of p90x also but want to add more as my cousins getting wed in May so that's my focus x
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi! :flowerforyou:

I have been on mfp since the beginning of January. I had lost 17ish pounds before joining. In January, I had back surgery and started walking more. Yes, you can lose by walking a lot. 10 more pounds came off and I had heard so much and saw success stories about 30 ds and thought I would give it a try. I have done 7 days so far. I went back to work this week, so I haven't had the time I wanted for it. I have 1 child who does sports and stuff. And besides taking care of the house, well, the perils of being a mom. lol

It is nice to meeting all of you and good luck!!
  • 33lbsless
    33lbsless Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi! I'm Codie. I am almost 21 years old and I am hoping to lose about 30 lbs (10 pounds already lost). I've heard that people don't lose weight doing the shred but I am also going to be doing cardio workouts. I just want to add resistance training to help keep my metabolism up! I am sooo excited and am here to support anyone else!
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    Hey, there!

I'm Colleen, I'm 29 years old and my field is chemistry. I was going to do 30DS with my mom starting January 2nd (we were so excited!) but I ended up being sick through most of December and part of January. Antibiotics didn't work, nothing I took worked until I finally worked with my nutritionist to do a therapeutic fast a couple weeks ago, which seemed to have given my immune system the boost it needed to get rid of my infection. I only just finally am healthy enough to work out again and I thought I would kick it off with 30DS. It will be difficult, but after being sick for months I need some motivation to get back to what I was doing. :) Good luck everyone! I will be there to back you up!

P.S. The most frequent question I get is whether I'm wearing a wig in my profile pic and the answer is no, heh. :)