Thinking about starting stage 1

TriciaZ944
TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
I completed insanity and now im looking to get back into weight training. I used to lift heavy when I was in college then again before my wedding. I did not like my results before my wedding (I was working with a trainer) but I think it was mainly my diet and I didn't lift 3 times a week and frankly I don't think her program for me was for me... She would work out with me so I think it was for her.

What type of results did you see in the beginning of the program?

How soon did you start to see results (I know there are different factors to this)?

I know that I shouldn't focus on the scale but I would love to be down another 10lbs (that would put me at my college weight when I was playing 2 division 1 sports, lifting and in great shape. I'm in a wedding in August and I really would like to have definition for my short and strapless dress... Do you think it will be possible if I follow the program and watch my diet?

Any fitness or diet tips are welcome :). Thank you!

Replies

• TriciaZ944
    Anyone?
  • I would love to know too :)
    I actually ended up googling " Blog New Rules of Lifting for Women" .. I found some pretty awesome ones where the ladies posted up pics and measurement results. Very inspiring.
  • TriciaZ944
    I think I'm just nervous to get back into my weight training. I'm going to start it tomorrow.
  • I start tomorrow also :smile:
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    I think if you're careful with your diet and you follow the program you will ABSOLUTELY see results by August!

I noticed changes after Phase 1 for sure... but if you're an experienced lifter I would say you could compress Stage 1.. It's mostly geared towards newbies that need to get comfortable lifting and in the weight room.

Personally, I eat primal (most of the time), and I follow the program. I lost 8 lbs the first 3 weeks... now I'm not dropping lbs but shedding inches... It's an excellent program! (I'm just about finished Stage 2 now).
  • TriciaZ944
    Thank you. I am trained in lifting, I have just been out of the game for a little while. I may compress Stage 1 if that is the case but I'll start out slow and see how I feel. Thanks for the response! :flowerforyou:
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Hi there

I'm about to start this - I have a little holiday coming up and then I'm going to give this a try. I much prefer lifting weights to cardio, and the book has scared me a little bit I must say! All good though. I'm just trying to ensure that I spend the next two weeks eating at BMR . My appetite has already increased which is great, sort of, because now I'm eating more and I have to get used to that!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member

How soon did you start to see results (I know there are different factors to this)?

I know that I shouldn't focus on the scale but I would love to be down another 10lbs (

The *true* results that I saw at the beginning of this program was a steady UPWARD progression in the AMOUNT of weight I was lifting. And, I got much more comfortable on the "boys" side of the gym and with the form on the various lifts. I am now in Stage 3 of NROL4W and it is just NOW that I have had my first single comment that my shape is starting to change. So, this has taken nearly 12 weeks - mind you, March has been a bit wonky because I was on holidays for 10 days and my lifting program took a break for about 2.5 weeks as I settled into (and out of) those holidays.

Don't focus on the scale or you won't make it through this program. Period.
  • TriciaZ944
    Thanks. I started today and it felt good. I don't really care as much about the scale as I do with the inches. Ty for the tips :)
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member

No pictures to share, but... :smile:

For reference, I am 5'2" and 34 years old.

My starting stats (February 1):
    Weight 197.4
    Chest 46"
    Waist 37"
    Hips 46"
    Thigh 26.5"
    Upper Arm 13.5"

My stats at the end of Stage One (March 14):
    Weight 192.6 (-4.8 lb)
    Chest 42.5" (-3.5")
    Waist 35" (-2")
    Hips 42.5" (-3.5")
    Thigh 26" (-.5")
    Upper Arm 12.75" (-.75")

So I lost not quite 5 lb during Stage One but dropped just over 10" off my body.
  • TriciaZ944
    Great job! Thank you for sharing!
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member

No pictures to share, but... :smile:

For reference, I am 5'2" and 34 years old.

My starting stats (February 1):
    Weight 197.4
    Chest 46"
    Waist 37"
    Hips 46"
    Thigh 26.5"
    Upper Arm 13.5"

My stats at the end of Stage One (March 14):
    Weight 192.6 (-4.8 lb)
    Chest 42.5" (-3.5")
    Waist 35" (-2")
    Hips 42.5" (-3.5")
    Thigh 26" (-.5")
    Upper Arm 12.75" (-.75")

So I lost not quite 5 lb during Stage One but dropped just over 10" off my body.

Wow! Good work :)