Am I doing it wrong?

Options
PixelTreason
PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
Hey all!

This morning was my first Nrol4W workout!

I just had a question: The book is really confusing to me and I feel quite stupid trying to suss it out. I thought I had it but when I did the workout this morning it only took about 25 minutes and seemed really easy. Am I doing it wrong? This is what I did -

Squats (15 of them) then rest for 60 sec
Squats (15) (Rest)
Push Ups (15) (R)
Seated Rows (15 with 55 pounds) (R)
Push Ups (15) (R)
Seated Rows (15 with 55 pounds) (R)
Step Up (15 with 20 pounds) (R)
Prone Jacknife (15) (R) - this one in particular was really easy? Didn't feel it in my abs much at all really.
Step Up (15 with 20 pounds) (R)
Prone Jacknife (15) (R)

Then I was done!

Did I leave things out? Am I missing something? I even had my BF go over the book with me and he says this is correct.
I feel like I got a much better strength workout with 30 day shred.

Help! :)
Thank you!

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    No, you did it right :)

If you found it too easy, you can make it harder by increasing the weight, or doing variations - like do your pushups with your feet elevated for example. It shouldn't be easy, but it might be easiER than for someone who's completely new to working out.

I found the ab work in Stage One lacking and eventually ended up ditching it in favor of doing full sit-ups and leg raises instead.
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The first phase is totally like that. I felt the exact same way... like: "ummm, that's it??"

Stage 2 gets way harder!

I think Stage 1 is just a settling in phase for people that have never lifted before - it's to get your form down and get comfortable with the basics/the weight room before loading on the weight.

:) Good Luck!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your weights a little at a time. I thought the first few workouts in Stage one were easy but they've gotten a little more difficult as I've increased the weight I'm using. Also, towards the end, it takes a little longer to get through when you do 3 sets instead of 2. Just take your time, work on your form, and you'll be getting a good workout.
  • PixelTreason
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks so much for the responses!

I don't mind so much that it was easy - I know it will become harder as I move on and increase the weight I'm using. I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. So glad to know I am, thanks again for the help!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. I'm still in stage 1 but workouts 5-6 took me over 45 minutes with warmups and cooldown/stretching. Enjoy! :wink:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I thought it was way too easy my first couple workouts too. I was proven wrong after awhile. Especially when you start adding in more sets. Also, I find it's more challenging when you add in the warm up recommended.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If you found it easy to do, you're not lifting enough weight. Start by adding 10lbs. to each lift and go up from there. The last 2 reps should be very difficult to complete with ideal form.

Edit: Also, when an exercise calls for alternating legs, the reps are for EACH leg. So for the step-ups you do 15 reps with the right leg then 15 reps with the left leg. That's one set.
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I found it easy too and thought 'I must have done something wrong', but I ache this morning, so I take it back!
  • PixelTreason
    Options
    I found it easy too and thought 'I must have done something wrong', but I ache this morning, so I take it back!

Lol, this was my same experience! :)