Introduce Yourself!

Options
UUZennie
UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
Hi I could write lots of stuff here but honestly it's all in my bio so go check that out if you want to know more about me. I started this group because the only Houston group was for females only and I'm not one.

Feel free to friend me. :-)

Replies

• monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello Houstonians! I joined this group because I was trying to find some local people for motivation, support, and local eating/fitness tips and info. Right now I am down 43 pounds from my SW of 294 but in the past I have been down to 198 (for about 5 minutes, but still). Hypothyroidism and law school did me in, and now I am getting back on track.
  • UUZennie
    UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Monalissanne and welcome!!
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Yay a Houstonian group, sweet! It is always nice to relate to people who also live in the "fattest city".

My name is Laura and I am on a mission to drop (at least) 35 pounds before my (ugh..dare I say it) 35th birthday. It is a reasonable goal and I am ready to shed this extra weight.

I am glad you started this group. :smile:
  • andrewmoralesjr
    Options
    Im Andrew. My info is in my bio, feel free to friend me. I started working out saturday and started my dieting Monday. My weight was 315 saturday morning and this morning I was at 306... so I'm pretty stoked! My goal weight is to be at or around 205 which is where I was when I graduated High School. I live in Katy and work long hours at a desk so its easy to excuse me eating junk and avoid exercise but I'm committed to doing this and welcome support, motivation, and tips/ideas.
  • andrewmoralesjr
    Options
    how do you get the ticker to show on your posts?
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Ruth. Always nice to see people from Houston on here!

I've had a long history with losing weight (I was a big kid) and was pretty successful with WW until I started being active, then I think it was a mental thing and I stopped losing on WW. That was about 2.5 years ago and I have gained a lot of the weight back. I'm still very active, finished a half marathon a month ago and am training for a sprint triathlon in June (4 days before my 30th birthday). My goal is to lose 50lbs (no that's not a lofty goal...) before my boyfriend and I go on our cruise in October! I'm motivated!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

One thing I absolutely love about Houston is all the green space. Since I started cycling and running I have seen more of Houston than I ever thought was possible. Anybody seen the giant president heads on I45 going into downtown? Sure right, most people have seen those... but have you seen the rest of the all the giant presidents heads?? Found those on a bike ride!
  • Lindzer84
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Lindsey! I have never had a problem with my weight until my second child was born, and i entered a very unhealthy relationship. I'm trying to live healthier, and drop this extra 60 lbs i gained! Good luck to everyone!
  • gmswinney
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am Gavin. I started MFP a month ago and I was 208lbs weight in today as 197.2lbs. I have lost 10lbs in a month but I reach my first goal of under 200lbs 2 weeks in but was up and down with weight since at week 3 I took a vaction. Now I am back on track and my big goal is to get down to 175 or 180lbs and lean and tone. With the help of Insinity and this I should reach my goal other month or 2. I want to say this is the greatest thing I have ever found and I love MFP.
  • amiehampton29
    Options
    Hey yall! Amie here. I am from the north side of town, Montgomery County. I have 3 awesome little boys that keep me very busy. I have used that as an excuse to not eat right or exercise.

That changed Jan 20th this year. I started eating healthier, exercising, and logging my calories on MFP. I have lost 22 pounds so far and some of the friends I have made on this site are amazing. My ultimate goal is to lose 75 pounds by Jan 1, 2013.

Best of luck to all of you! :bigsmile:
  • lovebeinGIGI
    lovebeinGIGI Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! Was invited to the group! Thanks! Always nice to have local people to support!
    ~PJ
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    how do you get the ticker to show on your posts?

Go to "Message Boards" then "Settings" then check the box that says "Show your MyFitnessPal ticker below each of your forum posts"
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I live in the Westchase area and I am an MFP junkie :smile:
  • jess3places
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Jess, and I've been on MFP for just over 2 weeks now. I really have enjoyed the ease at which food and exercise can be kept track of. I am making much better "informed decisions" now when it comes to eating and exercising. I am excited about making a few friends in the area who are trying to lose weight like I am! God bless you all!
  • lovebeinGIGI
    lovebeinGIGI Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for new friends, feel free to add me. I'm in Pearland area, work in Houston. :)
    ~PJ
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! My name is Mary and I'm married with 4 kids. I love running, HIIT, and Insanity. I live in the Katy area.
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! My name is Veronica. I enjoy running, HIIT, and BodyPump. I also live in the Katy area.
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello All! My name is Keoshya and I'm in Missouri City area. This weight loss thing has been an up and down thing for me but I won't give up. Check out my bio and feel free to friend me...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
  • Msdld2011
    Options
    Hi,

I am a mother of 3. Lives in Champions Area. Just joined MFP. I have finally gotten into a better eationg pattern, which has yielded a -7 lbs in 3 days. I started taking a multivitamin and vitamin D. I am at a turning point. I have now realized that "If it is to be, It is up to me" I want my smaller body back. I have to put forth a conscious effort to make it happen. Hopefully, I can encourage someone wlse and encourage myself a tthe same time.

One thing I need help with immediately is safe snacks. I have only eaten protein, salad and oranges for the past three days. I am scared to eat anything different..LOL:bigsmile:
  • KasandraKristine
    KasandraKristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Houstonians!!

I live in the galleria area and if anyone is a jogger, I'd love to meet up! I started doing c25k last summer and since then I've done 2 5k's and 2 10k's and I'm doing the Green 6.2 in Memorial City on April 28. Feel free to add me!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Howdy Howdy, fellow Houstonians! I'm an Aggie (class of '09) Engineer. I work downtown and live in Spring. I work out at the downtown YMCA during lunch time and at CrossFit Silverback in Spring. If anyone wants to meet up at the Y downtown during lunch, just let me know :)