Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ashley , I was invited to this group. It's awesome to have some local support. I have been on MFP for about 4 months now and lost 33 pounds from my SW 286. I am looking to lose it and keep it off.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    hello there! thanks for inviting me to the group! I'm close by pearland parkway and the beltway. My goal is to lose 20-25 lbs.

.....by the way, Im a twin (she's not on MFP) and our birthday is coming up! Anybody near the galleria area, we are having our bday party at the concert pub galleria on saturday night. A live band (the spicoli's) will be playing all 80s. Feel free to stop on by-the password to get in free is "twins rule"! I would love to meet some local MFP's!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    6 & Westheimer!

I remember when Houston was "the land of Astroworld" and I was from Beaumont! I've lived in several places, Pennsylvania being the last before moving to Houston in 2003...I love Houston!!

Great to meet some locals!
  • jnmunoz89
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!
    My name is Jane, I'm a UH student, legal assistant, and born & raised Houstonian! I work in downtown, and I live not too far (290&610 area). I started my MFP account about a year ago, but I have a bad habit of not keeping up with it (unfortunately). Trying to find ways to stay motivated! It's nice to see other Houstonians on this site; it makes the whole healthy lifestyle and weight loss idea more "real" (if that makes any sense).
  • JuanNownLee
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is juan....i live in northwest houston and love to workout. feel free to add or ask more. :)
  • svnone3rd
    svnone3rd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Christopher! Thanks for the invitation! I'm in the Humble/Atascocita area and I've been on my quest to relive my high school weight for a month, so far so good. I'm an ex computer gamer (World of Warcraft) and gained most of my weight over 10 years of gaming. After a trip to the doctors and finding out that I'm pre-diabetic, with hyper-tension, high cholesterol, oh and sleep apnea. I figured I might just want to do something about that. So yeah I’m here at the advice of my dietician. I’m picking up my “Fitbit” today from Best Buy and I can’t wait to try it out!
  • muziqlvr
    muziqlvr Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jason and I too am addicted to MFP! I've had the app on my android for about a year but didn't really get serious until the first of January 2012. In fact, I started eating REALLY bad on purpose around Thanksgiving and Christmas because I knew I was going to hit it hard this year. I ended up weighing 197lbs by the time Jan. 1st rolled around! Not good for only being 5'2" :o)
    But by my last weigh in last Wednesday I was down to 167!!!! I think I would like to weigh 150, maybe less. I owe it ALL to MFP because it has taught me about portion control, balanced diet and excersise!!!!!! The process has been great and I push myself a little more each day!

Glad to read everyone's posts! Keep up the GREAT work and God bless!!!!

Jas:o)n
  • robidy
    robidy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    Thanks for the invite or message to join the group.
    I am a Native Houstonian and currently live in Pearland.
    I am a Triathlete and have been using MFP to get ready for Race Season.
    I love MFP as we are all trying to improve our lives by getting/staying fit & supporting each other in the process.
    Look forward to following the group and participating
    Thanks
    Robin Talamini Campbell:smile:
  • CanDurkin
    CanDurkin Posts: 63
    Options
    Hey ya'll! My name is Candice and I'm a native Houstonian. Currently in the Spring area. I'm a stay at home/work at home mom with a 3 year-old and a 18 month-old. I started MFP in January and tomorrow will be 100 days logged. I'm addicted to MFP and owe my 20lbs weight loss to this site for sure. I love the support and encouragement that I get from my rather small friend list. There's always room for more support so please feel free to add me if you'd like. I would love to have the support of people close to home. Thanks for the invite and good luck ya'll!
  • puddytats
    puddytats Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Shannon. I live in the Aldine area and I have become obsessed, in a good way, with MFP! It has saved my life!!! I started out at 290 and as of today, I'm down to 260!!! It makes losing weight like a game, I love it!! I hope to reach 180lbs by January, 2013... Would love to have some new friends on this journey!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Hey, new friends and neighbros! Welcome to the Houston group :smile: This group was the idea of member UUZennie and it has really taken off in the past few weeks. I learn something new everyday on MFP, and it's great to be able to connect with others in the Houston area through the site. Feel free to begin new topics on our Discussion Board and add to those already existing posts. Good luck on your health and fitness goals!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amber, I live in the Houston area. I'm 4'10 and have about 16 pounds to lose. I have never done myfitnesspal, but I thought I'd give it a try.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! Houstonians!!!
  • LyriQEve
    LyriQEve Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Evelyn and I am so excited about being apart of ths group!! I lost about 85 pounds 2 years ago but have gained 65 back:-( I am here for accountability and motivation to loose the weight and get healthy!!!!
  • wlovelife
    Options
    Hello! New to the site but I love it! Thanks for the invite to the group.:smile:
  • laatrinidad
    Options
    Hi Houstonians! I've had the iPhone app for awhile now, but have never been to the MFP site until today and saw this group section. Pretty cool! I started around mid-February at 240lbs and I am not presently down to 215lbs, a 25lb. loss so far. I have another 15lbs. to my target weight goal off 200lbs, but I think I might take it a bit further since I am seeing such positive results. I think I found the secret to weight loss... eating healthy and exercise...lol!:wink:
  • Tx_Julie_Mango
    Tx_Julie_Mango Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Hello Houston (especially the west side)

I actually live in Richmond, TX but if I walk across the street I'm in Houston, y'all know how that goes.
    Anyway, even though I created this account years ago, this is my first time actually using it.
    I'm here to try something different, I lost 70 lbs a few yrs back but recently I'm back on the rise.

I want to win at loosing!
  • enaves1986
    enaves1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Liz and I am new to this site and new to Houston. I just moved here from Massachusetta and I am getting used to everything.
  • sayoder7
    sayoder7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I downloaded MFP for my iPhone a while back but started using it regularly when a co-worker mentioned it earlier this year. So far I'm having good success. I'm an accountant so I sit for long periods of time at my client's offices. I live near the Galleria and regularly hit up the 24 Hour Fitness gyms in the area. Love Body Pump and Zumba. Feel free to add me. I try to be a good friend and motivator.
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello Ya'll :)

I am a Houstonian..but will be moving to good ol' College Station for college :) (go aggies!)
    I'm currently struggling with an eating disorder, so hopefully this group will be encourement to eat more and healthier :)

I love Houstonians.. they can be the kindest people. And it seems like yall are on here!
    If anyone works out at the Memorial Athletic Club, let me know!