Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• PanzaDiaries
    Options
    Hello all! West U area here. I've lost quite a bit but I still have about 20lbs to go. Recently converted to vegan and I'm loving it. Started the c25k a while back and I've run in multiple 5ks and most recently the Warrior Dash (So. Much. Fun.) Furthest distance to date is 11miles but average 6 or so a few times a week. I've been away from MFP for a while but I'm rededicating myself to this journey. Main goals for 2012 are the 20lbs and to compete in a Tri and run a half.

Glad to meet some locals with similar goals :)

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Aprillsmith
    Options
    Hello all. April here and I live in the missouri city area. I joined m.f.p because I realized I had gotten f.a.t. My bio tells the rest. Feel free to add me and thanks to yesthistime for the message. I had no idea there were groups on here! You would think as much as I am on here I would know it all lol. Oh and I workout 6 days a week at 24hr in sugarland if anyone needs a workout buddy. I work at nights so I usually workout in the daytime.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Main goals for 2012 are the 20lbs and to compete in a Tri and run a half.

oooh a tri!! I'm doing a baby sprint tri, MH Sugarland Tri, at the end of June. 300m pool swim (12 lengths of a 25m pool), 10mile bike, and 3mile run. From everything I've read about it and talk to the people that are putting on the race it is perfect for newbies! (Good thing to cause to me a tri is slightly intimidating!!)
  • houstonian
    houstonian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
  • Mer56Muse
    Mer56Muse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pearland in the house!

My goal is to lose 15 lbs and get fit!

Eventually I want to lose 20-25 lbs. 15 is my first goal.
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad to find a Houston group! I don't know what to say about myself....I'm a stay at home/work at home mom going through a mid-life crisis! How's that? hahaha

Glad to be here!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jason and I really owe a lot of credit to myfitnesspal for getting me to lose 20 pounds. I am 45 years old and although I've achieved my weight loss goal, I still use this tool to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. I recently ran the Woodlands Half Marathon about a month ago and I'm probably in the best shape of my life.

My goal now is to run another half marathon this year and to probably do a triathalon by the end of the year. Thanks for the invite.

Jason
  • DreaLynn9
    DreaLynn9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thx for the invite to join. I've been on MFP for a while, but haven't really looked into any of the groups.

I'm a Type 2 Diabetic, so my major goal is to get off my meds & get my BS under control. I've recently joined Weight Watchers, so haven't decided if its for me.

I'm walking 1.5 miles @ work w/a co-worker, she is such a great supporter, as well as others in our office! =)

I'm on Pinterest & finding lots of recipes, recently did a Google Search for "Skinny Recipes" - - found lots of new things to try.

Well, thanks for the request to join!

Drea =)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad you made it :drinker:
  • frknspazz
    frknspazz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Ashley! Been a mfp junkie for a lil while now but just ran across this Houston group! Anybody else on here from Katy!? Anybody feel free to add me!!!
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Ruth. Always nice to see people from Houston on here!

I've had a long history with losing weight (I was a big kid) and was pretty successful with WW until I started being active, then I think it was a mental thing and I stopped losing on WW. That was about 2.5 years ago and I have gained a lot of the weight back. I'm still very active, finished a half marathon a month ago and am training for a sprint triathlon in June (4 days before my 30th birthday). My goal is to lose 50lbs (no that's not a lofty goal...) before my boyfriend and I go on our cruise in October! I'm motivated!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

One thing I absolutely love about Houston is all the green space. Since I started cycling and running I have seen more of Houston than I ever thought was possible. Anybody seen the giant president heads on I45 going into downtown? Sure right, most people have seen those... but have you seen the rest of the all the giant presidents heads?? Found those on a bike ride!

I don't know how I have never seen those statues! Makes me want to take a tour of all the Houston landmarks I know about (or will know about) but I never see. Like the water wall! I know what it looks like and I know where it is, but I don't think I've ever been.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lauren and I joined MFP about a year and a half ago - I've lost about 30 pounds and readjusting goals now that I'm in the ballpark. I live SE and work near the medical center and usually walk, bike, or jog for exercise.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi Houstonians!!

I live in the galleria area and if anyone is a jogger, I'd love to meet up! I started doing c25k last summer and since then I've done 2 5k's and 2 10k's and I'm doing the Green 6.2 in Memorial City on April 28. Feel free to add me!!

^^ where do you typically run? i normally do a 4 mile run at the gym one day a week (use to do more but my knees dont like it so i have to cycle one day a week)

anyways im from the cypress area, here to maintain weight now after needing to gain 5 pounds.
    any support is awesome
    feel free to add :D
  • mslindafranco
    mslindafranco Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Houstonians!! My name is Linda, I have been part of fitness pal for almost a year or so. It has helped tremendously when I stick to it! It has come a long way with all the updates, I recommend it to all friends and family. My bio explains a lot about me but I would love to have support from people like you all who actually use this site. I need more influential people like you all it really helps, best of luck!
  • JennyTank
    JennyTank Posts: 41
    Options
    Im Jennifer. Im 21 Kinda a big dork in a small package. I'm 5ft tall, and my SW is 163.
    I have not weighed myself yet because I know I've been exercising every day and eating under
    1200 calories a day. So I'm not going to be constantly looking at the scale. I'm scared if I look too often and not
    see results I will discourage myself. I have been eating very healthy choices though and I am constantly full. :)
    Dinners usually consist of a very large plate of spinach salad with fresh veggies from my garden and a side of baked fish.
    I'm excited my best friend Mandy showed me this app.
    Feel free to add. I'll take (and give) as much support possible. :)
    And for all you chivers KCCO.
  • maddi8a
    maddi8a Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there, I'm maddi8a; in my 30s, married (no kiddos yet) and employed full time. Several friends of mine around the US, Canada and Europe are all working together to get more fit and/or lose weight. This site helps us keep track of one another's habits and milestones without needing to start new threads in our Facebook group.

I joined this site recently, but I've been consistently watching my diet and working out for about five weeks now. My goal is to get down to my ideal body weight. I work out about 4-5 times a week using my Wii (full body cardio and yoga) and have no plans on joining a gym. My asthma makes it very difficult for me to exercise outside of the house, but my husband and I are regular disc golfers and I really enjoy working in my small garden.

I really like this site. Good to meet all of you.
  • southrider
    southrider Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey H-town!! My name is Sarah and I live in the Clear Lake area. I am a stay at home mom for now to an (almost) two year old son. I have become addicted to mfp!! I have a long ways to go on my weight loss journey but I am confident I can do this!!

Glad to be in a group of Houstonians, we rock!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, welcome to the group :flowerforyou:

I've been at the hospital with my friend since Sunday (emergency C-section for her, cute new godson for me!), so I haven't been on MFP much in the past few days. I miss it! I also miss my bed, my dog, and sleep... but that's neither here nor there LOL.

I can't wait to read your intros more thoroughly and talk more with you all. Let's get fit, neighbors!
  • Kellyevns
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kelly, live in NW Houston and manage a corporate fitness center... happy to have found a good way to manage my weight! :happy:
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hello Houston!

My name is Kristi, I am wrapping up my 20s, mother of two and live in far east Houston metro (east of Baytown in Mont Belvieu) I joined MFP a few years ago and did GREAT, got on the scale a few weeks ago and...OOPS!!! I am looking to loose between 10-15lbs. I am hoping to work on getting lean and fit for my 30th bday in July ;-) I'm a food addict but i'm also addicted to constantly moving and going (with two kids how could I not be!?) but now that my metabolism is slowing down the food addiction is taking its toll =-O