Options

Replies

• cita175
    cita175 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hell YES!
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Ear hair...Yes...and not just out of the middle where you expect it...along the sides and usually a single very long one that appears overnight sticking out from behind the ear. Bushy eyebrows. Got the bifocals 3 weeks ago. Age spots on the skin and getting a haircut and seeing clumps of hair that are much grayer that I remember from the last time...Don't get me started on the remembering thing!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started on the remembering thing!

Because you can't remember what you were going to say about it? :D
  • Rennae9
    Rennae9 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have my progressive lenses on as I type! So great being able to read the fine print! Ironically I got them a week before my 40th B-Day this past year. :laugh:
  • sports4momca
    Options
    my sentiments exactly and it only gets better they tell me
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Thank you all for a laugh and boosting my spirits: at least I'm not the only one going through this.
  • bslim4me
    bslim4me Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is why I joined this group. The truth comes out about what happens after you turn 40. My mother did not tell me about thyroid problems she had at this age. Would have been a good heads up. I am learning to embrace 40 and beyond with happy thoughts. :happy:
  • sasssurf
    sasssurf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How grand!!! Love all the comment. Some are funny. I'm 43 and really liking mfp. Not much changed. Grey, a little, but I use "reincarnate" brown henna shampoo from Lush. It really works. Still jumping around. Mmmmm but my knees do creek a bit. Mmmmmmm....... Carpe Dium everyone. :)
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So can you still be hot in your 40s? Is it too late for me to lose the weight and finally be hot again? That's the thing that's rumbling around my brain right now.

It's never too late.

No one told me that I would become my mother. My children tease me about it all the time :laugh:
  • sports4momca
    Options
    Many people told me that it was not proper to play baseball when I was a mother and then when I was still playing and 40 they said "you still play baseball" I think we need to be more supportive of each other and if someone feels good doing something, even if they are over 40, let them do it and support them. Even if they need bifocals to do it:smile : (of course there are exceptions like things that are not healthy for us)
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That I would be wearing reading glasses and have the volume up so high on the TV that the police will come and tell you to turn it down. :sad:

ha ha ha nice to know I'm not the only one :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Those stray chin hairs that pop up over night !
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So here is my list:

1 - That my short term memory is very short. I can be doing something then forget what I was doing and go to do something else and then before I know it, I have a gazillion projects going at once that all have to be done right then. Bless my husband for putting up with a scatterbrain sometimes.

2 - That I went from no glasses to bifocals in one visit. Really? However, will say that having thyroid removed according to eye doc has a lot to do with that.

3 - That I love my afternoon power nap. LOVE IT! I makes me feel like I can take on the world after that.

4 - That I didn't mind the occasional grey in my hair, well it is kind of a silver. I am just curious as to why it has to come in thicker and standing straight up in the air. Oh, and I did freak the first time there was a grey eyebrow. The hair, yeh, can handle that, but the grey there and down there?? Oh man, yep, that sucks.

5 - The pee thing sucks. (Glad I am not the only one it seems)

6 - What is up with getting so hot at night!!! I feel like I am sweating to death, wake up covered in it. I feel like my hubby has married a sweatmonster.

7 - Sex drive is awesome, and we are more comfortable it seems with each other with our bodies, so we don't worry about anything. Could it also be because there are no kids at home either??

8 - That one of the scariest days is when your twenty something tells that you will be a grandmother maybe? Seriously? It was a maybe that turned out to be a not but they wanted it to be a yes.

9 - That you will miss having all the chaos in your house when all your children leave. Of course, they come back!

10 - That when you go to the doctor, they test you for more things, and always wanna run a test for something. Really, doctor, appreciate it, but getting tired of getting poked.
  • dreamz1968
    dreamz1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI I totally related. I am reading at night with a little led light I attach to my book so I can see better....I wish I new losing weight would be harder too.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a silver, wiry Grandma type hair growing out of my eyebrow! Whenever I see it poking up again I reach for the tweezers pronto - aaahhh! Gray hair is one thing...but brows? Yech. Thanks 40s...
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been going grey since my 20's, so I'm no stranger to a bottle of color. However, years ago I saw a comedy special by Sinbad where he said "If you break it after 40, it stays broke", and whoa, he was RIGHT about that one.

My short term memory is ....what was I saying? Also, I didn't realize I'd own reading glasses in several colors either.
  • Demarie68
    Demarie68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I keep making the font on my Kindle bigger and bigger...
    and who knew that knees start to sag?
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i notice aches and pains that aren't debilitation, but they do make me take notice.

^^^^This

I woke up on my 40th Birthday (remind you at that time i was in the gym every morning for a least a year running) with a strange pain in my knee...went away thru the day. Now every now and then I wake up with aches and pains that have "no" explaination.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i notice aches and pains that aren't debilitation, but they do make me take notice.

^^^^This

I woke up on my 40th Birthday (remind you at that time i was in the gym every morning for a least a year running) with a strange pain in my knee...went away thru the day. Now every now and then I wake up with aches and pains that have "no" explaination.

OH Yeah forgot to mention I have many more nose and ear hairs that I have to pluck daily :(
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    This is just a fun posting about how subtle things in life creep up on you.

For example...I'm going to be welcoming my very first pair of progressive lenses. What are progressive lenses you ask...well it's a nice word for bifocals. I thought my eye sight was a little off lately :laugh:

Speaking as somebody from the optical world, I want to personally thank you for that purchase!! LOL