If this doesn't enrage you, you're not a human being.....

Options
124»

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I will read this tomorrow, but had to throw this out there. How come all the people who are morally outraged at ObamaCare as an infringing on civil liberties...supported the Patriot Act?
    I never supported the Patriot Act (though I couldn't voice it with my elected officials at teh time because I worked for the Senate in a non-partisan office) and I don't support ObamaCare for many reasons, including that it does NOT address costs. Having insurance means crap if the costs of services is rediculous (why is a 15 minute check-up $180 before insurance and $95 after insurance?). So no inconsistency here!
    Nail on the head. Cost is the big issue, how is universal healthcare going to change the fact that an ER charges you $30 for one asprin or $20,000 for an ambulance ride? I know some say that 'cost will come down because everyone will be covered' but that is NOT realistic. I would say a large part of the no-pay population are illegals and homeless or people who will otherwise not ever register for coverage..