1st Date Nerves.

Options

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    well he keeps texting me he's really sorry and that he wants to try tomorrow??

Why trying to have a meaningful conversation via text in the early stages isn't worth the effort. :laugh:

Double booking happens. Both men and women do it.

well we did talk earlier on the phone.. but if he really is puking (IF), then guess it's difficult for him to chat lol.

If there's a hottie I want, I'll talk to her and re-assure her that I want her , even if a salad bar did a number on my stomach.

When I was a sophomore in college, I had a bad incident with some Mexican food. I was vomiting for two days. How romantic!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Move on. There are lots of guys out there. Don't even worry about the explanation or the drama.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Why trying to have a meaningful conversation via text in the early stages isn't worth the effort. :laugh:

well we did talk earlier on the phone.. but if he really is puking (IF), then guess it's difficult for him to chat lol.

If there's a hottie I want, I'll talk to her and re-assure her that I want her , even if a salad bar did a number on my stomach.

When I was a sophomore in college, I had a bad incident with some Mexican food. I was vomiting for two days. How romantic!

Now he's sending me these LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG texts about how he really is sick and how he was the one that contacted me, he's the one that's been chasing me and he's the one that asked me out so how could I think he was faking. (I never said he was faking.. just said it was "odd" because it is)

Yeah. No.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

Now he's sending me these LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG texts about how he really is sick and how he was the one that contacted me, he's the one that's been chasing me and he's the one that asked me out so how could I think he was faking. (I never said he was faking.. just said it was "odd" because it is)

Yeah. No.

Next!
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Next please!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    dang it! he was really cute too!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    ... maybe HIS nerves got to him??

I wouldn't give up on it, but I would be more cautious.
  • will010574
    Options
    But unreliable!
  • shamrck44
    shamrck44 Posts: 91
    Options
    C-ya!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    :(

Possible he lost interest, or was never really interested to begin with. I cancelled last minute on a guy I wasn't really interested in (just wanted to get out of the house, which is the only reason I agreed to begin with) because I realized there was a soccer game on that night that I had wanted to watch. Heh. Told him I got a migraine...

no idea why he'd lose interest in you since you're awesome, but guess it wasn't meant to be?

Side note: I did wind up going on a date with him the next night and he turned out to be really sketchy. Like, creeped me out within a few days after our date. I can fill you in if you REALLY want to know, but not gonna put it here, haha
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    My gut feeling tells me he is bad news.
    Anything can happen and maybe he is just nervous but if that is his reaction to it then will be a problem down the road.

Betting he had a previous offer he made come through at the last minute.
    Play it by ear and be cautious.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    He just called me and talked. It was SO much better over a phone call and he explained himself thoroughly. I appreciated him calling and easing my mind. He says he really wants to meet me and so we will probably go out tomorrow.

I believed him. We talked for about 20 minutes and he said he'd text me later on after he slept some.
  • will010574
    Options
    After all that, I hope it is an absolutely fantastic date!
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    He just called me and talked. It was SO much better over a phone call and he explained himself thoroughly. I appreciated him calling and easing my mind. He says he really wants to meet me and so we will probably go out tomorrow.

I believed him. We talked for about 20 minutes and he said he'd text me later on after he slept some.

See what I said about texting? Too much of a chance for miscommunication. Maybe something was different than initially assumed.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    That is a LOT of drama before the date even happens, yikes!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Yes, and I told him... he totally took my "it seems odd" text out of context and I definately couldn't grasp the tone he was writing me in. For all I know he was out having a jolly good time texting poor me at home saying he's sick to his stomach.

Glad he called. I told him he just saved himself by calling beause I was about to blow him off.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    That is a LOT of drama before the date even happens, yikes!

He's a fighting irish man and I'm a hot blooded latina. I warned him about this....
  • will010574
    Options
    Mmmm hot blooded Latinas.... I have a weakness for hot blooded Latinas....for some reason you girls make me lose any sense of good judgement, I love it!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I think the guy is sick.. There are certain symptoms one can have that you just don't risk on a date. . .And the intensity with which he's fighting to keep you is also encouraging. . Why blow you off just to fight for you?

It's possible he double-booked and isn't sick at all, and while double booking isn't the worst offense, making up some bs lie about being sick is!

Sooo. . I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. .What's the worst that can happen?

On the bright side, now you probably won't be so nervous!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think the guy is sick.. There are certain symptoms one can have that you just don't risk on a date. . .And the intensity with which he's fighting to keep you is also encouraging. . Why blow you off just to fight for you?

It's possible he double-booked and isn't sick at all, and while double booking isn't the worst offense, making up some bs lie about being sick is!

Sooo. . I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. .What's the worst that can happen?

On the bright side, now you probably won't be so nervous!

^^^ this!! Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear if there were sparks :heart: