I did it!!

Options
msiamjan
msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
I ran my first 5K. I would never ever have believed it. C25K is a miracle for me. My finish time was 30 minutes 34 seconds. Don't know if that's good or what, but I DID IT! And, my local hospice, that took great care of my Mom in her final days, benefitted too. :happy:

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! That's a great time for a 1st 5k, from what I understand. How fabulous for you!
  • msiamjan
    Options
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm trying to find one to run soon. Just having a hard time finding one that benefits a charity that intrigues me.
  • msiamjan
    Options
    There are loads of them out there. I am so astounded that I actually did it. I was running at the back of the pack, but slow and steady and finished no problem. It's kinda cool to have done it.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic! you must be feeling so strong and powerful now. Huge congrats and here's to many more!

How was it?
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Way to go!! You rock!
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's a great time and a really good reason to be out there too.
  • Julialee123
    Options
    That is awesome!!! :) Great job!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And it helped the hospice - double WIN! :heart:
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself:flowerforyou:
  • msiamjan
    Options
    Thanks. It was reasonably fun, kinda exciting and I felt fine after.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack your post, but I completed my first 5K this morning. Time was 33.19 - not bad for an old fart like me (48) who never thought she could run! I thought I was gonna die at one point, but ran the whole way. There were lots of people walking, many of whom made it in before me, lol.

It was a wonderful experience - as I waited to start, I was actually fighting back tears, as I NEVER thought I'd be doing something like this. :happy:
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    You guys rock! WTG!:drinker:
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring to me. My first 5k is in 5 weeks on Mother's Day for Y-Me. While I don't have anyone close to me who has died from breast cancer, it was an opportunity for me to raise money for a great charity and also set a goal for myself which would push me more than anything else has pushed me before. It is getting me out of my comfort zone. :)
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! I just did week 2 day 2 and I"m thinking about settting up a 5k in Aug / Sept sometime. Thank you for the inspiration, I hope I can do as great as you did!
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, Day 1. I cannot see myself running a 5k at this point but I sure hope I can. There are so many good stories on here. I hope I can hang in and do this!