Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I did it!!

msiamjan
msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
I ran my first 5K. I would never ever have believed it. C25K is a miracle for me. My finish time was 30 minutes 34 seconds. Don't know if that's good or what, but I DID IT! And, my local hospice, that took great care of my Mom in her final days, benefitted too. :happy:

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Awesome job! That's a great time for a 1st 5k, from what I understand. How fabulous for you!
  • msiamjan
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Way to go! I'm trying to find one to run soon. Just having a hard time finding one that benefits a charity that intrigues me.
  • msiamjan
    There are loads of them out there. I am so astounded that I actually did it. I was running at the back of the pack, but slow and steady and finished no problem. It's kinda cool to have done it.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    That is absolutely fantastic! you must be feeling so strong and powerful now. Huge congrats and here's to many more!

How was it?
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Way to go!! You rock!
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 139 Member
    Well done, that's a great time and a really good reason to be out there too.
  • That is awesome!!! :) Great job!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Awesome job! And it helped the hospice - double WIN! :heart:
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 262 Member
    That is awesome! Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself:flowerforyou:
  • msiamjan
    Thanks. It was reasonably fun, kinda exciting and I felt fine after.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Not to hijack your post, but I completed my first 5K this morning. Time was 33.19 - not bad for an old fart like me (48) who never thought she could run! I thought I was gonna die at one point, but ran the whole way. There were lots of people walking, many of whom made it in before me, lol.

It was a wonderful experience - as I waited to start, I was actually fighting back tears, as I NEVER thought I'd be doing something like this. :happy:
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    You guys rock! WTG!:drinker:
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    This is very inspiring to me. My first 5k is in 5 weeks on Mother's Day for Y-Me. While I don't have anyone close to me who has died from breast cancer, it was an opportunity for me to raise money for a great charity and also set a goal for myself which would push me more than anything else has pushed me before. It is getting me out of my comfort zone. :)
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    GREAT JOB!!! I just did week 2 day 2 and I"m thinking about settting up a 5k in Aug / Sept sometime. Thank you for the inspiration, I hope I can do as great as you did!
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 106 Member
    I just started yesterday, Day 1. I cannot see myself running a 5k at this point but I sure hope I can. There are so many good stories on here. I hope I can hang in and do this!