Starting clean eating!!!

Options
kazzamcamille
kazzamcamille Posts: 117 Member
Hi I am getting ready to start clean eating :)) How have all of you benefited from clean eating? How much weight have you lost? Do you still count calories? I was on 1200 cals a day and was starving and eating crap just to meet my calorie goal... I upped my calories but I have decided I don't want to count calories every day of my life so I'm trying the clean eating approach :D Do you eat veggies and fruit whenever you want?

Thank youuu :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cleaneaterinheels
    Options
    If you can I suggest going out and buying Tosca Reno's Eat Clean books! It will break it all down for you!!! No more counting calories, it's eating clean foods 5 to 6 times a day. "Just the Rules" is Tosca's cheapest book with the most information!
  • CarliFries
    Options
    I'm new to this too - "clean eating" doesn't mean vegetarian or vegan does it? Also, I really struggle with finding vegetables that I like, and finding the desire to eat them. Any good recipes or ideas for the following veggies that I DO like? I want to make them more delicious but still healthy, if that is even possible haha:
    artichokes
    corn
    green beans
    zucchini
    banana squash
    spaghetti squash
    carrots
    peas
    peppers (not the spicy kind, i like the sweeter kind but want to like them more haha)

I have some vegetables that I don't love but that I want to love so bad! Any good ideas for these?:
    Asparagus
    Tomatoes
    Crookneck (sp?) squash
    Coliflour (sp?)
    peppers

any other veggies that are yummy that i've missed?

thanks!
    Carli
  • kazzamcamille
    Options
    If you can I suggest going out and buying Tosca Reno's Eat Clean books! It will break it all down for you!!! No more counting calories, it's eating clean foods 5 to 6 times a day. "Just the Rules" is Tosca's cheapest book with the most information!

Thanks! I'll deff check this book out!
  • kazzamcamille
    Options
    I'm new to this too - "clean eating" doesn't mean vegetarian or vegan does it? Also, I really struggle with finding vegetables that I like, and finding the desire to eat them. Any good recipes or ideas for the following veggies that I DO like? I want to make them more delicious but still healthy, if that is even possible haha:
    artichokes
    corn
    green beans
    zucchini
    banana squash
    spaghetti squash
    carrots
    peas
    peppers (not the spicy kind, i like the sweeter kind but want to like them more haha)

I have some vegetables that I don't love but that I want to love so bad! Any good ideas for these?:
    Asparagus
    Tomatoes
    Crookneck (sp?) squash
    Coliflour (sp?)
    peppers

any other veggies that are yummy that i've missed?

thanks!
    Carli

I'm new also and I don't think you have to be vegan.. I'm going to eat egg whites and grilled chicken... I mean I love fruits and veggies so hopefully I dont have to count those haha :p

I love all the vegetables you posted except asparagus. lol

Umm... some veggies I normally eat are :

Peppers
    Tomatoes
    squash
    zucchini (sp)
    carrots
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    green beans
    corn
    lettuce
    celery
    cucumbers
    onions

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • starmommy72
    Options
    The Tosca Reno books are great! I have been Eating Clean for 2.5 weeks and I am down 8 pounds. I have so much more energy!
  • kazzamcamille
    Options
    Just ordered my eat clean book!
  • drea0703
    drea0703 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I try to eat the clean the majority of the time. Once you got into it, it definitely gets easier. Sure, it needs a bit of planning ahead, but I also feel that I save money.
    And it is really exciting to try new things and have that "oh, I just made that from scratch" feeling while cooking.

Good luck on your journey, it will be worth it!
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yea for y'all! i am on my third and longest run eating clean. i had a kitchen remodel get in the way the first time, then an illness... but this time i've actually had a chance to give it a pretty long run and it is truly becoming a lifestyle. i have lost 28 pounds total, starting back two years ago... most of it this last several months though (my longest and third run at it). i did not count calories until i got down to about the 7 pounds to go mark. it started getting hard to lose those last few pounds. i am now at about 3 or 4 to go. but if you eat truly clean, and measure your portions like tosca tells you to, you really don't have to count calories to maintain a healthy weight. my skin and hair have definitely improved and i just feel better physically when i eat clean, and definitely know when i've loaded up on junk. i get sick at my stomach for a couple of days. check out the eatcleandiet.com website, and there are other sources out there besides tosca reno, i'm sure, but she is so easy to relate to for women i think. and--she motivates you to work out as well. so good luck!! report in as it goes to let us know what you think.

p.s.--you will get so used to eating clean and just expect others to understand it... but remember, they don't! i have given away one book already and feel like i need to buy a reserve to give to my friends and co workers when they look at me like i'm crazy.
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat clean about 90% of the time. What isn't clean is minimally processed and organic. I don't have any clean eating MFP friends though so please add me if you like.