Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting clean eating!!!

kazzamcamille
kazzamcamille Posts: 117 Member
Hi I am getting ready to start clean eating :)) How have all of you benefited from clean eating? How much weight have you lost? Do you still count calories? I was on 1200 cals a day and was starving and eating crap just to meet my calorie goal... I upped my calories but I have decided I don't want to count calories every day of my life so I'm trying the clean eating approach :D Do you eat veggies and fruit whenever you want?

Thank youuu :flowerforyou:

Replies

• If you can I suggest going out and buying Tosca Reno's Eat Clean books! It will break it all down for you!!! No more counting calories, it's eating clean foods 5 to 6 times a day. "Just the Rules" is Tosca's cheapest book with the most information!
  • I'm new to this too - "clean eating" doesn't mean vegetarian or vegan does it? Also, I really struggle with finding vegetables that I like, and finding the desire to eat them. Any good recipes or ideas for the following veggies that I DO like? I want to make them more delicious but still healthy, if that is even possible haha:
    artichokes
    corn
    green beans
    zucchini
    banana squash
    spaghetti squash
    carrots
    peas
    peppers (not the spicy kind, i like the sweeter kind but want to like them more haha)

I have some vegetables that I don't love but that I want to love so bad! Any good ideas for these?:
    Asparagus
    Tomatoes
    Crookneck (sp?) squash
    Coliflour (sp?)
    peppers

any other veggies that are yummy that i've missed?

thanks!
    Carli
  • kazzamcamille
    If you can I suggest going out and buying Tosca Reno's Eat Clean books! It will break it all down for you!!! No more counting calories, it's eating clean foods 5 to 6 times a day. "Just the Rules" is Tosca's cheapest book with the most information!

Thanks! I'll deff check this book out!
  • kazzamcamille
    I'm new to this too - "clean eating" doesn't mean vegetarian or vegan does it? Also, I really struggle with finding vegetables that I like, and finding the desire to eat them. Any good recipes or ideas for the following veggies that I DO like? I want to make them more delicious but still healthy, if that is even possible haha:
    artichokes
    corn
    green beans
    zucchini
    banana squash
    spaghetti squash
    carrots
    peas
    peppers (not the spicy kind, i like the sweeter kind but want to like them more haha)

I have some vegetables that I don't love but that I want to love so bad! Any good ideas for these?:
    Asparagus
    Tomatoes
    Crookneck (sp?) squash
    Coliflour (sp?)
    peppers

any other veggies that are yummy that i've missed?

thanks!
    Carli

I'm new also and I don't think you have to be vegan.. I'm going to eat egg whites and grilled chicken... I mean I love fruits and veggies so hopefully I dont have to count those haha :p

I love all the vegetables you posted except asparagus. lol

Umm... some veggies I normally eat are :

Peppers
    Tomatoes
    squash
    zucchini (sp)
    carrots
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    green beans
    corn
    lettuce
    celery
    cucumbers
    onions

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • The Tosca Reno books are great! I have been Eating Clean for 2.5 weeks and I am down 8 pounds. I have so much more energy!
  • kazzamcamille
    Just ordered my eat clean book!
  • drea0703
    drea0703 Posts: 83 Member
    I try to eat the clean the majority of the time. Once you got into it, it definitely gets easier. Sure, it needs a bit of planning ahead, but I also feel that I save money.
    And it is really exciting to try new things and have that "oh, I just made that from scratch" feeling while cooking.

Good luck on your journey, it will be worth it!
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    yea for y'all! i am on my third and longest run eating clean. i had a kitchen remodel get in the way the first time, then an illness... but this time i've actually had a chance to give it a pretty long run and it is truly becoming a lifestyle. i have lost 28 pounds total, starting back two years ago... most of it this last several months though (my longest and third run at it). i did not count calories until i got down to about the 7 pounds to go mark. it started getting hard to lose those last few pounds. i am now at about 3 or 4 to go. but if you eat truly clean, and measure your portions like tosca tells you to, you really don't have to count calories to maintain a healthy weight. my skin and hair have definitely improved and i just feel better physically when i eat clean, and definitely know when i've loaded up on junk. i get sick at my stomach for a couple of days. check out the eatcleandiet.com website, and there are other sources out there besides tosca reno, i'm sure, but she is so easy to relate to for women i think. and--she motivates you to work out as well. so good luck!! report in as it goes to let us know what you think.

p.s.--you will get so used to eating clean and just expect others to understand it... but remember, they don't! i have given away one book already and feel like i need to buy a reserve to give to my friends and co workers when they look at me like i'm crazy.
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    I eat clean about 90% of the time. What isn't clean is minimally processed and organic. I don't have any clean eating MFP friends though so please add me if you like.