Anyone starting on the 9th of April?

Options

Replies

• Missy5792
    Missy5792 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today and doing the kickstart. Had the eggs and lox already and making the soup and chicken for lunch. I'm doing both workouts back-to-back tonight due to scheduling conflicts! Excited to start and excited to hear everyone's thoughts and progress!
  • jennevis
    jennevis Posts: 7
    Options
    I started today!! I have everything I need for the kick start and prepared all my meals for the day. I completed workout 1 this morning and will do the cardio 1 tonight!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'm envious! I wanna play too but mine won't be here till the end of the week!:cry::cry:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Great to have so many people joining in! I am excited! :smile:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I'm envious! I wanna play too but mine won't be here till the end of the week!:cry::cry:

I know how you feel! The waiting bit is the worst part. I had to wait for ages. I am in London/England and they don't ship here. So I had to order it to a friend of mine who lives in the US and he then sent it over to the UK. IT felt like forever :wink:

Join in next Monday!
  • teach2121
    teach2121 Posts: 17
    Options
    I loved workout 1. JM did not disappoint!! I used my hrm to calculate my calories and I started from the beginning of the dvd so it calculated 224 calories in 32 minutes which isn't too shabby :) on also following the kickstart meal plan..I had the eggs with Canadian Bacon and tomato...I didn't have the avacado bc I don't like it. I'm going to do the cardiovascular later today after I get back from shopping :) have any of you ever blogged? I was thinking of trying it out to help stay on track.thoughts?? Hope you all loved your first workout!!
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. I plan to double up the workouts tonight, I just refuse to get up any earlier than 4:20am to work out in the morning. I will be alternating the cardio videos with C25K, as I am about 2/3 through that and intend to run a 5K this year. I have decided not to follow the meal plan, but rather try to eat cleaner and incorporate some of her meals.
  • brittfred89
    Options
    I actually just started to do mine!! I did the first one and it seems like its going to work out extremely well! I cant wait to see the results for myself as well as everyone else results at the end of the 90 days!!!!
  • thetoolqueen
    Options
    Workout 1 complete! I got up at 4:54 and still barely made it to work on time. Might rethink morning workout after kickstart. Did tomatoes and Canadian bacon and eggs this morning. Chef salad for lunch. Lots of water. Not hungry but definitely want something sweet. Sugar withdrawal stinks.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I loved workout 1. JM did not disappoint!! I used my hrm to calculate my calories and I started from the beginning of the dvd so it calculated 224 calories in 32 minutes which isn't too shabby :) on also following the kickstart meal plan..I had the eggs with Canadian Bacon and tomato...I didn't have the avacado bc I don't like it. I'm going to do the cardiovascular later today after I get back from shopping :) have any of you ever blogged? I was thinking of trying it out to help stay on track.thoughts?? Hope you all loved your first workout!!

I was quite surprised by the calorie burn. I burned 253 and I am really pleased with that. I imagine the cardio will be even higher.
    I once long ago started a blog but didn't keep it up. I am reading a ladies blog who also happens to be on here and she is blogging about her Body Revolution journey. I love reading it but I think it is not for me. I like having a thread like this here to check in and get feedback etc. Who knows it might work for you. Let us know if you should start one so we can follow you :smile:
  • StellaGurl
    Options
    I started this morning also! Did the first workout... not too bad. Planks are always my challenge. I'm doing the kickstart week also so I made scrambled eggs (not a fan of lox) so I had 2 canadian bacon slices instead. I made the soup and chicken for lunch. Since it makes so much that will probably be what I will have for a couple days now. I put the chicken in my soup and it was pretty good. I just had my snack, celcery and almond butter ... not my fav but not that bad IT'S ONLY 7 DAYS lol. I can honestly say I'm hungry but it's mind over matter since this is usually my splurge hour :sad: I'll do cardio tonight and follow it with the turkey burger. Almost made it through day 1 woo hoo!!!
  • thetoolqueen
    Options
    Turkey burger was the most filling thing I ate all day! Carrots were great after I let them cool down enough. Not 100% compliant today, but I was working on a second floor bathroom demolition and going up and down stairs and made about 100 trips in all. And hauled a bunch of deb I'm counting that as cardio today

Rating today:
    AM
  • thetoolqueen
    Options
    Oops... Hauled DEBRIS up a hill outside for like 40 trips -- so no cardio tonight because my back and hamstrings are killing me.

Todays grades:
    AM workout: A
    Meal plan: C+
    Water: 32 oz., B
    Cardio: Creative

Alarm set for 4:40 am. Good night!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day2- Workout 2 done! I found this one harder than workout 1 for some reason but I still liked it. I can really feel my muscles working. I can imagine how this program can change your body! Later I will do Cardio 1 for the first time. I will be glad when the kickstart week is over though too be honest. I know 30 min twice a day is not long but I just find it a bit annoying to get up twice a day :smile:

The workouts are go by quickly though and I thought earlier once I was done that there really is no excuse not to do them daily as they are only 30 mins!

Glad to see everyone had a good start!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm done with WO 2 this morning also! I didn't burn as many calories as I did on WO 1...but I did notice a higher % of fat burn with WO 2 on the HRM. Did anyone else experience a similar thing?
    Gonna do my best to get cardio in today. I have many functions this evening..so it may be me putting on some walking shoes for 30 minutes instead of suiting up for DVD. Either way...Day 2 is on!!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I'm done with WO 2 this morning also! I didn't burn as many calories as I did on WO 1...but I did notice a higher % of fat burn with WO 2 on the HRM. Did anyone else experience a similar thing?
    Gonna do my best to get cardio in today. I have many functions this evening..so it may be me putting on some walking shoes for 30 minutes instead of suiting up for DVD. Either way...Day 2 is on!!

I burned 30 calories more in W2 than in W1...Didn't surprise me though as I found it harder than W1 :smile:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Workout 2 of Day 2 done! My first time with Cardio 1. I am not sure yet what to make of it. I am not that keen on cardio and much prefer weights. It went by quick though and that is always a bonus :smile:

I had to stop a few times as I am still feeling weak and I had soup a little to close to working out so felt a bit sick in places. Overall I can definitely live with it.
  • teach2121
    teach2121 Posts: 17
    Options
    Workout 2 and cardio 1 is done! I liked these workouts as well. U noticed some muscle soreness in my upper body from yesterday but I guess that's a good thing. I may try and do cardio 1 again later...I couldn't do cardio 1 last night because our power didn't go back on until late...a tree was down on our road. So I also just ate some leftover ham for dinner because I couldn't make anything new. So yesterday I ate the right kickstart breakfast and them just the ham ...I was out shopping all day so I didn't eat as much as I should have. But, I'm prepared for the rest of the week I just have to run out and get some zucchini so I can make the veggie soup. Hope everyone's doing great.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I burned 30 calories more in W2 than in W1...Didn't surprise me though as I found it harder than W1 :smile:

Wow...for me it was a 55 calorie difference in that I burned more in WO 1. Thought I was bringing it this morning! Will have to dig deep and grind more next time! :-).....It did say it was like in the 30%something fat loss zone...and I LIKED that!!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    WO 1 & WO 2 are done. I plan to go out and run 3 miles after work to get some cardio in:). I am really liking it. I need to get some 10 lb weights. I can tell 8s are only going to cut it so long.

I burned about the same with 1 & 2... about 12 more calories with 2. I was not suprised as WO 2 is about 5 minutes longer. Hopefully my calories burned will go up next time since I will have a better idea what I am doing:).