Anyone starting on the 9th of April?

Options

Replies

• jennevis
    jennevis Posts: 7
    Options
    I am on day 2!

I must say that I am happy with the meal plan for the 7 day kick start. I have felt completed satisifed. Baseball nights are tough because at my son's game I usually snack. I admit that last night I did have one handful of sunflower seeds then after ate a very small steak salad from our local mexican stop because I didn't have time to fix the steak on plan. I still stayed under my calorie range and did the extra cardio workout.

This morning I did workout 1 again because I didn't pay attention that today was supposed to be workout 2. Tomorrow is an all cardio so the following day I will have to do workout 2.

I can't wait to see my progress at the end of the week. I hope to see some loss but just feel good knowing that I am on the right track!!
  • StellaGurl
    Options
    Done with both workouts today so day 2 is almost complete YAY!!!! Keep going guys.. this is actually a lot harder than I anticipated but I will feel good on Sunday morning knowing I did it :smile:
  • Missy5792
    Missy5792 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Workout 2 completed! Cardio was skipped for the day :( but I did do it yesterday. I thought the first 2 workouts, plus the cardio wasn't too bad. I'm a little worried about the future though! Lol, knowing Jillian it's gonna get a lot harder! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • thetoolqueen
    Options
    Ok, so some of you are doing better than I am, but the fact that my upper body is sore lets me know my muscles are responding. Alarm went off at 4:45 and I just couldn't get out of bed -- stiffness. I wanted to, but my joints aren't the best after a long, physical workday and sometimes take days to recover (I picked the worst week to start this). So WO2 was an afternoon workout. It seemed easier to me than WO 1, EXCEPT THE SUPERMANS. I laughed out loud when Jillian offered up ways to make it harder. Uh, yeah, no.

More satisfied with food today. Not so cravey. :wink:

Zumba tomorrow pm, so just cardio tomorrow am.

Today's rating:
    Workout 2: B
    Water: C
    Food : B

Anyone have trouble with the resistance bands? They seem flimsy to me.
  • kylexii
    kylexii Posts: 47
    Options
    I started yesterday! So today was day 2, meaning workout 2 as you all know. I feel like it wasn't as challenging as I expected it to be... same with workout 1. I'm looking forward to week 3 so I can try the next level up on the workouts (:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Ok, so some of you are doing better than I am, but the fact that my upper body is sore lets me know my muscles are responding. Alarm went off at 4:45 and I just couldn't get out of bed -- stiffness. I wanted to, but my joints aren't the best after a long, physical workday and sometimes take days to recover (I picked the worst week to start this). So WO2 was an afternoon workout. It seemed easier to me than WO 1, EXCEPT THE SUPERMANS. I laughed out loud when Jillian offered up ways to make it harder. Uh, yeah, no.

Today's rating:

I didn't use the band that came with the pack as it does seem very flimsy. I used my own one but still wasn't too keen on the move as the band seemed stretched so much that I was scared it will break and smack me in the face :wink:
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I did Day 2 and a 30 minute run yesterday. I am sore today:). I switched my rest days to Wednesday (I need 1 work day to sleep in), I am ready to give my muscles a rest before jumping back in tomorrow.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Today's rating:

I also use my own band. I felt the one included was too weak. I wanted more resistance.
  • jennevis
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me! The kickstart food plan has been great, easy to follow and has kept me satisfied. The workout for today is all Cardio 1 AM/PM but I did not do the AM workout so on my lunch hour I will walk for 40 minutes and do the DVD when I get home.

I have to travel for work next week so it may be a challenge but I am bringing along a DVD player and my weights! ;-)
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me! The kickstart food plan has been great, easy to follow and has kept me satisfied. The workout for today is all Cardio 1 AM/PM but I did not do the AM workout so on my lunch hour I will walk for 40 minutes and do the DVD when I get home.

I have to travel for work next week so it may be a challenge but I am bringing along a DVD player and my weights! ;-)

I like this plan! I don't think I could do the cardio 2xs in a day! Found out yesterday I have a bad case of plantar fasciitis ...but working through it!
  • teach2121
    teach2121 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope everyone is feeling great. I'm on day 3 and just finished my morning cardio 1...I was gonna try and so them at once to get it over with but I felt like I was gonna pass out so I thought I better eat and hydrate and do it later. My legs were a little sore and tight so I made sure I stretched them extra good. How is everyone doing??? I decided to do my weigh ins on Sundays..I'm a little nervous because my monthly "friend" should be arriving tomorrow and I know that I usually gain 3-4 pounds during that time...so we will see.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi all

Day 3 done! I have done the cardio only once. I just didn't do it when I had the time and then the motivation left me. I guess doing it once a day is still good. I liked much better today than I did yesterday! I almost managed to do the whole thing without stopping. I was especially proud to get through the running man. I find them so hard. I am reading a blog of a lady doing BR too and she gave the tip to count down while you do the exercises. That really helped me as you have something to focus on rather than just waiting for the minute to past!

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi all

I am hoping someone can help me. Does anyone of you know what make the workout pants that Natalie is wearing in Cardio 1 are? I really like them. She is the tall one that 'gets dancy with the speedbags'. They are blue and have pink and white details on them . Maybe someone knows?

Thank you!

Daisy
  • jennevis
    Options
    Oh! I like the idea of counting down. I am going to try that tonight!
  • thetoolqueen
    Options
    Day 3 is done! I got up to do cardio at 4:40 this morning, but discovered a leak in my balcony coming through my kitchen ceiling and walls! So I got Cardio -- on a ladder, putting up plastic in the pouring rain -- in Southern California. But no worries -- Wednesday is a Zumba day for me anyway, so I get 60 full-on minutes either way.

Looking forward to tomorrow -- it will be steak day for me -- and to see if I'm any stronger on the upper body moves. Still a tiny bit sore from Day 1.

Good job everyone. Can't wait to see your first week results.

Today's grade:
    Water: A
    Cardio: A
    Food: B
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi ladies

Day 3 done! I got up and did the workout before work. I am really proud I did it as I am not a morning person at all. I mean it is not even that early compared to others but I was happy I did it. It felt great to go for a shower knowing that you're done for the day. I planned on doing cardio in the evening but I was so knackered after work and wasn't back here till 7.30pm. I am working in clothes boutique and was on my feet all day so I suppose it is ok.

Looking forward to Workout 2 again tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great day!
  • jennevis
    Options
    Day 4 for me today! I did Workout 2 early this morning and I am hoping that I have enough energy to complete cardio tonight. I have been on point with the meal plan. I have had to eat out a couple times but had no carb, protein and stayed under 4 calories! I am eager to see what Sunday brings to the scale!

I am definitely ready to switch up the meal plan though... I am tired of eating the same things. ;-)
  • teach2121
    teach2121 Posts: 17
    Options
    It's day 4 for me also and I totally agree with you on being ready to switch up the food!!! I'm soooo bored with it already but I must say I feel great. I went back to work today so I had to do my workouts back to back and I must say when I do the cardio after a workout I seem to have more energy than when I just do the cardio..I don't get it. I'm definitely sore but in a good way and can't wait to see.what Sunday"s weigh in is going to be (I'm a little nervous bc my monthly "friend" arrived today so I hope that doesn't throw everything off bc I normally gain water weight. Are you doing.measurements too or just a weigh in?? I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I am a little over a week into the program. I am not looking for a lot of weight loss, just mainly toning up. I am starting to find the moves getting easier and easier. I used to burn close to 200cal at the beginning, but now I am only burning around 150ish. I am doing all the advanced moves now with the added weights and during the cardio I don't take breaks in between, I keep doing the moves until she finishes talking and then I do the next move once they start. :)) I am thinking of starting Disc 3/4 next week to shake things up. :))
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi all

Done 5 done! I didn't do the 2nd workout again. I am just far to knackered after work and my feet hurt so badly I could barely walk.
    I am sure my results for the kickstart week would be better if I would do the workouts but nevermind. I have stuck to the meal plan and that has to be good enough for now. I am too a bit tired of it now and I am looking forward to having a choice again.

I might weigh in on Sunday too. Usually I weigh in Wednesday but I might have a sneaky peep :smile:
    I always do weight and measurements as I find the measurements always seem to go down a bit even if the scale hasn't moved much!

I hope you all have a great day!

Daisy