Week 2 - CHALLENGERS

Options
124»

Replies

• cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey all! It's almost the end of the week. Anybody have a plan for getting through weekends? I'm not too worried about this weekend since it's still Passover and most of the foods I indulge in are not kosher, but I will be treating myself to a big bagel and lox on Sunday when Passover is over. :)

I'm also going out to happy hour with coworkers tonight, but planning on just having diet coke, and ordering a salad if I get hungry. No beers or fried food!

I normally hit yoga class on Friday night but I have to work late, so today will be my "rest" day (will still do the challenge exercises) and I'll do zumba tomorrow and run on Sunday.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thursday-

Exercise Challenges - Done
    Water- 20 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yup
    Walking Challenge: 8 = 16/130 = 114 remaining
    Calories Burned: 1415 = 5304/32500 = 27196 remaining
    Exercise Minutes : 210 = 778/1950 = 1172 remaining

Hit the gym twice thursday. I did my normal 30 minutes circuit and 30 minute treadmill. Then went back for an additional cardio workout in the evening. Rode a bike during half of American Idol and walked the treadmill during Greys Anatomy. It was a butt kicker lol. Im really hoping to see a loss on the scale in the morning *crossing fingers* I always get nervous about weigh in because i work hard and like to see results.

I know that since starting the 30 minute circuit at the gym last week I have been able to increase my weights on all the machines and its gotten a lot easier. I am noticing a change in my flexibility and stamina. Looking in the mirror Im pretty sure my face, neck, and chest have slimmed down. I dont see a double chin. Yay!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Hey to my friend, quietlywinning..... I'm sorry you had such a draining day. Glad that today is another chance to do it again! I know how tough it is starting over in your biz... I'm praying for you my friend, for your business too, and hope you have a FANTASTIC day today!

Thank you, Teresa! I really appreciate it! When I get busy enough to set some money aside, I AM going to plan a weekend to meet you someplace halfway between here and there. Massage trades sound WONDERFUL! I am used to hauling my table around - I'll have it with me!

Two of my clients yesterday turned into hour massages instead of half hours. That was GOOD! It was my biggest day since I moved, and I had a lot of very encouraging comments from staff, residents AND "outsiders". That helps!

Funny thing - my newest Alzheimers client momentarily recognized me yesterday. I walked in and she lit up and said, "You're the massage lady!" A few minutes later (as I was setting up) she asked, "Have I ever seen you before?" lol...but as soon as I touched her, she said, "I love when you do this." and closed her eyes and smiled. It was a good day. And now I will record it for the team. ;)
  • quietlywinning
    Options
    Thursday of Week 2

Exercise Challenges - no - lots of work today
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: none today :( gotta catch up......
    Burned calories - 294 = 3686/32500 I am no longer ahead!
    Minutes exercised today - 45

Friday of Week 2

Exercise - yes and caught up for Weds/Thurs
    Water - 8 so far but still counting - I do my heaviest drinking in the evenings lol
    Under calories goal - to be announced but I will stay under ;)
    Burned calories - 523 so far, will update if we go for another walk - depends on if storms really come
    Minutes - 125 (so far)
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello, All!

I spent the day in airports yesterday so I didn't get my exercises or walking in. BOY, did I make up for it today! I walked 6.7 miles pushing a baby stroller around Chicago with my DIL and new grand baby & 3 year old GD. It was fun, but wild.

I DID not stay under my calories yesterday because I had a glass of wine AND red swedish fish...so just over.

Girlfriends are flying in shortly and hosting a Shower & Tea for my future DIL...it will be fun, but I have to be honest and know that I am going to indulge in a mimosa and likely a glass of wine or 2 over the weekend. I am allowing myself this treat weekend AS LONG AS I WALK more than my usual 2-3 miles a day. Then...BACK ON THE WAGON!

I am so proud of everyone's progress.

BTW: I am fine with whatever the majority of you want to do about "make-ups". Personally, I need to get them done by Sunday night each week or it is too easy to get in bad habits. So far, I have been able to fit them in, even if it is late at night. They don't take very long. Being sick, would make that difficult though for someone.

Let's do well this weekend!
    :drinker: Kackie
  • quietlywinning
    Options
    Too late to edit my post, and have to add water and another little walk, so here it is

Week Two, Friday

Exercise - yes and caught up for Weds/Thurs
    Water - 12
    Under calories goal - yes
    Burned calories - 598 = 4284/32500
    Minutes - 155 (so far)

I need to walk 3.75 miles tomorrow to be on track with the walking challenge....and it's supposed to be stormy. I guess i'll have to dust off that walking dvd! Or maybe I'll get lucky and the storms will go around us.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Friday:
    Exercise Challenges -Yes!
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yes!
    Walking Challenge: 4
    Burned 501calories: 6113/32500
    Minutes 60: 911/1950

I was tired last night so didn't log in but there are my stats for yesterday. So far today I did a walk/run on the treadmill for 81 min and burned 608 calories and did 5.25 miles toward the walking challenge.

Now I have to do the exercise challenge! Have a great Saturday everyone!

Kelly - good luck with your 5K today - let us know how you did!
    Dorie
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have been terrible about posting this week. I had one bad day earlier in the week but dusted myself off and actually had a really good week. I even lost a pound which makes 2 pounds in two weeks pretty good format me. I hope everyone has an awesome weigh in day too
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Friday

Exercise Challenges - Catching up on Saturday
    Water- 20 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yup
    Walking Challenge: 1 = 17/130 = 113 remaining
    Calories Burned: 600 = 5904/32500 = 26596 remaining
    Exercise Minutes : 170 = 948/1950 = 1002 remaining

So...weigh in was this morning and im excited to say I lost 4.5lbs this week!!!! I was totally shocked to see that number on the scale. I was at this weight of 195.5 a couple months ago but put 8lbs back on. So far during this challenge I have lost those pounds and I get to start losing new pounds. SO EXCITED! I am at the weight I was when my husband and I started dating and I cant wait to get another 5lbs down and be like...Boo Yah! Sexy Mama!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Im looking day #5 and #6 challenge exercises...I am totally gonna be sore when I get done with these!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    OK Ladies!!! For those of you who haven't done so yet - dont forget to post your weight on the google doc spreadsheet - there is a tab (at the bottom of the page) for weigh-ins.

Also, your week #3 exercise challenges are posted on the blog now. I will start a new thread tomorrow morning for the new week. Week #3 HERE WE COME!!!!

ONE NOTE: I've had several people voice their opinions about being able to make up the exercise challenges from the previous week - and that since this is a "challenge" we shouldn't be able to put them off - knowing that we have several days to make them up....... and I agree with that. So as of this week - you will ONLY have Sunday of the new week to make up any challenges that you have missed from the previous week.

I recomment that early in the week (Mon or Tues) you try to get a day "ahead" in your challenges - just in case you end up not feeling well, or life gets in the way.

As always - have a GREAT week, and let me know if you have any questions or problems. :drinker:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I'm working tonight and tomorrow on points and miles for the first 2 weeks of the challenge...... wow! We have really racked up some points and some miles!!!

Top 3 in total points for our team just for WEEK #1 ..... :noway:

tbhoover - 98 points
    quietlywinning - 94 points
    kackie - 89 points

Top 3 for mileage for our team just for WEEK #1..... :drinker:

shapestocome - 31.4 miles
    kellymill - 31.32 miles
    musky4 - 23.5 miles

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE ALL YOUR INFORMATION IN THE SPREADSHEET FOR WEEK #2 - AS I NEED TO CALCULATE MILEAGE AND POINTS TOMORROW!! THIS INCLUDES YOUR WEIGHT FO THIS WEEK!!!

MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT YOUR INFORMATION FOR LAST WEEK ON THE RIGHT TAB - WEEK #2
    BECAUSE I HAVE ADDED A NEW PAGE ON THE SPREADSHEET FOR WEEK #3 TONIGHT!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Challenge exercises: NO...have to do tomorrow...Falling asleep now!
    Walking: 6.2 miles
    Under calories: just barely, but under
    Water: 13 glasses!
    Wine: 2 ooops...we don't count that do we? (So much for being on the wagon.) Party for my future DIL, so giving myself a break this weekend!

Good night all! Have to rest up for those double crunches coming our way:tongue:
  • quietlywinning
    Options
    Week Two, Saturday

Exercise - yes
    Water - 12
    Under calories goal - yes
    Burned calories - 113 = 4397/32500
    Minutes - 20
    Walked - 1/2 mile

Got locked out of the house for 3 hours today but the garage door was open (or I could close it and be stuck inside the garage) so I couldn't walk away and do my long walk today. So we played tag and frisbee outside, but am not counting that as exercise. I only got a half mile walk in tonight.

No weight loss again this week. Sigh.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    Exercise Challenges -Yes!
    Water- 10 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yes!
    Walking Challenge: 5.25
    Burned 608 calories: 6721/32500
    Minutes 81: 992/1950

I lost another .4 which I am glad I came down especially with Easter! But I am hoping for at least .6-1 pound next week --that way I can get a point for my weight loss! So this week I am really going to focus on my deficit in food and see if the numbers add up (or subtract in this case lol). My goal will be to hit a 350 or more calorie deficit each day!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    Dorie
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

I lost another .4 which I am glad I came down especially with Easter! But I am hoping for at least .6-1 pound next week --that way I can get a point for my weight loss! So this week I am really going to focus on my deficit in food and see if the numbers add up (or subtract in this case lol). My goal will be to hit a 350 or more calorie deficit each day!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    Dorie

AWESOME Dorie!!!