I'm feeling so frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I know it's slow going. I upped my calories to 1765 per day and I'm still losing and gaining the same 1.5 pounds as I was eating 1400.

THAT'S what motivated me to keep going. When I realized that I could eat 200, 400, even 500 cals more and still go through that fluctuation process that I'd gone through at super low cals, it *confirmed* for me that there was never a need to drop my cals that low again. I decided that even if eating more didn't "work" as in the *lbs flying off*, it did need to be a permanent part of my life. I mean if the "amount" of cals weren't the answer, and something more needed to be tweaked to get results, it felt good knowing that I didn't need to starve myself while I figured out what those tweaks were. Because honestly, not that I WANT to keep gaining/losing the same 2 lbs, but I'd darn sure rather be gaining and losing them at 2000 cals vs 1200. :drinker:

But that's just me, lol... :tongue:

Kiki

Girl my sentiments exactly...to bounce the same as low cal...oh the joy. Whew never again starving and no guilt either about enjoying my food and having a full stomcah...oh the mental relief is just is too wonderful to express in mere words.

When I went up in cals I lost for intially ( well big loss 1st wk and gained 3wks then startedlosing) for 8wks, I plateaued and bounced for 4wks, so I went up 100 cals and started losing again. Slow and steady. If I start bouncing again I sure will add another 100...lol. I so find it hard to think of cutting. I am too used to eating now.
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ok so go figure! I whine about not losing, and now I've been loosing nonstop! I can't believe it! I was back and forth with the same 2 pounds from march 18 to April 12! I've lost everyday since except the day we had a campfire, smokies, chips and s'mores :) I gained .6 but lost it the next day. Usually .2-.6 a day. Today I got on And am 1.2 lbs down! I'm just amazed! We go away in a hotel for a week tomorrow. I'm so nervous! I don't want to gain!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ok so go figure! I whine about not losing, and now I've been loosing nonstop! I can't believe it! I was back and forth with the same 2 pounds from march 18 to April 12! I've lost everyday since except the day we had a campfire, smokies, chips and s'mores :) I gained .6 but lost it the next day. Usually .2-.6 a day. Today I got on And am 1.2 lbs down! I'm just amazed! We go away in a hotel for a week tomorrow. I'm so nervous! I don't want to gain!

Just be consistent and log while you are away...or take a break and know that it will mostly be water weight...:-) Enjoy your trip!

Think about it to have a SOLID gain you have to eat in EXCESS of 3500 calories...that is on top of your TDEE...so really, I don't think you will be doing that...we just tend to make poorer high sodium choices which is what shoots us up on the scale....
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was incredibly helpful and uplifting.