Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

PHASE 2, WORKOUTS 5 & 6 (start 4-16)

Replies

• natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    I just started Phase 2 yesterday as well. I did Workout 5 and doing Workout 6 tonight. I liked it, not as hard as I thought it would be (I always expect the worst LOL). The crabs are oddly way easier when my left leg is in the air than the other one. Strange.

Hope to squeeze in time to do the cardio this week too....
  • HannahPTA
    HannahPTA Posts: 39
    Am I Crab Challenged? When I do them it feels like my triceps are barely bending before my butt hits the floor..I keep adjusting but it seems like I am getting it wrong somehow. Maybe my arms are short, torso too long or butt too big? I ended up doing tricep dips with one leg raised using the coffee table for support and then I really was able to get the burn I was thinking I needed to feel. I was so happy to read there are other balance challenged people out there!!! I am doing the moves but I am a shaking and it can't be pretty. What is up with the reverse plank....owww. I have yet to do the cardio 2. That is up next.
    One thing is for sure..between Jillian, my training sessions at the gym, and the elliptical at home I am sleeping like a lamb. I also lost 11 lbs. in 30 days!!!
    My 6 year old daughter is doing the work outs with me and it is so cute. She was woodchoping with an 8 lb. weight and she proudly told me she was wet under her arms. She hates the up/down push ups (woman/man makers) and she grunts thru them then says, "Whew..that really kicked my butt". She loves it when Jillian says that! She makes me feel so good about the changes I have made and I love how they are impacting her outlook on exercise too.
    I also appreciate my husband trying to be supportive and enduring the colon blow clean eating changes in our house. He does not need to loose any weight but he is eating what we are and dreams of the Strombolli (Heart Attack causing) Pizza nights with the guys.
    Good luck everyone!!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member

My 6 year old daughter is doing the work outs with me and it is so cute. She was woodchoping with an 8 lb. weight and she proudly told me she was wet under her arms. She hates the up/down push ups (woman/man makers) and she grunts thru them then says, "Whew..that really kicked my butt". She loves it when Jillian says that! She makes me feel so good about the changes I have made and I love how they are impacting her outlook on exercise too.

That is so cute!
  • I am so happy to read all of these posts! I started phase 2 yesterday too. I thought I'd die before Jillian got done with me! I was wimpering while my husband was yelling "keep going!" It reminded me of childbirth! lol Anyway, your posts are cracking me up because I feel your pain! How heavy of weights are you guys using? I have been using 3s and 5s but know I need 8s for some moves.
  • HannahPTA
    Ok, on the weights I use 15, 10 and 8 lbs.....but when it comes to the superman with weights it's 5's. I tried heavier and I did not even get lift off. Room for improvement I guess. There is another move the lat/sit-up move that instead of using my heaviest weights I had to go a bit lighter. One month ago I could not even do one sit up..but now I can keep up and will work on increasing the weights.
  • I use 5, 8, and 10, and I seriously could not my arms off the ground using 5 pound weights... i had to hold ONE 5 pound weight in both hands to do it... oops..
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    I just finished workout 6 and literally ran to the computer to post this!

I loved it - every minute of it! Every move - they were challenging, I did them, I kicked butt!

OK, enough exclamation points. I'm done. No - I'm not. Yay!!

:happy:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Ok, on the weights I use 15, 10 and 8 lbs.....but when it comes to the superman with weights it's 5's. I tried heavier and I did not even get lift off. Room for improvement I guess. There is another move the lat/sit-up move that instead of using my heaviest weights I had to go a bit lighter. One month ago I could not even do one sit up..but now I can keep up and will work on increasing the weights.

OMG~the superman with weights~forgot all about that one~I could NOT do it AT ALL!!

I have been using 8s and 10s and tried every combination~ even went down to one 5 in both hands (like Joccelyn) and could NOT do it!! I LOVE supermans and have been doing them for years and couldn't lift up! Isn't that wierd?

Cardio 2 today
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member

I'm in exactly the same boat - use 15, 10 & 8 pounds for most (I would use 20s but I feel she moves too quickly for me right now and I can't get great form with the 20s). But for Supermans I said "screw it" and didn't use any weights. I couldn't get my 8s off the ground! ....pretty sure they're using 2s and 3s in the video.
  • adamb83
    Thoughts on Cardio 2? I'm doing it tonight... and I'm worried. Cardio 1 wasn't exactly easy - and Workouts 5 & 6 are SO MUCH MORE INTENSE than 1 & 2 ... I'm kinda dreading going home. Lol

Also... chop swings in both workouts?! Seriously?! She's out to kill me, I think.
  • cookieta76
    Did cardio 2 for the first time tonight - very intense! Just about got through them all without stopping. Nice to see some of the men shaking it in the spotlight! Cross Jacks were interesting.....
  • adamb83
    Did cardio 2 for the first time tonight - very intense! Just about got through them all without stopping. Nice to see some of the men shaking it in the spotlight! Cross Jacks were interesting.....

Yeah - I loved Cardio 2. It was tougher than Cardio 1 but I actually liked the moves more (with the exception of high knees - hate 'em!). It sucks that High Knees are in Cardio 2 and Workout 5... and that Wood Choppers are in Workouts 5 & 6... my least favorite moves and they're popping up all over the place! >.<
  • cookieta76
    I don't mind the wood choppers much - but high knees are killer! It's hard to not take a tiny break!
    I'm a bit cranky tonight, and I definitely am not liking workout 5. Jillian didn't motivate me this time around, she just ticked me off!

:angry:

I'll get over it.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    I absolutely love w/o 7. I burned over 400 calories tonight. i haven't had this high of a burn since starting phase 1.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    I'm not in phase 2 yet, I was just watching workout 5 - and is anybody else loves Jillian's pants ??? lol I wanna buy pants just like that- very cute :tongue: :tongue:
  • adamb83
    I'm not in phase 2 yet, I was just watching workout 5 - and is anybody else loves Jillian's pants ??? lol I wanna buy pants just like that- very cute :tongue: :tongue:

I want her/their shoes! They've all got great shoes!
  • gerla_k

yeah shoes too ! are they kswiss ?
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member

yeah shoes too ! are they kswiss ?

All of the shoes and Jillian's clothes are K-Swiss...
  • HannahPTA
    I agree the chops are annoying! Why both days? Oh well it's only two weeks and I guess if we ever really need to chop wood we will be ready.
  • gerla_k
    I agree the chops are annoying! Why both days? Oh well it's only two weeks and I guess if we ever really need to chop wood we will be ready.

Haha :)))