Introductions

Options

Replies

• victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! my name is victoria. i'm 21 & a mother of two. i started insanity a little less than 4 weeks ago. i am loving the results so far! i really haven't had much weightloss with it so far, but i have definitely lost inches and gained a lot of muscle. if anyone needs any extra support feel free to add me! :) always willing to help out when someone needs it!
  • blusky86
    blusky86 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, my name is Roger and im excited about this 60 day challenge. I just completed my 2nd day, and i'm so exuasted but i feel good. I need the support guys, and i am here to cheer everyone on. I'm already thinking about tomorrow's workout and im amped. I'm 25 and im ready for my beachbody and to fit in my tux!
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! My name is April I am 29 and a mom to 5. I will be starting Insanity in about 10-12 days :)

I need to lose about 35-45lbs and def want to tone up as well.
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello All

My name is Teena I am a 40 year old mother of 3 boys ages 23 18 and 15 (dont do the math LOL) I started just finsihed up week one and I am resting today (well not resting going to the gym later today) I am seeing great results so far and am very excited to weigh in tomorrow.

Look forward to your encoragement and advice as we all meet and exceed our goals!

Good Lck :-)
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amber. I started Round 1 of insanity on 4/23. I'm 29, 4'10 and 125 pounds.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Alyssa. I'm starting Insanity on Monday April 23. I must be crazy (corny joke font.) Good luck everyone!

finally, we found one between the 4/1 and 4/30 start dates!
  • GMazarie
    GMazarie Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I am Gabby and I am going to start Insanity soon and I was just wondering if all of you guys follow the nutrition plan and if you can still see good results if you don't. I have cut back on sweets and pop and I watch how many calories I eat.
  • johnscortes
    johnscortes Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Guys Im john Just started two days ago .. I wasn't able to get through the first real workout but Im looking forward to the next one..:) I need to get fit ..:)
  • Alexmcdermott6
    Options
    Hey!!!!
    My name is Alex and I am 21 years old come from Chesterifeld in the UK. I've ordered my Insanity DVD's and can't wait to get started. I have started a blog and will be updating it daily so please check it out and get some messages on there. If you have any advise or want to comment on my feelings for the day that would be really helpful. I am so glad that I don't have to do it alone!!!!!
  • GEE1241
    GEE1241 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI MY NAME IS GIANA. 27 FROM NEW YORK!!!!!!! 2ND WEEK OF INSANITY. PLEASE ADD ME AS A FRIEND =)
  • Nutrition1975
    Nutrition1975 Posts: 111
    Options
    I just started round 3 today - it never gets easier, but I did 18 weeks of Turbo Fire and needed to go back - it definitely a great cardio workout - add me if you want motivation or have questions :) Good luck everyone
  • ryanc1974
    ryanc1974 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on day 51 today (started 4/2/12). My screen name at teambeachbody.com is ryanc1974 as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just finished p90x, completed a round of p90x last year. Wanted a new challenge :)
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristin, 30 years old with two kids ages 6 and 8. Just trying to finally get the extra pounds off that I packed on while pregnant SIX YEARS AGO lol. Right now I weigh 130 lbs and I'm 5"2. I just finished month 1 of Insanity and am ready to start month 2 tomorrow!!!!
  • tlilly21
    tlilly21 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello everybody!!

Yes, on June 11 2012, I will be going INSANE!!

My name is Megan and I'm 22 years old. I have always been on the heavy side and now I want to get these 30 lbs off for good!

Add me as a friend if you want support or an accountability partner! LET'S SWEAT TOGETHER AND JUST PUSH PLAY!!!

Good Luck everyone! :)
  • mrsdamr
    mrsdamr Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody,

My name is Dawn - I'm 41 years old. I lost close to 100lbs on WW 4 years ago - but have gained about 30 back. I was going to start Insanity this morning, (received in mail on Friday) but decided I had too much going on this week (daughter graduating elementary school, awards ceremony) -and I want to be successful. I plan on Starting on June 18th. I"m a little nervous, but I hope the results are as expected!
  • thecomicshopgirl
    thecomicshopgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

My name is Amie, I'm 27 from Dallas, TX and I just started Insanity Day 1 yesterday. I tried it last year during the holidays but only made it 10 days in. This time I'm in it to finish, and I'm hoping insanity will be just the ticket to help get me in shape for my wedding this fall!
  • crrobinson85
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Courtney. I'm 27 and I'm from Los Angeles, CA. I just moved here from MD last summer. The 10 lbs that I had lost mostly through diet early last year came back this year with avengence!

I bought Insanity over 2 years ago and after 3 workouts, let it collect dust. Part of the reason was because those measly sports bras couldn't take the insane impact and it was tearing up my back (I'm just a "little" heavy chested :D). I invested in some amazingly awesome sports bras and finally blew the dust off of Insanity.

I'm currently in week 3 and am feeling great. I do my workouts first thing in the morning and feel alert and great the rest of the day, although I feel like I'm about to collaspe right after the workout. My clothes are already starting to feel looser and I went from biking 0 to 15 miles in 90 minutes in 2 weeks! I've heard that people can run 5 mi marathons after completing Insanity, so I will definitely be testing that out. My start weight was 154.8lbs on a 5'3 frame. I'm currently at 149.6lbs. My goal is to drop 20 lbs by the end of the 60 days.

After doing some research, I cleaned out my refridgerator this past weekend and filled it with lean, organic, grass-fed meats and poultry, wild-caught low cholesterol, low fat seafood, nom-starchy veggies and low carb fruits (bye bye bananas). Yea, it's that insane, but diet is 80% of the battle and it's more than just cutting out processed foods. I know you all already know stay away from anything farm raised, pumped with harmones, or grain-fed.

I look forward to getting and sharing tips with you all and please feel free to add me as a fried.

DIG DEEPER ya'll!!!!
  • crrobinson85
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am here for support, with starting insanity today. Please note I am 230lbs and pure fat. I am out of shape and know this will be hard and will take time I am praying and hoping that every day I will be able to do more of this program. Hoping that walking in place when I need more time in an area will not discourgae me.. Any thoughts.. Anyone else starting this program at this weight and out of shape. I have heard people tell me to wait until i lose weight before doing this..

Thoughts??

The only thing that I would advise you to do is consult with your physician. Every DVD in the program has this warning before the workout starts. Shaun T is very encouraging and you will see that even the folks on the DVD are told to take breaks...and they've done the program already. I don't say that to scare you but to encourage you and to let you know that even the "veterans" can't make it through an entire workout. If you physician gives you a thumbs up to start, pace yourself and don't go overboard. Even the warmup is a full blown workout for some (that would be me). Just stay the course, follow the nutrition plan and eat healthy (it's a lot easier than it looks) and most importantly, know your limits. When my body is screaming, I take a breather, rewind and get right back in.

Best of luck to you.
  • crrobinson85
    Options
    Hi I'm Marlene & I'm 43yrs old & have recently found 25lbs from a surgery I had last year having a full hysterectomy. I used to ALWAYS be that girl working out but I cant seem to find motivation for it any longer. I'm 5'8" & at 170lbs wearing a 10/11 now & I'm not comfortable at this weight. Unfortunately being in menopause now really really sucks * for the first time EVER* i actually feel like im in my forties..I have tried to start Insanity 2 or 3 times now & I get intimidated & stop, any excuse makes me stop..spouse(who IS supportive)..church obligations..work..or kids(I have 2 boys 19 & 20 & a 13 yr old daughter)..having to cook..not enuff sleep..hotflashes..migraines..u name it! We are having a vow renewal ceremony in August & I really wanna be back to a size 6 & look and feel awesome in my dress. So i pray that this group will give me the motivation I truly need & that I wont stop it.

That is a lot, but keep doing! You have too for your family! I hope that you're still digging deeper!