Day 1 of NROLFW...here goes nothing!

Options
2»

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1 yesterday. I'm a little sore all over, but not too bad. I'm excited to try the B workout tomorrow.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've been waitiing for my book to arrive for about 3 weeks (it's coming from the US and I'm in the UK.) I'm running to the post each morning but still nothing :-(

Will I need to do the workout at the gym or can I do it at home if I have the right equipment? How long does the workout take to complete each session?

Can't wait to get started!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've been waitiing for my book to arrive for about 3 weeks (it's coming from the US and I'm in the UK.) I'm running to the post each morning but still nothing :-(

Will I need to do the workout at the gym or can I do it at home if I have the right equipment? How long does the workout take to complete each session?

The gym is easier but the book gives you alternatives if you're working out at home. The first workouts are pretty quick -- lots of people have commented about it. About 20 minutes. As the program goes on, they get longer.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options

The gym is easier but the book gives you alternatives if you're working out at home. The first workouts are pretty quick -- lots of people have commented about it. About 20 minutes. As the program goes on, they get longer.

Thank you :-)

Still didn't arrive today grrrrr!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Well I am excited...Day 1. It didn't take as much time as I thought it would but it was more work than I thought it would be. I am not new to lifting, I am not even new to lifting heavy but I am new to the "total body" concept. I used to lift chest and tris, back and bis, then legs and shoulders so this is different. I have to say I was really sweating this morning. I normally don't really sweat while lifting (even running, it takes me about a mile before I start to sweat). Today it was pouring down my back...very exciting, gross but exciting. Let's see how I feel tomorrow morning :-) I just wanted to say "Yay!" I am on the road to buff :-)

How much weight did you use on the squats?
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well I am excited...Day 1. It didn't take as much time as I thought it would but it was more work than I thought it would be. I am not new to lifting, I am not even new to lifting heavy but I am new to the "total body" concept. I used to lift chest and tris, back and bis, then legs and shoulders so this is different. I have to say I was really sweating this morning. I normally don't really sweat while lifting (even running, it takes me about a mile before I start to sweat). Today it was pouring down my back...very exciting, gross but exciting. Let's see how I feel tomorrow morning :-) I just wanted to say "Yay!" I am on the road to buff :-)

Do you mean the first time (workout A 1)? 85 lbs (20 lb in weights with a 45 pound bar)...
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Do you mean the first time (workout A 1)? 85 lbs (20 lb in weights with a 45 pound bar)...

Ok that's what I used too. I started out with the 45lb bar and 10lbs in weights but decided that wasn't challenging enough so bumped it up to 20lbs in weights.
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Ok that's what I used too. I started out with the 45lb bar and 10lbs in weights but decided that wasn't challenging enough so bumped it up to 20lbs in weights.
    You will see quick progress...I just finished A6..with squats @ 135 for 10