It works if you work it!

Options
No, this post is not about alcohol! :bigsmile:

I just wanted to share that this morning I am down another pound! That makes 3 for this week....so far.

I am so pumped about eating more.....I keep telling anyone who will listen to me about how life changing this is. They all think I'm crazy, but I truly believe that women (and men) need to educate themselves and stop starving their bodies. I feel like I'm the ambassador of food! I want everyone to feel as good and be as happy as I am right now.

And it's not even just about the pounds. I feel awesome. My body is satisfied, my mood is so much better than it was before, I have a lot more patience with my kids and a zest for life that was lacking before. My clothes are fitting better because I'm losing inches.....and let's be honest......the weight dropping on the scale is awfully nice!

I'm not a small woman. I'm 5'8" and currently at 229 pounds, my goal is to get to 175 and then reevaluate where I want to go from there. I also have chronic knee and back pain. I have a long journey ahead of me, but if I can do it.....anyone can do it! I started by upping my calories to net my BMR, and only lost and gained the same pound for 2 weeks. Last week I finally bit the bullet and upped to TDEE -20% and honestly I wish that I had just jumped straight to my current 2260 calories instead of playing around at 1900. It makes all the difference in the world.

For anyone who is contemplating upping your calories, DO IT! I know it feels insane and scary, but it works and you will feel so much better about this whole weight loss journey when you aren't starving your body. I have no idea how people who cut down to 1200 calories plan to adjust once they hit their weight loss goal (if they ever hit it).....I guess that's why most people who "diet" gain all the weight back. Eating more to weigh less isn't a diet, it's a new way of life. It's nutrition!

Okay, enough outta me.

How are you feeling today? How has eating more affected your life?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I love this!

I tell ya, when I found this out, I couldn't shut up about it...people look at me strange but I just keep on talking:-)

Thanks for sharing!!
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I literally just started this and am not a big eater. I'd rather take a pill that has everything I need instead of eat. I hate the constant full feeling and am really having a hard time. I eat tons of fiber and (I hate even bringing this up) but I can't get my "movements normal." YES I WENT THERE! Any suggestions?
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I literally just started this and am not a big eater. I'd rather take a pill that has everything I need instead of eat. I hate the constant full feeling and am really having a hard time. I eat tons of fiber and (I hate even bringing this up) but I can't get my "movements normal." YES I WENT THERE! Any suggestions?

Drink more water...lots of water:-) Also try probiotic pills and/or papaya enzymes to help break down your food.

It is a big adjustment for the body when it has been starved to suddenly get loads of food. Be patient, this will pass...
  • becky3277
    Options
    I eat yogurt every day...sometimes twice a day and I drink lots of water.

You said "THIS WILL PASS!!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, my brain thinks I'm still 12. : )
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options

That overly full feeling will go away in a few days to a week or so. Until then you just gotta suffer through and eat ALL of your calories. Your body needs them! It would be easier to give advice (not that I'm a professional) about your fiber and "movements" :laugh: if we could see your diary and see what you're eating. But I would suggest increasing your veggies and eating whole grains. My movements have been awesome and clean (TMI?) since eating a diet full of whole foods and lots of fruits and veggies.
  • becky3277
    Options
    Lots of whole grains and veggies too! I have always had this problem...even as a kid. OK...enough about poop. I only started logging my food on here yesterday. I was using webmd and got sick of it. I'll open my diary.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic to hear! Keep up the good work! I appreciate all the stories of this working for everyone, as I will admit the whole eat more to lose more was tough to swallow ;)

I will be updating my progress as well. I have given ever diet under the sun a try, and failed. But this one (not really a diet i guess, just eating wha tyou are supposed to) I will commit to for sure.

I ditched all the "bad" foods for sure (trying to cut our all processed foods) and sticking with the good stuff, just eating much more of it.

My TDE - 20% is 3000-3100 calories so I am fighting the struggle of eating enough. But today is the day I started, its 10am and I am already at 1k good calories (been up since 5am).
  • nancycsel
    nancycsel Posts: 47
    Options
    After being stuck on the same weight for close to a month. I decided to try upping my calories about a week ago. I weighed myself today and am down 1 lb. Not until I joined this group did I realize how little I was eating. I was at 1200 calories and working out 1 hr 6 times a week. ( I am 5 ft 1 and weigh 121) I ate most of my work out calories back but still felt hungry at bedtime.
    I have to say this week I have been satisfied at night and even full. I did also cut back on carbs and sweets and am working at eating more fruits and veggies. I love that I don't feel so hungry all the time! I don't have much left to lose so am trying to concentrate on eating right and being active. This is so do-able now. Thank you for all the great info in this group!
  • becky3277
    Options
    My food diary is open
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Well done!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Thats fantastic to hear! Keep up the good work! I appreciate all the stories of this working for everyone, as I will admit the whole eat more to lose more was tough to swallow ;)

I will be updating my progress as well. I have given ever diet under the sun a try, and failed. But this one (not really a diet i guess, just eating wha tyou are supposed to) I will commit to for sure.

I ditched all the "bad" foods for sure (trying to cut our all processed foods) and sticking with the good stuff, just eating much more of it.

My TDE - 20% is 3000-3100 calories so I am fighting the struggle of eating enough. But today is the day I started, its 10am and I am already at 1k good calories (been up since 5am).

Man, I know it is so tough as a guy because you guys have such higher numbers to meet. My hubby is in the same boat needing to eat 3000 cals a day. But just wait...it will get sooo much easier to hit your numbers. Make sure to hit 1gr of protein per lb of body fat. AND when you plateau, which you may just do in time, UP your calories by 100 or so, don't go backwards. You are starting at a 20% cut and I did that too, and when I hit a plateau I went up and started losing again.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    After being stuck on the same weight for close to a month. I decided to try upping my calories about a week ago. I weighed myself today and am down 1 lb. Not until I joined this group did I realize how little I was eating. I was at 1200 calories and working out 1 hr 6 times a week. ( I am 5 ft 1 and weigh 121) I ate most of my work out calories back but still felt hungry at bedtime.
    I have to say this week I have been satisfied at night and even full. I did also cut back on carbs and sweets and am working at eating more fruits and veggies. I love that I don't feel so hungry all the time! I don't have much left to lose so am trying to concentrate on eating right and being active. This is so do-able now. Thank you for all the great info in this group!

:-) Isn't it just wonderful:-)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Fiber can clog you up unfortunately. Its going to take a minute for your body to catch up to your new way of eating. I was experiencing the same problem. Mine is slowly coming around.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Oh, I find that I can't eat too much of the Kashi high fiber stuff...man it binds me instead...I get my fiber mostly from chia seeds from my protein drink and it sends me out within moments of drinking...lol
  • becky3277
    Options
    Kashi GO LEAN: The fiber that binds! It figures!! Chia seeds...I'll look for that for sure. Thanks :wink:
  • nancycsel
    nancycsel Posts: 47
    Options
    Ohh Kashi Go Lean makes me feel miserable a few hours after I eat it.. I am so bloated and ummm gassy.. LOL! :blushing:
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Ohh Kashi Go Lean makes me feel miserable a few hours after I eat it.. I am so bloated and ummm gassy.. LOL! :blushing:

Oh my...yes let that one go. Does the same to me!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Flax seed is good for get you "moving" as well!!!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Man, I know it is so tough as a guy because you guys have such higher numbers to meet. My hubby is in the same boat needing to eat 3000 cals a day. But just wait...it will get sooo much easier to hit your numbers. Make sure to hit 1gr of protein per lb of body fat. AND when you plateau, which you may just do in time, UP your calories by 100 or so, don't go backwards. You are starting at a 20% cut and I did that too, and when I hit a plateau I went up and started losing again.

Thanks for the info! The amount of information you put into this group just blows me away and I cant thank you enough!
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Thanks for the info! The amount of information you put into this group just blows me away and I cant thank you enough!
    :-)