Replies

• becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! So glad I'm not alone. haha
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When I first started this a year ago I was eating at the 1200 they told me too. Hard to do, as I was also working out 1-2 hours a day 6 days a week (heavy cardio and some strength training). Lost 12 pounds, then stalled and have been playing the gain 2 lose 1, lose 1 gain 1.5, etc. for 6 months. Started reading more on BMR and TDEE. Upped my cals to my bmr 1575, but with the exercises was still only netting 500-1000 cals/day. I've now upped to eat at my maintenance (2166) to try and repair my metabolism and promptly gained 4 pds. Will continue this for a bit to see if things improve but was dismayed to see a 4 pound gain!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    When I first started this a year ago I was eating at the 1200 they told me too. Hard to do, as I was also working out 1-2 hours a day 6 days a week (heavy cardio and some strength training). Lost 12 pounds, then stalled and have been playing the gain 2 lose 1, lose 1 gain 1.5, etc. for 6 months. Started reading more on BMR and TDEE. Upped my cals to my bmr 1575, but with the exercises was still only netting 500-1000 cals/day. I've now upped to eat at my maintenance (2166) to try and repair my metabolism and promptly gained 4 pds. Will continue this for a bit to see if things improve but was dismayed to see a 4 pound gain!

Don't be dismayed, your body is functioning right...you just upped and it thinks...this lady has starved me so long I sure better hold on to some of this and convert to fat for later usage cause she sure will starve me again....BUT...the difference is, you won't...you keep feeding your body, it will stabilize. Hold on for at least 8-12 wks of maintenance...then your metabolism will be reset and then whew, you can do a small cut like 10% to get the scale moving....
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I struggled too. I had 4 weeks of gains when I sat at BMR. But once I increased to my cut value, I dropped what I gained in that reset period AND more.. Put the scale away for a while and just work on eating what you need to be eating.. the gains are short term, the progress after becomes so much better:)
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    Thats fantastic to hear! Keep up the good work! I appreciate all the stories of this working for everyone, as I will admit the whole eat more to lose more was tough to swallow ;)

I will be updating my progress as well. I have given ever diet under the sun a try, and failed. But this one (not really a diet i guess, just eating wha tyou are supposed to) I will commit to for sure.

I ditched all the "bad" foods for sure (trying to cut our all processed foods) and sticking with the good stuff, just eating much more of it.

My TDE - 20% is 3000-3100 calories so I am fighting the struggle of eating enough. But today is the day I started, its 10am and I am already at 1k good calories (been up since 5am).

It sounds like you have a really good mind set! 3000 calories is a lot, but you'll figure out creative ways to eat them. Do you make protein shakes? I find that when I load my blender full of yummy calorific goodies it helps me to meet my daily goals.....especially on workout days. I haven't been able to completely cut out all processed foods.....I love turkey pepperoni and processed carbs, crackers are my favorite enemy! Good luck to you. Feel free to add me....you'd be my first dude friend! :laugh:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic to hear! Keep up the good work! I appreciate all the stories of this working for everyone, as I will admit the whole eat more to lose more was tough to swallow ;)

I will be updating my progress as well. I have given ever diet under the sun a try, and failed. But this one (not really a diet i guess, just eating wha tyou are supposed to) I will commit to for sure.

I ditched all the "bad" foods for sure (trying to cut our all processed foods) and sticking with the good stuff, just eating much more of it.

My TDE - 20% is 3000-3100 calories so I am fighting the struggle of eating enough. But today is the day I started, its 10am and I am already at 1k good calories (been up since 5am).

It sounds like you have a really good mind set! 3000 calories is a lot, but you'll figure out creative ways to eat them. Do you make protein shakes? I find that when I load my blender full of yummy calorific goodies it helps me to meet my daily goals.....especially on workout days. I haven't been able to completely cut out all processed foods.....I love turkey pepperoni and processed carbs, crackers are my favorite enemy! Good luck to you. Feel free to add me....you'd be my first dude friend! :laugh:

Ya, actually the two protein shakes I drank today accounted for 600 calories and 120g of protien for the day, so its actually getting easy. I have 1050 calories left for the day, the dinner I am cooking (two servings) is 700 calories, and ill toss in some fruit for desert and I should hit 3k.
  • macnurseapril
    macnurseapril Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It so does. I am telling everyone I work with all about it (some of them net less than 1000 cals a day) It's awesome.

I'm increasing gradually, and tonight I made a delish protein shake because I was 900 under my cut O.O. I am way less grouchy, but man do I notice it at work when i don't get to eat. I've started bringing protein bars because I don't often get to break.

I'd love to read what other on the go folks eat to get their cals in.

I am so grateful I found this!
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Ya, actually the two protein shakes I drank today accounted for 600 calories and 120g of protien for the day, so its actually getting easy. I have 1050 calories left for the day, the dinner I am cooking (two servings) is 700 calories, and ill toss in some fruit for desert and I should hit 3k.

Mike, promise to put up some before and after pics...I can't wait to see them in a few months:-)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    It so does. I am telling everyone I work with all about it (some of them net less than 1000 cals a day) It's awesome.

I'm increasing gradually, and tonight I made a delish protein shake because I was 900 under my cut O.O. I am way less grouchy, but man do I notice it at work when i don't get to eat. I've started bringing protein bars because I don't often get to break.

I'd love to read what other on the go folks eat to get their cals in.

I am so grateful I found this!

You...me too:-)
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do psyllum seed husk in my protein shake every morning and I find that it keeps me pretty regular and its easy going down. I just upped my calories so we will see how things keep going as I eat more.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am one week and two days in and I love the way I feel!!!! I hate the scale right now, though. :grumble: It says I am 221. I started at 213. BUT my clothes are fitting a little better! These pants I have on today did NOT fit this well two weeks ago! I originally calculated my BMR at 1750 and my TDEE at 2720 and decided to eat 2000 calories - a little less than a 20% cut. Two days ago, I decided to go ahead and up it to my 20% cut of 2150, so I've been eating an extra 150. I also haven't added in the 10% for digestion. If I don't see anything happening in the next two or three weeks, I'll go ahead and calculate that in, too!

I cannot believe I am actually eating this much. I was used to aiming for such a low calorie intake. This is like food heaven! :love: And I get to have chocolate. Every day. Darn right!

I, too, am having, um, bathroom troubles. :indifferent: I started taking a probiotic (I think it's Nature's Valley, from Walmart) last week. I take three pills before every meal (just breakfast, lunch and dinner) and haven't really noticed a huge difference. I was having trouble with bloating, too, so I am taking some Diurex to help. I drink tons of water, too, so hopefully things will get to movin' soon! :blushing:

I cannot wait to see the numbers drop on the scale. As good as I feel, it is still hard to step on and see the numbers trending upward.

I've went through a period of suuuuuuper tiredness and suuuuuper hungriness! This week seems to have balanced itself out. I'm working on my sleep schedule, as my workouts are typically at 4:30 a.m. I took a break from the gym this week to get back on track. I'll be back at it next week and can't wait!!
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For all those having BM issues, Miralax. I have a medical condition that requires me to take it, and it will keep you regular and help it move out. IT may take a few days to work, but after that you will be regular. I buy mine at CVS pharmacy, but I think you can get it anywhere?
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    if you are having poop issues and have recently started taking a calcium supplement, that could be the culprit. i've come to the conclusion that i just cannot take a calcium supp, not even with magnesium and probiotics. i just recently cut it out because it's just not worth the poop stress, mentally and physically. i'm just gonna have to get it through diet and the bit that's in my multi.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Oh, I find that I can't eat too much of the Kashi high fiber stuff...man it binds me instead...I get my fiber mostly from chia seeds from my protein drink and it sends me out within moments of drinking...lol

Chai seeds will do that? I have been looking for a gluten free alternative to bran for my mum. I think gluten intolerance is really impacted on her health but she says she wont be regular if she does what I do.

Edited to add - Do we need a sticky thread on Pooing? :wink:
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    I am one week and two days in and I love the way I feel!!!! I hate the scale right now, though. :grumble: It says I am 221. I started at 213. BUT my clothes are fitting a little better! These pants I have on today did NOT fit this well two weeks ago! I originally calculated my BMR at 1750 and my TDEE at 2720 and decided to eat 2000 calories - a little less than a 20% cut. Two days ago, I decided to go ahead and up it to my 20% cut of 2150, so I've been eating an extra 150. I also haven't added in the 10% for digestion. If I don't see anything happening in the next two or three weeks, I'll go ahead and calculate that in, too!

I cannot believe I am actually eating this much. I was used to aiming for such a low calorie intake. This is like food heaven! :love: And I get to have chocolate. Every day. Darn right!

I, too, am having, um, bathroom troubles. :indifferent: I started taking a probiotic (I think it's Nature's Valley, from Walmart) last week. I take three pills before every meal (just breakfast, lunch and dinner) and haven't really noticed a huge difference. I was having trouble with bloating, too, so I am taking some Diurex to help. I drink tons of water, too, so hopefully things will get to movin' soon! :blushing:

I cannot wait to see the numbers drop on the scale. As good as I feel, it is still hard to step on and see the numbers trending upward.

I've went through a period of suuuuuuper tiredness and suuuuuper hungriness! This week seems to have balanced itself out. I'm working on my sleep schedule, as my workouts are typically at 4:30 a.m. I took a break from the gym this week to get back on track. I'll be back at it next week and can't wait!!

It's hard to wrap your mind around eating so much especially if you have been restricting for so long! It took me a couple of weeks to mentally get over the sheer volume of food I should be eating compared to what I used to eat. But if you really think about it, our bodies are like machines.....they need constant healthy fuel to keep us chuggin' along, even if we're trying to lose weight! It sounds like you are in a good place. Just keep fighting the good fight and you'll see those numbers drop from the scale!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    if you are having poop issues and have recently started taking a calcium supplement, that could be the culprit. i've come to the conclusion that i just cannot take a calcium supp, not even with magnesium and probiotics. i just recently cut it out because it's just not worth the poop stress, mentally and physically. i'm just gonna have to get it through diet and the bit that's in my multi.

You're not the only one. I stopped doing calcium a long time ago because of digestive issues. I also stopped taking a multi for a couple weeks to see if it would help. Had great success for about the first week, and then things went back to how they always are. So I'm back taking the multi and scratching my head to what else I can change to get things "moving".

I really don't want to pop a bunch of pills but I don't think I have much choice anymore.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    if she's truly gluten intolerant, the gluten could be contributing to constipation. i know a lot of kids with digestive issues ranging from loose stools to severe constipation. going gluten free has helped some of them to regulate even though they had different manifestations of the intolerance.

oops...meant to quote jade up there.