JM KICKBOX FASTFIX

Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
Just tried it~ LOVED it~ burned 103 calories in 20 minutes!! It'll be more once I can keep up!

Fun~ would recommend it!

Replies

• roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Is there a lot of jumping around?
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    I just picked this one up too and really liked it as well. Would also recommend it. Have only tried workout 3 so far, but it was fast paced and fun.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of jumping, but a lot of kicking!
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I preordered awhile ago n got it in the mail when it came out. The only wrkout I've done from that dvd is 3. Man that was killer when I did it but it was gr8. As soon as I'm done with Body Rev nxt mnth I'll be doin Kickbox fastfix for 3 wks. Then I'll go back to Body Rev and actually eat my daily cal intake that is recommended with the program
  • rosied915
    Options
    Is there a lot of jumping around?

Like the name implies, it's "fast" more than anything else~ VERY fast! Not a lot of jumping but getting into position for the kicks takes me some time so I do end up missing some~ oh well.

And each 20 minute workout targets an area: Upper body, Lower body & Abs. I did Upper yesterday.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Can we do this with Body revolution ? Do you guys do it on the rest day , cardio day ? thanks
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    This is probably my fav JM Dvd! I love that you can do 1 if you are pressed for time, or all 3 if your not. I burn a ton of c alories too!
  • Mira710
    Options
    Can we do this with Body revolution ? Do you guys do it on the rest day , cardio day ? thanks

I wouldn't do it on a rest day-- you really need rest! Last week I did workouts 2 and 3 instead of cardio 2. I've also been adding a workout from this dvd after I do a body rev workout for some extra calorie burn! I highly recommend it!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options

I do it in the evenings as my "bonus" cardio
  • rosied915
    Options

I do it in the evenings as my "bonus" cardio

If it's good enough for a lady who lost 119 pounds, it's good enough for me!! Sincerest congrats to you!!

I almost always do something else along with JM BR every day~ whether it's a Yoga class or Pilates and sometimes a dancy-aerobic type class called Swing~ at the gym.
    I will definitely do the Kickbox on BR Cardio days and whenever I have 20 extra minutes to spare......
  • gerla_k
    Options
    I think I'll have to buy this DVD then :)) BEcause I love Jillian and all her workouts rock !! :tongue::tongue::tongue:
  • gerla_k
    Options
    After reading good reviews on this workout, I actually went to her website and purchased mp4 version and downloaded on my computer !!! yayyyy Gonna start probably on Monday, because tomorrow is much appreciated rest day :)))
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I ran out to Target to run some errands and found it there (for only $12.99). I cme home and tried it this afternoon and LOVED it! I knew I would because in addition to Jillian Michaels, I'm a longtime fan of Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Some of the combinations can be a bit complicated at first, but once you get them you're good. I did workout 1 and 2 back-to-back and it was good. Definitely easier than Body Revolution. Because of that, I can easily add 1, 2 or 3 workouts whenever I can. I highly recommend!
  • gerla_k
    Options
    I ran out to Target to run some errands and found it there (for only $12.99). I cme home and tried it this afternoon and LOVED it! I knew I would because in addition to Jillian Michaels, I'm a longtime fan of Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Some of the combinations can be a bit complicated at first, but once you get them you're good. I did workout 1 and 2 back-to-back and it was good. Definitely easier than Body Revolution. Because of that, I can easily add 1, 2 or 3 workouts whenever I can. I highly recommend!

I bought from JM website for 12.99 as well- nice to hear that I didn't overpaid :glasses: :glasses:
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is so great to know it's available to download! Why don't they ALL do that?!? Instant gratification, that's what I like. : )
  • gerla_k
    Options
    That is so great to know it's available to download! Why don't they ALL do that?!? Instant gratification, that's what I like. : )

yeah, it's very convenient- I bought it online in the evening and in 15 minutes was doing it :))) There are several of her workouts
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am very tempted to buy or download the workout. I am just wondering if it is ok to use with BR? Is it mainly cardio or also weights? I just want to make sure I give my muscles the rest that is built in with the program. Would love to try it though if it is mainly cardio.

Would be great if someone could help!

Thank you!
    Daisy
  • Mira710
    Options
    Hi all

I am very tempted to buy or download the workout. I am just wondering if it is ok to use with BR? Is it mainly cardio or also weights? I just want to make sure I give my muscles the rest that is built in with the program. Would love to try it though if it is mainly cardio.

Thank you!
    Daisy

Only the first workout out of the three uses weights. I have substituted cardio 2 with workouts 2 and 3 from fastfix. It is so much fun!
  • gerla_k
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you!
    Daisy

Hi Daisy, it's mainly kicking and punches, i did second workout ot ouf 3, I don't remember that there were any weights involved.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you!
    Daisy

Only the first workout out of the three uses weights. I have substituted cardio 2 with workouts 2 and 3 from fastfix. It is so much fun!

Thanks a lot for your reply! Sounds great! I think I might have to get it :-)