JM KICKBOX FASTFIX

Options

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am very tempted to buy or download the workout. I am just wondering if it is ok to use with BR? Is it mainly cardio or also weights? I just want to make sure I give my muscles the rest that is built in with the program. Would love to try it though if it is mainly cardio.

Would be great if someone could help!

Thank you!
    Daisy

Only the first workout out of the three uses weights. I have substituted cardio 2 with workouts 2 and 3 from fastfix. It is so much fun!

I substitute cardio 1 with fastfix as well. You're right it's fun, but it took me some time to get used to the moves. I am pretty sure i don't have the perfect form, but I figured as long as i'm moving (punching, kicking even with a wrong form) I'm burning calories :))) :laugh:
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    There's some light weight moves in both workout 1 and 2 (I think...or it's all in workout 1, I can't seem to remember). It's more cardio than anything, even with the weights (think uppercuts in a half squat with light weights). I LOVE it! I bought the DVD yesterday and have already done it twice (I did workout 1 and 2 on both days) as extra cardio....I'm a fan!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! It sounds great!! I tried to order it from the website but the link for the download does not work! :mad:
    Waiting to hear back from customer service at the moment!
  • gerla_k
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! It sounds great!! I tried to order it from the website but the link for the download does not work! :mad:

Oh I had the same problem, try to change the directory to save to desktop. My problem was like this: I had the link, it will open some program in new window right ?then you click download, and mine will not download at all. Then it will come back with something like directory could not be found. then i changed to save to desktop in the same window on top, clicked download again and it worked. Hope i helped.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just purchased and downloaded it no problem.
  • Daisy80
    Options

Oh I had the same problem, try to change the directory to save to desktop. My problem was like this: I had the link, it will open some program in new window right ?then you click download, and mine will not download at all. Then it will come back with something like directory could not be found. then i changed to save to desktop in the same window on top, clicked download again and it worked. Hope i helped.

Thank you very much for your help! I didn't even get as far as you mentioned. I had a reply of the customer service luckily and there was a problem with my Java. All done and I got it now! Yay! :smile:
  • gerla_k
    Options

Thank you very much for your help! I didn't even get as far as you mentioned. I had a reply of the customer service luckily and there was a problem with my Java. All done and I got it now! Yay! :smile:

Glad to hear, hope you like the workouts :tongue:
  • roander
    Options
    I did Workout 1 yesterday. I did the instructional portion to make sure I was on the same page as Jillian. HOWEVER, it would sure have been nice for her to do an exercise at least once at slow speed so you know what you are doing! Sure, I can do them individually, but when you turn it into a jab, cross, swing kick, back kick, uppercut combination, you've lost me. I'm sure it will take time, and it really was fun.

What's up with that girl on the right? She looks like she wants to hurt somebody.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I haven't started it yet but I have done Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire before and it always took me a little while to master the routines. I do think it is a good think though as I believe as long as I am kicking and punching it doesn't matter if I am perfectly coordinated and also it keeps the DVD interesting for longer as you have the motivation to master the moves. I might try the tutorial later :smile:
  • gerbies
    Options
    Daisy, I am totally with you. In my opinion, some of her combinations are more challenging to get down. For example, I'm used to the punching combo of: Jab, cross, hook, uppercut. Chalene uses this alot in the Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire series. Jillian has one where the four are in a different order and it was VERY hard for me to get it. I think not knowing and struggling actually burns more calories than already anticipating...or I tell myself that just to make me feel better....lol.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Daisy, I am totally with you. In my opinion, some of her combinations are more challenging to get down. For example, I'm used to the punching combo of: Jab, cross, hook, uppercut. Chalene uses this alot in the Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire series. Jillian has one where the four are in a different order and it was VERY hard for me to get it. I think not knowing and struggling actually burns more calories than already anticipating...or I tell myself that just to make me feel better....lol.

He he! I like your thinking! :smile:
  • gerla_k
    Options

He he! I like your thinking! :smile:

I personally found that a bit annoying, when Jillian would mix punching sequence, it was very hard for me to remember: jab, cross uppercut, uppercut, hook, back kick and cross ? ummm, really ? I ended up doing my way - because I just can't remember the right sequence :)) )lol so yeah, i think as long as i'm moving and kicking and punching i don't care if it's right :tongue:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine from amazon and should be here by Monday!
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I picked up a copy today, hoping it doesn't kill me like the BR Cardio vids have. :grumble:
  • roander
    Options
    I like it WAY better than the BR cardio! Much easier on the knees.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Today is FRIDAY and I just got my FASTFIX KICKBOXING! Was waiting ALLLLL week!:cry: Anyways, after I did my phase 1 workout 4 I popped in the FASTFIX. It is good and you do sweat but the thing is she doesn't have you switch legs! She stands with her left foot forward through most of the workouts where we stand with our right to kick on the same sides as she but we do not switch to the other side, WTH? I will do this AGAIN tomorrow just to make sure!! A good workout BUT I do NOT want to be lop sided:laugh: !
  • gerbies
    Options
    Today is FRIDAY and I just got my FASTFIX KICKBOXING! Was waiting ALLLLL week!:cry: Anyways, after I did my phase 1 workout 4 I popped in the FASTFIX. It is good and you do sweat but the thing is she doesn't have you switch legs! She stands with her left foot forward through most of the workouts where we stand with our right to kick on the same sides as she but we do not switch to the other side, WTH? I will do this AGAIN tomorrow just to make sure!! A good workout BUT I do NOT want to be lop sided:laugh: !

You're right. I just switch legs/arms on the second set each time.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

If you've done other Jillian dvds, she never switches during kickboxing. She says that she likes to maintain her "fighting stance."
  • pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had to go get this one. I love punching and kicking. Anything that will give my knees a break is good with me. All the lunges and squats are freaking killing me! Can't wait to try it. Maybe tonight!
  • gerbies
    Options
    I had to go get this one. I love punching and kicking. Anything that will give my knees a break is good with me. All the lunges and squats are freaking killing me! Can't wait to try it. Maybe tonight!

Warning: there's a few sets that incorporate squats and lunges...lol. One is a lunge to front kick and the other is a squat to front kick. They are both killers!