10-week challenge

Options
Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
Hi!

I'll post this for members of this group who want to *add* to their NROL4W experience.

For me, I'd like to lose 10 lbs. by end of June, 2012. That's a 10-week challenge (for me) right there!

For you, it might be a fat loss that you are seeking. Perhaps it is a "cleaner diet" challenge.

Why not post here, what your *self-designed* challenge is, and we, as a sub-group, can support each other as we mark off the next 10 weeks of the 2012 calendar.

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Options
    To aim for success at this 10-week challenge, I will:

1. zig-zag my daily calories;
    2. reduce my weekly calories by 1,400 (an average of 200 per day, but it might be 400 on some days and 0 on other days); and
    3. reduce my celebration meals to 2 x per week - and tighten up any other "treats" (i.e. eliminate, if possible).

Wish me luck!!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I want to accomplish in ten weeks. I AM wanting to reduce body fat. I'm currently at 26.7 %. Eventually I'd like to be more like 20, or even 19%. That would put me around 145-147. Currently I'm 157.2. It has been coming down since I started lifting; it's just really slow. I'm not sure how I can amp that up while doing NROL4W.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I really would like to lose a total of 15 pounds but I will shoot for half of that.

Goal: 7-8 pound loss

1. increase my cardio (haven't been doing as much since I started heavy lifting)
    2. DEcrease calories on non lifting days by 200
    3. eliminate sweets as much as possible. Eat sugar free fudgesicles instead :bigsmile:
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I want to have what I consider "burly shoulders" but I don't know how to quantify that lol
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Beeps I'm copying your format

To aim for success at this 10-week challenge, I will:

1. reduce my daily calories to 1800
    2. reign in my weekend eating - it can get out of control on carbs.
    3. Take my rest weeks when needed - this is hard for me.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    My goal is to get to 30.9% body fat (I'm currently 35.9%).
    Failing that, a loss of 7lbs will do!
  • autumn_mix
    autumn_mix Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great idea, Beeps! In the next ten weeks I will attempt to:

1) Do more HIIT and cardio in general (walking more as the weather gets nice, steady-state and HIIT cardio workouts on non-lifting days)
    2) Increase protein consumption
    3) Decrease frequency and amount of treat foods (though Sunday is my birthday, and girl will want some cake)

...I don't think I will set an exact bodyfat % goal for the ten weeks, but I would like to lose 6-8 lbs.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    In 10 weeks, I'd like to finish Stage 1, and maybe Stage 2, if I stay on a schedule of lifting 3x/week.

I'd also like to lose 10 lb. or comfortably fit into a pair of Levis Size 14 jeans, fresh out of the dryer.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'll join this challenge! :smile:

I also have 10 lbs. I'd like to lose, so I'll be cutting down to 1600 calories. I don't know if this will get me the 10 lb. loss, but I won't complain about any loss.

I also need to cut out my Diet Cokes. :sad: I don't want to, but I have to, so I'll be weaning myself off them.:ohwell:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I really would like to lose a total of 15 pounds but I will shoot for half of that.

Goal: 7-8 pound loss

1. increase my cardio (haven't been doing as much since I started heavy lifting)
    2. DEcrease calories on non lifting days by 200
    3. eliminate sweets as much as possible. Eat sugar free fudgesicles instead :bigsmile:

#1 completed . I didn't wanna though. Sore from yesterday lifting.
    #2 and #3 we'll see. Today is son's 17th birthday.
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would like to stay consistent with my diet and exercise for the next 10 weeks. I assume some weight loss will happen as a result. So I am going to:

1. Log food intake every day.
    2. Keep weekly food intake at or below 10500 (that's 1500 a day X 7)
    3. NROLW at least 2x a week, walk 30 minutes at least 2x a week.
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea. My goals is to lose 10# or BF%. I'm not sure what a reasonable goal is for BF% but I think I'll recognize it if I get there.

1. Be more consistent with NROL4W
    2. Increase my cardio training
    3. Cut my sodium intake (I eat out too much, need to start packing my lunch)
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in! For the next 10 weeks I will:
    Continue current regimen of 3 days strength,1 yoga, 2 cardio.
    Continue to eat 1800 and possibly up to 2000 on hard workout days
    Drink more water. Really fall short on this. I drink coffee in the morning and then very little the rest of the day.
    My hope is: move closer to pre-pregnancy (that baby will be 4! in November) weight of 127. Drop BF% which based on online calculator currently 27%. Would like this to be closer to low 20's. Will try to get caliper done to assess then reassess but at least I know starting measurements. Yea new goal setting:happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think I'll try and kick off this challenge with today being a lower-calorie day. I know we are having a bit of a spontaneous "party" tomorrow evening, at our house, so that would make tomorrow (likely) a higher-calorie day.

I'll try and do a *normal* calorie day on Sunday.

And then I'll really PLAY with the zig-zagging thing starting on Monday.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Just started the program but here are my personal goals:

1. Eat more beans.
    2. Go to bed at a decent hour (by 11 pm)
    3. Give up the sugar cereal. It's been 5 days where I've only had a cup a day which is down from 3 cups a day. I'd love to give it up completely!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    wth, mstawnya, is that picture YOUR ABS???????????

If so, holy crikey, woman, you have an AWESOME PHYSIQUE!!

Sheesh....good for you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, it's probably asking A LOT of myself to try and get YOUR abs on MY body during this 10-week-challenge, huh??????????

Wowzers!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    wth, mstawnya, is that picture YOUR ABS???????????

If so, holy crikey, woman, you have an AWESOME PHYSIQUE!!

Sheesh....good for you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, it's probably asking A LOT of myself to try and get YOUR abs on MY body during this 10-week-challenge, huh??????????

Wowzers!

Um, you just made my year! Yep, my abs (in the morning, after peeing, pre-food & water). They have a nice lil layer of mommy skin (I have 3 daughters), but they are getting better with time. My lower half is another story.....Hoping this New Rules stuff will help with all that. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Okay, I'm doing a lower calorie day, today....no matter how I slice it, I HAVE body fat to lose - and I really want to focus on that (and lifting heavy), so nutrition just has to be absolutely perfect for these 10 weeks, I think. I used to feel that I could cheat a little here and cheat a little there, but the truth is - then I do NOT get what I 'really want' because I can see the layer of fat that is hiding my generous muscles!!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'd like to join this! Hopefully its okay if I'm a couple days late getting in....

In the next 10 weeks my basic goals are to lose weight and body fat. I'd like to go for 10 lbs, I'm not really sure what to expect for body fat as this is the first time I've tracked it but my start is 25.6%. My plan is to be diligent with my logging and I've adjusted my setting to 1700 calories a day plus eating back exercise calories (this method just works better for me than eating level calories every day).

I've really been struggling with the little cheats as well. It was fine when I was eating low cal but I've more or less figured out that it is ruining my deficit on the higher calorie diet to the point where I fear I'm actually starting to legitimately gain weight. I really have to be strict about my portions and little bites of things here and there.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    alright here are my goals for the next 10 weeks.
    i just started and am doing the program 2 days per week and body pump the 3rd day each week.

goal #1 - drop to 20% body fat. currently at 21.8%
    goal #2 - complete stage 1 and start stage 2
    goal #3 - become consistent in doing cardio on off days (with different forms: swimming, running, elliptical)