Hardest Week?

Options
2»

Replies

• spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have been scared of every week as they come - tomorrow I complete W4D3. I am terrified of W5D3 - I can't believe that in one week from tomorrow I'll be expected to run 20 minutes straight!
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    today was tough (week 6 day 1) only because i haven't run for a week. having my boyfriend visit for the first and last time for a couple of months put my running schedule on the back burner. i don't know if it was the combination of the humidity, running in circles at the track when i usually do the straight boardwalk, or just being out of it for the week.... but i could not get through my running intervals without stopping to walk. week 5 day 3 was a total letdown. once i saw what it wanted me to do, i tried my hardest but i just couldn't get there. i wound up leaving the boardwalk early and going home. all this time i've been so proud of myself and i feel like i'm slipping back down the huge mountain i've been climbing.
  • ashley2611
    ashley2611 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have just finished week 4 and I think it was the hardest week for me so far. I think I may do another day. Today I ran outside, but I usually run on a treadmill.
  • nightnurse2
    nightnurse2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I did week 5 day 3 two days ago. Like you, on day 2 I thought it was pretty tough and like there was no way in hell that I'd be able to go 20 minutes without stopping. I fully intended to repeat day 2 and maybe try to add some at the end if I was able. I've been repeating frequently, and week 4 was especially tough for me. Something got into me though and spur of the moment I decided to go for it. I was able to do the 20 minutes without much difficulty at all. I did slow down my speed by .2 mph about halfway (or maybe earlier) through. It all seemed mental to me rather than physical. Once past 10 minutes I can't describe the feeling of joy I got because I knew I was going to finish it..I think I had a grin on my face the whole last half, even as it got harder toward the end, maybe an alternating grin/grimace lol. Oddly the only thing that was giving me any discomfort was that I got a bit of a ache in my back. I still can't believe that I did it, having not run since I was a teenager some 30 years ago or so. I felt like Rocky dancing on the top of the steps at the end :laugh:

I don't know if I"ll get to the point where I really enjoy the running itself, but the sense of achievement this program has given me is something I really need. Let us know how it goes :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Great going!
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to repeat week one. Can't make it through all the jogging parts yet, but it is getting better and I knocked 2 min off my best time for this loop today. So I'll take that as a victory and just keep repeating W1D3 until I can jog all the jogging bits. I did 6 of the 8 jogs today.
  • 1213shell
    1213shell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I repeated WK6D2 for three weeks -- I just couldn't get psychologically get past that. My PT told me he was confident I could move on but to do it when I was ready. My goal was to move on this week so.....I did WK6D3 yesterday and felt so good, I ran WK7D1 this mornin :D.