Camsmommy
Sonya (sonyachan)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Paul (pjyoung2012)
Sara Grace (saragrace82)
Susan (susieq101178)
Jackie (jaxygirl)

Let's have a round of applause for our challengers!!! Did I miss anyone? Let me know if I messed up your name or if you have a shorter nickname you would like to go by.

Our weekly total was 2,276 minutes for all those who reported a weekly total! We were down about 500 minutes this week. I know quite a few of those were mine. *sheepish grin* So let's kick it up this week!

**Edit (5:15PM PST): New total: 2541 minutes!! With Melissa's minutes we are only down 272 minutes. I know we'll have at least one more person checking in today. Go 30s!

**Edit (6:18PM PST): New total: 2745 minutes!! And a new finisher! Yay, Jackie (jaxygirl)!!! Now we are only 67 minutes off from last week. Some research shows me that when Cristi checks in we will make it!

This week I am introducing a three challenge system: Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners), Fitness Buff (Intermediate), and Fitness Elites (Advanced)

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

--To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday!
(8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

(Let me know if you would like other + challenges added in. Is there something you are struggling with where a little extra motivation might help?)

So what is your weekly goal? Fitness Enthusiast? Fitness Enthusiast+? Fitness Buff? Fitness Buff+? Fitness Elite? or Fitness Elite+?

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Stacy - 225 days
    Kelli - 100 days
    Erica - 85 days
    Ellie - 80 days
    Debbie - 70 days
    camsmommy - 50 days
    Susan- 35 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Otherwise I won't know if you missed a day since your last check in... Or we can do this differently if you guys have other ideas.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Does this challenge look ok?

I am going for Elite+ this week!! Better get crackin'!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a big difference between the two, lol! My hurt neck is not going to help me at all! I guess this will motivate me to do something every day!

Today I'm at 70 days consecutive :smile: And hit 45 minutes of cardio. No lifting to rest my neck. Already at 10 cups of water!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Last week I logged in a total of 265minutes. I am sitting here (studying for a test I have later) and daydreaming of skipping the gym tonight and I realize that I won't make it to the Elite+ goal if I do. Just the motivation I need to finish up class tonight and take my butt straight to the gym! I drink the water anyways so I will shoot for the 360minutes.

Elite+ is my goal for the week!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I hit 85 days yesterday.

I'll be shooting for Enthusiast+. Better start drinking (and logging) my water. :laugh:
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow! Elite exceeds my personal goal, but I managed to get in a little over 300 this past week even with feeling super lazy on the weekend so what the heck . . . I'll go for it! Elite+!!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm up for a challenge. One question: Is that 8 cups of water? Which ever is goning to be a struggle. I only drink 2 cups in the 9 hours I'm at work.:huh: Let's see how this works out!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm up for a challenge. One question: Is that 8 cups of water? Which ever is goning to be a struggle. I only drink 2 cups in the 9 hours I'm at work.:huh: Let's see how this works out!

Welcome, and yes, that's water! :wink: You can blame me for that one . . . :blushing:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm certainly up for that challenge. I'm not on nights this week which will cut down on my cycling. Will have to suppliment that with the gym. Plus i'll be staying with my fiance next weekend so this for this week my focus will have to be strong. As for the water that's not a problem. I'm so anal when it comes to water it drives my better half mad :-).
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Would we like to drop the required Elite minutes a bit?

We could try 45 minutes 6 times a week for 270 minutes total? FInding a good balance between challenging and possible is important.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Oh, and one week I would like our +challenge to be about fruits and vegetables. How many would you need to eat daily to "challenge yourself"? I found that 7-10 servings was a good challenge. Though lately I have really been slacking...
  • shorty313
    Options
    re: veggies - I shoot for 5-6 1/2 cup servings, so that would be a good challenge for me!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Would like to participate in the challenge this week. Really feeling the need for accountability!!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I am in for the elite+ challenge. The water intake is going to be a challenge for me since I am returning to work tomorrow (after being off for 4 weeks) and drinking during the day is hard. Workouts are also going to be a challenge this week with getting back into a routine of work, working out, meal prep, kiddo duties, etc. I am all in though!
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Maybe lowering it a little bit, or adding in a middle ground of 45 minutes a day???
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    How about an intermediate level that splits the difference with 235 minutes? Hmmm, needs a clever name...
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'll take the mid+

not so good with the clever names myself....
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    I am gonna label it "Fitness Buff". Let me know if you come up with something better. I also considered "addict" "junkie" or "aficionado."

We could also do enthusiast (beginner), buff (intermediate), and virtuoso (advance) for three levels that sort of build on each other... Maybe I am over thinking this... ;-)
  • shorty313
    Options
    I'm in for intermediate + then, the elite is just not gonna happen, at least this week with a cranked neck :angry: Even still that will be a stretch, in a good way!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Welcome, and yes, that's water! :wink: You can blame me for that one . . . :blushing:

Thanks! Here we go! I'm going for Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise. The Fitness Elites + will be a plus. I better get to drinking.:drinker: