Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK where we speak a different version of the same language, have different measurements and food labelling that doesn't include fiber in the carbohydrates.

I'm 51 and a guy, and that isn't me in the picture. He was a volunteer in the Minnesota starvation experiment who was fed 1585 calories a day with 69.4% from carbs, poor man.

I am aiming to get to 168 lbs by the end of June. Currently about 174 down from 200 at New Year. 5'-10".

I'm an Atkins follower by and large and eat less than 30g of carbohydrate per day (that's "net carbs in American)
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK where we speak a different version of the same language, have different measurements and food labelling that doesn't include fiber in the carbohydrates.

I'm 51 and a guy, and that isn't me in the picture. He was a volunteer in the Minnesota starvation experiment who was fed 1585 calories a day with 69.4% from carbs, poor man.

I am aiming to get to 168 lbs by the end of June. Currently about 174 down from 200 at New Year. 5'-10".

I'm an Atkins follower by and large and eat less than 30g of carbohydrate per day (that's "net carbs in American)

Welcome Yarwell! That poor man in the picture - I honestly thought he was maybe a holocaust camp survivor, he looks so darn painfully thin....

Best of luck in your LC journey!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Yarwell. I am so glad that is not you in that picture! :) I'm working on lowering my carbs so i'm not maintaining, but losing (slowly). Currently I'm at around 50-75 net carbs/day. I may need to change it to 30-50, but want to see if this works first.

Good luck on your journey!
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yarwell, WELCOME to the group.
    I am like Res, I thought the pic was of a holocuast survivor too.

I think everyone here is watching carbs in one fashion or another.

Yarwell, I posted another thread in the discussion area and working toward getting all of us posting there sooo come on down and join us.