Jillian Micheals advice - rant

Options
2»

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Imagine what she could do by telling the truth. I love her Body Rev and 30DS. When I read the meal plan for Body Rev I was shocked. How many women out there are killing themselves doing this system, expecting to look like her while eating like a bird? Irresponsible. There is nothing about educating yourself or even trusting your own judgement if you feel like you're running on nothing. Just eat some celery...if you're feeling kind of splurgy you could go nuts and eat some BROCCOLI! WTH kind of life is that? You want to teach us how to exercise? Wonderful. You got that nailed. If you're not willing to put the power to properly care for ourselves into the hands of the people buying your way of life then stick to the jumping jacks. Defer the rest to an actual nutritionist who's as passionate about teaching people to eat well as you are about HIIT.
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Imagine what she could do by telling the truth. I love her Body Rev and 30DS. When I read the meal plan for Body Rev I was shocked. How many women out there are killing themselves doing this system, expecting to look like her while eating like a bird? Irresponsible. There is nothing about educating yourself or even trusting your own judgement if you feel like you're running on nothing. Just eat some celery...if you're feeling kind of splurgy you could go nuts and eat some BROCCOLI! WTH kind of life is that? You want to teach us how to exercise? Wonderful. You got that nailed. If you're not willing to put the power to properly care for ourselves into the hands of the people buying your way of life then stick to the jumping jacks. Defer the rest to an actual nutritionist who's as passionate about teaching people to eat well as you are about HIIT.

^^^^^^^^^ You rock. Well said.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I posted about this today, as well! Jillian Michaels, I am disappointed. You can't tell me she eats 1200. She has to be eating much more to feed those muscles.. No wonder we all think we need to starve to be healthy... :(

^^ this is the part that disgusts me most!!! SHe HAS to know better.

Its as if the mainstream fitness world has decided that we are all in this for the short term, so they preach as if there is only one way to lose weight and neglect to inform the necessity of food. Workout, but don't eat! It seems so ridiculous now...hindsight is 20/20! Thank good was there are some critical thinkers in the world who challenge that "norm!"
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I posted about this today, as well! Jillian Michaels, I am disappointed. You can't tell me she eats 1200. She has to be eating much more to feed those muscles.. No wonder we all think we need to starve to be healthy... :(
    In her book "Master your Metabolism" she talks about how she used to obsess over every calorie and ate 1200 calories. Then she found out her metabolism was screwed up and she now eats 2000 a day.

wow. Not cool.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Forget all the fad diets for a moment and just focus on the basics

Sounds Like Jillian has forgotten she is nothing more than a Fad diet herself..
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    i haven't watched or read too much about Jillian, but i have seen that she advises around 1500 for women when they are doing her workouts or other semi-strenuous workouts. i've come across this advice of hers in a handful of 'fitness' type magazines, etc. what she seemed to have put on her FB page didn't take into account (or mention) adding in exercise.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I think maybe she didn't write that all that well and we might have misunderstood her. I listen to her podcast quite a bit and usually she is talking about NET calories. Maybe she just forgot to write NET or thought it would be too long to explain what that means, it was a Facebook status update after all.

Not that I'm trying to defend Jillian. Just saying...
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think maybe she didn't write that all that well and we might have misunderstood her. I listen to her podcast quite a bit and usually she is talking about NET calories. Maybe she just forgot to write NET or thought it would be too long to explain what that means, it was a Facebook status update after all.

Not that I'm trying to defend Jillian. Just saying...

I am a fan of Jillian's and therefore would like to give benefit of the doubt...however, she got TONS of comments questioning her status and asking about net calories and going below your BMR etc...and she did not take the time to reply. I know she is one busy lady but when you post advice on your Facebook and get that many questions you should address them. I know she has done that in the past. I don't listen to her podcasts so I have no idea what she says in them, but I hope she does address net calories in them.

In my opinion someone that is most known for her workouts and not necessarily for her nutritional advice she should ALWAYS address net calories because those following her advice are more then likely using her workouts or have in the past.