NROLFW vs P90X?

2»

Replies

• Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    If you have a Gold's Gym near you, my membership with NO CONTRACT is $5/week. For me, this seems crazy cheap :). I have no excuse not to go but definitely wish I had the equipment at home when I cannot go during the day.

I haven't tried P90X but am finishing Stage 1 of NROLFW. It's pretty fun. Just an idea of Workout 1: Squats, rows, pushups, ab-work on yoga ball, step ups. That's it!

Elizabeth

Sounds like a breeze compared to an hour of pushups and pull ups like I did yesterday with P90X! Where do I sign up?? haha!!

Actually the gym membership wouldn't be so bad at $5/week, but with my schedule I find that if I have to drive somewhere to work out, I tend to work out less. :frown: the added 1/2 hr or hour it takes in drive/prep time just feels so inefficient and makes it harder to squeeze in a workout. Plus I'm a bit of an introvert...prefer not to have people around me when I work out or I tend to not work out as hard cause I feel so uncomfortable.

However, it sounds like a lot of it can be done at home up to a certain level. At that point when I get stalled in my progress because I don't have a squat rack or something I will have to make a decision one way or another what I want to do I guess. I've talked to my husband about it and he's promised to think about a bench and barbell at least for now. I have a lot of the other smaller equipment already. (although he's freaking out that I'm going to turn into some muscle bound crazy woman....not sure what's up there) sigh.

Yeah, what's up with that is right? You'd think he'd encourage your desire to get more fit! Mine is fairly supportive, but now I want to rearrange the entire basement......He sees more work in his future- LOL. My oldest son is into trains and has a HUGE layout taking up so much space.

As far as a bench, I bought a bench from Walmart- it was $48 I think. It's this one
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Utility-Bench/11993394

I really wanted this one because it has a free moving bench and separate squat stand with great reviews, but it's been out of stock forever and I can't find it anywhere else.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-XRS-20-Bench/5280822

I was looking at the X-factor door system for the purpose of doing lats. From reading about it, if you can get it to fit a door properly, it's a great tool, but it seems lots of people have trouble with it fitting. It's also not that cheap, $95 or something. I could invest in a proper lat machine for not a ton more!
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member

Yeah, what's up with that is right? You'd think he'd encourage your desire to get more fit! Mine is fairly supportive, but now I want to rearrange the entire basement......He sees more work in his future- LOL. My oldest son is into trains and has a HUGE layout taking up so much space.

As far as a bench, I bought a bench from Walmart- it was $48 I think. It's this one
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Utility-Bench/11993394

I really wanted this one because it has a free moving bench and separate squat stand with great reviews, but it's been out of stock forever and I can't find it anywhere else.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-XRS-20-Bench/5280822

I was looking at the X-factor door system for the purpose of doing lats. From reading about it, if you can get it to fit a door properly, it's a great tool, but it seems lots of people have trouble with it fitting. It's also not that cheap, $95 or something. I could invest in a proper lat machine for not a ton more!

Thanks for the suggestions! Never fails that the stuff that actually works is out of stock or they stop making it. :grumble: One of my pet peeves!

I think my husband wants to be supportive...just not quite sure why he's balking at it. He uses the example of a friend of mine who's a personal trainer and he says she looks like a boy now. Well, she did cut her hair short but still! She's not walking around looking like Arnie or something... So, either he's worried I'll get more fit than him (possible since I work out and he doesn't and I'm already more 'fit' in a lot of ways) or he really isn't attracted to the body type of 'cut' women? prefers softer? I don't know. Whatever the reason, I'm a pretty independent, strong-headed, opinionated girl so I'll choose the body I want anyways...lol. He loves me dearly and he's usually quite supportive. This is a bit of a surprise to be honest.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    OP - Thanks for the post! This is wonderful information. Good luck to you on your new adventure!