looking for T2 friends

Options
fishbarn
fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
Hi All
I’m looking for some T2 diabetic friends. I was diagnosed last January with T2. I have about 95 pounds to lose. So I’m pretty new at this. I’m still learning what I need to do & when. But, I will get there somehow. Any friend request, help or support would be great.

Replies

• poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sending you a request. I've been here a week so far, and we T2's need to encourage each other.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    There's some really good info in the "Diabetes and weight loss" thread. If you haven't had a chance yet, check it out. Also, my favorite websites are: http://www.diabetes.org/ and WebMd.com.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sending a friend request. I've been T2 for 5 years or so. Runs in my family and I'm hoping the weight loss and excercise habits I pick up now will get me under total control without medications.
  • computercarl
    computercarl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    reddit.com/r/diabetes and there is a chat button on the right. come hang out.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    hello friend i am also t2
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm another member of the club no one wants to join. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been T2 since last year...ive lost 58lbs since then but BG still way high and a1c rising. Feel free to friend me. Good luck in your journey.
  • beesmum
    beesmum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    tsazani wrote: »
    Add me. I'm DM2. I'm pretty knowledgeable about how to lower IR (insulin resistance).

That does seem to be the key - wish I'd come to it before I became T2D rather than 10+ years after I discovered it....

I would highly recommend the Low Carbers Daily group on MFP - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    add me if you want. I've been type 2 for a long time but ignored it most of the time until this January when I noticed my post meal blood sugars getting over 400 on occasion. My A1C was a 7.0 % at that time but since then I've reduce it to 5.4 % but still trying to work on reducing my insulin requirements. Closely monitoring my blood sugars has also helped me to lose 66 pounds this year (so far) since I'll get hungry (especially for carbs) if my blood sugar gets too low OR too high.
  • Yadagoy
    Yadagoy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been T2 for a while now, and I've been terrible about taking care of myself for the last couple of years. I'm looking to get back on track. Add me if you want.