Phase 1 Induction

Options
13»

Replies

• lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I did this diet for a month and lost19 lbs. fell off the wagon big time this las couple of months, with summer vacation. I want to start again so I would like to join this group for support.

How do I modify the setting here so I ban make keep track of net carb or take the measurements like 60% fat, 35% protein & 5% carbs. Pls help, thanks

My Home
    Goals
    Change Goals
    Custom

Make your changes and save!

Welcome!
  • penj35
    penj35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi My Name is Penny. I have been on the Atkins before i lost 20 pounds doing it than i stalled with my weight so i just gave up on it but i am now deciding to be on it again so i am starting phase 1 today . The only thing i worry about is that i am a runner i love to run and i run 2 to 3 miles a day so is doing the phase 1 going to make it hard for me to do my run ? Any suggestions?
  • roadnottraveled
    Options
    Wow.. Just getting started and finding the 20 carb limit nearly impossible to achieve. Congrats to those who are making that work! I'm planning to keep at it and hopefully get there too. :)
  • angiepower
    angiepower Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all I started Atkins 7 days ago and pleased to say I've lost 3lbs ....love Atkins ....so easy to follow....I did a few vodkas last weekend ....but I'm in it for the long haul...keep up the good work everyone xx
  • CTgirlLIZ
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I started 5 days ago and down 7 pounds. The first 2 days were very hard.. but now it seems ok. And I'm not even craving so much junk food. I think the hardest thing was my sugary-french vanilla coffee every morning! AHH! Egg omelets are my BFF's now.

My short term goal is to lose 20 pounds by the beginning of Sept... so I've got 14 more to go. Lots of luck to all of us!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Just getting started and finding the 20 carb limit nearly impossible to achieve. Congrats to those who are making that work! I'm planning to keep at it and hopefully get there too. :)

its not impossible. the majority of your carbs should be from veggies.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I see a number of newbies her in the last few days so I'm going to plug my blog post in hopes that it helps you get through some rough spots.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LowcarbNY/view/the-science-behind-rapid-weight-loss-during-the-1st-week-or-so-of-low-carb-i-e-induction-and-why-it-eventually-slows-down-348757
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    OMG I am full of energy!!

Done 6 days in phase 1 now, all going well, I still have a drop of semi skimmed with my tea though, but thats it. Dropped 5lbs so far, not sure how much of that, if any, is fat. But my jeans feel slightly looser, and my lab coat feels loose too (Im a lab scientist)

Have sorted the headaches by sprinkling a touch of salt on my meals. I have been approximating my carb intake, and sadly I cannot get in more than 1000 cals a day. Partly because the protein fills me up a treat and partly because I have a gastric band. But either way it seems to be working for me. So I shall carry on.
  • phinners
    Options
    Oh yeah, how long will I have breath like horse****?? I can barely speak to my patients and colleagues, and husband!
  • CTgirlLIZ
    Options
    Oh yeah, how long will I have breath like horse****?? I can barely speak to my patients and colleagues, and husband!

Way to go on your weight loss!! LOL, I have gross breath too.. maybe keep a travel size listerene in your lab coat and swish and spit throughout the day? humm... I'm home... my kids can just deal with my breath. lolol
  • LowcarbNY
    Options

Altoids mini's
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    my breath tends to be worse if im not drinking enough water. I try and get 115 oz. a day, but on days I don't I can smell the ketosis much stronger on my body and breath...yukky....:sick: but it's kinda worth it...so ....lol yay?!:drinker:
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    my breath tends to be worse if im not drinking enough water. I try and get 115 oz. a day, but on days I don't I can smell the ketosis much stronger on my body and breath...yukky....:sick: but it's kinda worth it...so ....lol yay?!:drinker:

I agree. I only have breath issues if I don't get my gallon in. I know it's a lot, but it makes a HUGE difference. My skin is really benefiting too! I live at a very high altitude that is dry and I go through a bottle of lotion a week. Since I've been drinking a gallon a day, I only need it morning and night. I know it may not sound like a big deal..... trust me, it is! I also think my increase of fat has helped my skin too.

Water trick for who may be interested:

I get pebble ice from our market butcher. Have you had the tiny ice from places like Sonic in your drinks? I love the stuff and will drink/chew it all day. I noticed it's the same stuff that our butcher uses in his display case. He sells it to me for $2.00 a 10 lb bag. I buy 6 bags a week and we go through every bit of it. I actually get freaked out if we are getting low (ridiculous yes, but it is that important to me!) I did make sure it came in NO contact with any meat/fish stuff, The machine is even in a different room due to health code. I love it and my whole family is benefiting huge! :drinker:
  • caraiselite
    Options
    wow i've never thought of using that snow.. how interesting!
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I gotta second the little sugar free peppermind altoids....I'm sure my coworkers and patients are much happier...lol.
  • phinners
    Options
    Thanks folks. Today I bought some sugar free gum and a mini travel bottle of breath freshener, I'm going to hide them in my lab coat pocket!!

Went to dinner last night, I had chicken in bacon, veggies, mayo, sauce, and Blossom Hill white wine (as a low carb site said it was carb free), though I did have a couple of mouthful of my toddlers ice cream, and 3/4 of a chip!

Seem to be down 8lbs as off today! I bought a UK size 14 skirt to celebrate, and it fits!!

Also I am horrendous for not taking in enough fluids, I just cant force it down! Im not thirsty! I doubt I take more than 1l a day in, more like 0.5 probably.
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    The one before that written by Dr.Atkins in 2000, is the best I think.

hello sicchi and other atkins fans.

does anyone know the name of this book? i wanna find it on amazon, but there are about a zillion choices.

thanks! i am stalled on week 3/4 induction and i think it is the net carbs that is doing it. too many veggies/fruits.

rusty
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Rusty, read the faq in the Low Carb Living group. please.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/514087-atkins-rules-and-regulations it will help you.

Honestly, you are not stalled, you have not been even close to legal. Way to many non-induction excursions ( cup of cherries ...)
    Not legal of induction.
    Induction is supposed to be 2 weeks. Then you graduall raise your carbs. 5g/week until you find your CCLL Critical Carbohydrate Level for Losing (the level of carbs at which you stop losing) . Then you back of from that number and continue with OWL Ongowing Weight Loss until you get close to your goal.

Stalled, is when you have been 100% legal, done everything correct, no cheats, logged every condiment and packet of sweet-n-low, drank your water, and still the scale has not moved in a MONTH.

My wife uses Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution isbn 0-06-001203-X avon books (2002) . I have an older version but don't have my hands on it right now.
  • aleshai
    aleshai Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13 of induction and haven't lost weight, but I have lost some inches. My food diary is open, I started atkins on July 24th and really do like eating this way. I might have to lower my calories b/c I am never hungry and may be eating too much. I have been in ketosis every day since July 26th too.
  • caraiselite
    Options
    The one before that written by Dr.Atkins in 2000, is the best I think.

hello sicchi and other atkins fans.

does anyone know the name of this book? i wanna find it on amazon, but there are about a zillion choices.

thanks! i am stalled on week 3/4 induction and i think it is the net carbs that is doing it. too many veggies/fruits.

rusty

a lot of people do strict induction until they've lost their weight.

but you've deactivated your account so nevermind.