Weight Gain Update

Options
rachel0923
rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
How much has everyone gained at this point?

I'm 20 weeks along and gained 3.5 lbs. I'm happy with it, since with each of my other pregnancies I had gained 14-15 at this point. But I also started those pregnancies about 30 lbs lighter!

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am almost 14 weeks and I gained 6 but have lost 1 this weekend!! 5 is a lot to gain in the 1st trimester but last time I had already gained 20 so I am very happy with 5!!! I want to keep it under 40 total!! I gained 70 last time :(
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    30 weeks and 14lbs so far.
  • kya101
    kya101 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am 13 weeks and have already gained 9 lbs :( I don't know how it was possible to gain so much when I have hardly ate and throw everything up :( BUT I have only been able to stomache carbs and wasn't logging in. SO now I am working out again and eating way better. Hopefully I won't gain anything this trimester, or least very little!
  • I am 23w and have lost 4lbs with the help of a dietitian. I gained 80lbs for my first child so I have the extra weight to take off safely. Hopefully in the end when I pop I lose 20-30lbs in baby and after birth. Here's Hopeing :)

3.5lbs in 20weeks is really good! (thumbs up)
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ugh. 28 lbs at 26 weeks. I gained a lot in the 1st trimester this time around and it just keeps creeping on no matter what I do. Bah! Great job ladies!
  • tristinasmith
    tristinasmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am about 27 weeks and Ive gained about 12.5 pounds..this is my first so I am not sure what is really normal but I started at about 135.00 pounds with about 5 pounds extra than what I needed and i weighed in at 147 pounds at the doctor yesterday! yay! Keep up the good work ladies!
  • amandalynn636
    amandalynn636 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    26 lbs at 17 weeks:( I gained 20 lbs the first week after I found out that I was pregnant, that is no lie or exaggeration. I was on several different medicines and quit them all cold turkey and I think it just threw my body out of whack. That was when I was 5 weeks along, so In the last 12 weeks I have only gained 6 lbs...that, I am happy about. With my first child I gained 115 lbs so I am doing a lot better with this one. I have also started getting out and walking 2.5 miles every night, so that helps some.
  • broox80
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!!!!! Almost 15 weeks and still at 5 pounds!!!! I am really proud of myself!!! This time last pregnancy I had already gained over 20 pounds!!!!!
  • broox80
    Options
    26 lbs at 17 weeks:( I gained 20 lbs the first week after I found out that I was pregnant, that is no lie or exaggeration. I was on several different medicines and quit them all cold turkey and I think it just threw my body out of whack. That was when I was 5 weeks along, so In the last 12 weeks I have only gained 6 lbs...that, I am happy about. With my first child I gained 115 lbs so I am doing a lot better with this one. I have also started getting out and walking 2.5 miles every night, so that helps some.

I gained over 70 (started at 200 keep in mind) with my first child 5 years ago. It is sooooooo easy to do!!!! Dont beat yourself up, I got all of my weight off that I gained with my 1st, and I am sure you wont get even close to where I did!!!!!
  • amandalynn636
    Options

I gained over 70 (started at 200 keep in mind) with my first child 5 years ago. It is sooooooo easy to do!!!! Dont beat yourself up, I got all of my weight off that I gained with my 1st, and I am sure you wont get even close to where I did!!!!!

Actually I gained 115 with my first one 5 years ago to end up at 285 lbs! I managed to lose 85 of it over the past 5 years but I am still starting off at 200. I am struggling with all of the weight I have gained so far but I know that it could be ALOT worse. With my first one, i don't think there was one doctor's visit that I didn't gain in the double digits. And I am walking 2.5 miles almost everyday this time, and I am more aware of what I am putting in my mouth, so even if I managae to pack on the pounds, I should at least be healthier. I went to my doctor's appointment on Friday and afterwards my husband asked me how much I gained, I told him 5 pounds and I was upset with that. He reminded me that 5 lbs is better than 15..... oh, how true that is!!
  • broox80
    Options
    The hospital and my Dr. were HORRIBLE to me when I had my first child!!!!!! They anesthesiologist made comments about not being able to locate my spine because of my "immense size". He was no bean pole either!!!! One of the nurses announced out of my room that someone was going to have to go get the "big portable toilet" for me!!! I am going to make a reservation this time for all big crap. HELLO, I need the big potty, big girl panties, and screw you Mr. epidural man, I'm just going to suffer this time :sad:
  • amandalynn636
    Options
    The hospital and my Dr. were HORRIBLE to me when I had my first child!!!!!! They anesthesiologist made comments about not being able to locate my spine because of my "immense size". He was no bean pole either!!!! One of the nurses announced out of my room that someone was going to have to go get the "big portable toilet" for me!!! I am going to make a reservation this time for all big crap. HELLO, I need the big potty, big girl panties, and screw you Mr. epidural man, I'm just going to suffer this time :sad:

OMG!! That is horrible!I can't believe that they treated you that way. I had a very good experience, except they had to go and get me a bigger gown because the standard size was leaving little to the imagination! I am delivering at a different hospital this time because they closed the maternity ward at our local hospital, so hopefully I will have just as good of an experience. Although, my hormones have turned me into a bit of a b*tch, so I dare someone to say something negative to me about my weight!. Please don't forgo the epidural just because they were nasty to you the first time. If you are choosing to have a natural birth, that's great ( I give lots of kudos to you), but don't do it just because you had a bad experience. I hope you have a better experience this time!
  • J3ss1caD
    J3ss1caD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im 32 wks and have already gained 40lbs. I was a little distraught after my 24wk appt with my Dr. bc she made me feel horrible. I am typically a rather petite person and she fussed at me that I was gaining TOO much weight and that is why my back is hurting and that if I continue I wont be able to lose it. Well, I've gotten over it. I track what I eat on here and while I can't workout like I want to b/c of my back I don't stress so much over it. I know once the baby is out I'll be back to my normal working out self.

SCREW the rude Dr.'s!!!! ;P
  • broox80
    Options
    Im 32 wks and have already gained 40lbs. I was a little distraught after my 24wk appt with my Dr. bc she made me feel horrible. I am typically a rather petite person and she fussed at me that I was gaining TOO much weight and that is why my back is hurting and that if I continue I wont be able to lose it. Well, I've gotten over it. I track what I eat on here and while I can't workout like I want to b/c of my back I don't stress so much over it. I know once the baby is out I'll be back to my normal working out self.

SCREW the rude Dr.'s!!!! ;P
    Amen to that!!!! I got every bit of my weight off last time and I gained much more than you!! You will have it off in no time!!!! Congrats you are almost there!!!!!
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 weeks, started at 176 and am now at 186/187. I had two weeks where all I could eat was scones and french fries and pizza. At my 12 week appt I had gained 6 pounds, so in the last 3 weeks I've gained 4. I feel ok eating more veggies and healthier foods now so hopefully I can keep at this weight for a good while. My doctor only wants me to gain 15-20.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    13 weeks and gained about 4lbs. It is within the "normal" range, so I'm happy especially for the way I have been eating, which is usually at least 300-500 calories over most days! Baby is just hungry :)
  • mkexplorer
    mkexplorer Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 18 weeks and have gained 10 lbs. I hope I am on the right track, but I always gain too much. This calorie tracking should help this time around.
  • glimmer01
    glimmer01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 11ish weeks and have gained 1.4 pounds since I found out on April 21st. This is my 4th pregnancy and with all my other kids I was close to 200 lbs when I gave birth. My yougest is 10 and I had just lost 40 pounds when I found out I was pregnant. So with this pregnancy I really want to keep fit and healthy. Maybe it will make labor a little easier as well.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 13 weeks and I've gained about 5 lbs. I did not exercise like I wanted to the 1st trimester, but it took all I could to keep up with my 2 1/2 year old! I'm getting my energy back though
  • abloom33
    abloom33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I'm so glad I found this website and this group! I just joined today and i'm beyond thrilled to see all of your stories. I was really really really active before I got pregnant (softball, volleyball, running) and then boom I couldn't play anymore sports and I kind of freaked out in my first trimester about not going overboard on working out. Now I'm paying the price, I joined the Y and I've been doing water areobics and I'm back on the cardio machines as well. I'm up about 20lbs at 24 weeks and I feel horrible! I'm 5'7" and I was 163 when I started and I've always had horrible selfesteem about my weight. Hopefully with everyone's help and I'm getting back into my calorie counting I can hold off on gaining too much more weight! Good luck ladies!