Weight Gain Update

Options

Replies

• meghnaatluri
    meghnaatluri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weighed 156 before I got pregnant.I am in my 15th week and I am 151 now.I am so frightened that I am not able to put on weight.But,small portions fill me up and keep me full for 6 hours so that I am not able to eat more than 3 meals a day and maybe a snack.I am worried.Is this cause for concern???
  • eribooo
    eribooo Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm up 18 pounds at 27 weeks. I've been watching what I eat and tracking my carbs, so my gain has slowed down within the past three weeks.
    I had an appointment yesterday with one of the other OB's at the office, and she seemed surprised with my regular OB's weight plan for me. (He wanted me to lose 10lb to get down to 220, then slowly get back up to 230 at the end of my trimester) She said that as long as I'm eating good food, moving around, and keeping my BSugar in range, it should be ok because weight gain varies in pregnancy.
    I just don't know what to do. Is my regular OB a quack? Should I start seeing this woman instead?
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Booooooo:( that is my update!!!!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 weeks and up 9lbs. My nutritionist told me that half of that is water and the other half is fat.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    15lbs at 17 weeks! Disaster :(
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Those are great goals! Mine aren't that specific. Since I'm due middle of November I probably won't be able to do much until January. I'm hoping i can do some walking and maybe start a little strenght. In January I plan on doing Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid. I also want to do a tuff mudder, but I can't find anyone around me that wants to do it too :( Although i'm not really a runner, I might try to do some running too. Good luck to us :)

I plan to get in walking and hopefully some strength training until January too, then Turbo Fire and maybe even CLX too! What weights do you use for CLX?
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Those are great goals! Mine aren't that specific. Since I'm due middle of November I probably won't be able to do much until January. I'm hoping i can do some walking and maybe start a little strenght. In January I plan on doing Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid. I also want to do a tuff mudder, but I can't find anyone around me that wants to do it too :( Although i'm not really a runner, I might try to do some running too. Good luck to us :)

I plan to get in walking and hopefully some strength training until January too, then Turbo Fire and maybe even CLX too! What weights do you use for CLX?

I have some resistance bands for P90X and just got a little set of 3-8lbers for once I start back up again. Really looking forward to getting back into shape before going back to work...although I'm going to try and be reasonable, it takes a lot of work and not everyone can bounce back quickly...hoping I can though!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I weighed 156 before I got pregnant.I am in my 15th week and I am 151 now.I am so frightened that I am not able to put on weight.But,small portions fill me up and keep me full for 6 hours so that I am not able to eat more than 3 meals a day and maybe a snack.I am worried.Is this cause for concern???

If you are worried, I'd add a glass of milk or two - liquid, not too filling and GREAT for baby and you!
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Also try going for more calorically dense food so you get more calories without filling up as fast.
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Had my check-up today, 31 weeks tomorrow and up 28 lbs...oh well, I'll change my goal to keep it under 40 :wink:

No gain in the last two weeks though, probably because of how sick I've been...:sick:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    38 weeks, 30 lbs gained. Hopefully I won't gain more than another lb or 2 considering I am in the home stretch.

I have no idea how I gained this much considering I have had morning sickness (with vomiting!) the ENTIRE pregnancy.

I am so ready for labor!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm up 18 pounds at 27 weeks. I've been watching what I eat and tracking my carbs, so my gain has slowed down within the past three weeks.
    I had an appointment yesterday with one of the other OB's at the office, and she seemed surprised with my regular OB's weight plan for me. (He wanted me to lose 10lb to get down to 220, then slowly get back up to 230 at the end of my trimester) She said that as long as I'm eating good food, moving around, and keeping my BSugar in range, it should be ok because weight gain varies in pregnancy.
    I just don't know what to do. Is my regular OB a quack? Should I start seeing this woman instead?

I have no idea. I read in the "What to Expect..." book that no matter what you weighed prior to becoming pregnant, you need to eat healthy consistently because the baby can't get food from your fat stores. The book said that you shouldn't let yourself get hungry, because this means the baby is hungry--this is the opposite of what I was told previously.
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    23 weeks and gained 6.2lbs so far.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

I have the bowflex select tech weights and they are awesome for CLX.
  • jomiley23
    Options
    Week 16 - Starting weight 238. Current weight 239.5, fluctuating up or down daily, but this seems to be the average. Got accused Sunday at church of trying to lose weight while pregnant. Nope. Food diary will show otherwise. It was just a very flattering dress. Haven't exercised a bit. Tried the elliptical, and got motion sickness. I set my calories for maintenance, and that's what's happening. Very pleased, as is doc.
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    week 23- im at 146.2 started at 137.9 when i first got pregnant. and it has taken me FOREVER to gain weight. maybe this time when i go to the doc he wont be mad about my weight lol. tryin to stay at or around 20lbs gained for the whole pregnancy and i think im doing great!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    up 34.5lbs @ 29 weeks! Not sure what else to do!
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    *sigh* 32 weeks and 32 pounds - I have been eating HORRIBLY, I was sick for almost two weeks, then had the MIL for four days and my baby shower and now we're heading to the beach next week for vacation...oh well, just means I'm going to have to really kick my own butt into gear when the lil' boy arrives.

Guessing this is going to be a 40lb pregnancy
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    up 34.5lbs @ 29 weeks! Not sure what else to do!

Hey im up about 28lbs at 23 weeks. we seem to be on the exact same weight gain schedule or something. I dont know what else we can do now, I have found that maybe if i cook a lil more myself that could help. Even though i eat the healthiest thing i can find when we go out it is never as healthy as cooking it yourself. I know you have a super busy schedule, I also do with work and workouts and trying to make extra money for the time I have to take off work.

Maybe we can work together to find some recipes that can be made on the weekends and cooked during the week???
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm now a week from delivery and up 14 lbs. Had a terrible stomach bug last week and lost several lbs. I haven't worked out in probably at least a month because I started bleeding every time. I'm definitely happy with only 14 lbs for the pregnancy, I might be able to squeeze my thighs into my pre-pregnancy jeans in time to leave the hospital! lol.