WEEK #5 - SSS 13 Week Challenge - All Teams

Options
This is the new thread for week #5. The new exercise challenges are posted (yay!!) and the new spreadsheet is up. Don't forget to put your weight on the spreadsheet for this weekend and give yourself a point for each pound that you lost since last week - or DEDUCT a point from your overall total if you gained this week! YIKES! :ohwell:

I hope that everybody has had a chance to get out and buy 3 post cards ....... by Wednesday I hope to announce the winner of the challenge for April (we will have a winner each month to make it FUN!) and I want you all to drop a post card in the mail to the winner.... we will send out his/her address or PO box in a private message - so don't worry.

Please be very careful when putting your information on the spreadsheets - last week we had a couple of incidents where people put their numbers in the wrong column....... we have had several people drop out of this challenge and so I have deleted some of the columns.... please make sure you look for your name at the top of the column, not just the column letter (for example, column L ) .

Have a GREAT week everybody!

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    m00nflwr -

you can weigh in on either Saturday or Sunday - whichever day is best for you. I think that the spreadsheet has Sunday dates, but it is sometimes difficult to get everybody to have those numbers posted by Sunday night - so just make sure that you do it sometime over the weekend and I'm fine with that.......

quietlywinning -

I think that 1200 calories is too low......that's just my personal opinion, there's something where you fluctuate your calories each day to try to throw your body off - and I can't think of what that is called right now... but I'll send you some more information on that later today in a private message.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am sorry I am missing on the boards last week. I am moving my office and feeling very overwhelmed. It is a smaller space so I have to store some stuff at home and am trying to make space and keep it somewhat organized. So anyway, I kept up with walking and I ate under my calories this week -- my weight came back down from a slight gain from last weekend being away. I didn't drink the 12 glasses of water but made sure I at least got 8 in and the exercise challenge suffered. I still have today to see if I can catch up with any of these. We are moving more stuff today and I have a wedding to go to tonight so I will see what I can get done :smile:

Hopefully I will get back to posting each day next week. I start in my new office on Friday so I will still be dealing with the move for the beginning of the week.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    Dorie
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    This is silly, I know, but my ONLY real worry about doing the calorie.......fluctuations.......is how to log it and not look like I'm under calories one day and over the next. I want to always be under! Just because it looks better on paper and I can say "yes I was under calories" when I check in here. :laugh: I have wanted to try that method, though.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday and Happy Week 5!!!!!!!!!

Quietly Winning: The calorie alternating diet is one that I have tried before and it does help you from staying on a plateau, but I understand why it isn't what you want to do here on this "challenge" where you get points for being under. There is a good book called "The 17 Day Diet" and it is very effective in that you rotate cycles of eating every 17 days. The first 17 are very strict and limit simple carbs, but you eat yogurt 2x a day and fruits and veggies, so it isn't as limiting as Atkins and those high protein diets. Then the next 17 days, you have every other day where you add in some whole wheat bread or oatmeal, etc. I used it in January after the holidays to get rid of some pounds that I gained in December. You might want to "look" at it, even if you don't want to do it right now. (Oh, one more thing that diet recommends is having any fruit before 2PM each day. I have found that this has helped me a lot from craving sugary foods... and I do love fruit...I just have it early in the day now!)

Got my Saturday Challenge Exercises in today as well as a run to save up for this coming week when I will have less time.
    Good luck with WEEK 5, everyone!

Teresa: THANK you for getting all of this together...HOW are you feeling? I hope better!:flowerforyou: Kackie
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, Dorie. This week we can really get our focus back. I think you are doing great.

My strained back muscle is all better now and I am ready for a new week, new month and new numbers!
  • shapestocome
    Options
    I am right there with you, Dorie. This week we can really get our focus back. I think you are doing great.

My strained back muscle is all better now and I am ready for a new week, new month and new numbers!

Yes Shelle -we've got this!

Dorie
  • shapestocome
    Options
    This is silly, I know, but my ONLY real worry about doing the calorie.......fluctuations.......is how to log it and not look like I'm under calories one day and over the next. I want to always be under! Just because it looks better on paper and I can say "yes I was under calories" when I check in here. :laugh: I have wanted to try that method, though.

I totally understand your thinking -- what I do is set it to maintenance -- then as long as I am eating under maintenance I am eating to lose -- if you eat 250 under you should lose .5 pounds a week - 500 under 1 pound a week. I don't know if the calorie shifting you will go over maintenance at all but that should help some!

Dorie
  • tessanharris
    Options
    Let's have a rocking Week 5 guys!!
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a long weekend of camping. I had a wonderful time with friends and took a nice long hike today. But, this is a new week for me -- back to healthy eating and exercise!

Kelly
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was just checking out the weekly challenges and found several variations of the toe touch exercise for day 1. What's everyone else doing? Can you post a video for me? Thanks much!

Kelly
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

Exercise challenges: Did Saturdays
    Water: 12 glasses
    Under Calories: YES
    Walking challenge: Ran 2 miles, walked 1 mile but will chart this week on one of my busy days.

Have a great week 5, everyone!!!
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Week 5 here we go!

This one is shaping up to be super busy so I'm going to just do what I can. Tomorrow I turn in my very last paper for graduate school! Friday is graduation and my family is coming to town for the weekend. It's quite a whirlwind for the next couple of weeks!
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Sunday Day 1

Exercise Challenge: No, rest day!
    Water: 13
    Under Calories: Yes
    Walked: 5.3 miles (62.05/65) almost!
    Calores Burned: (11589/32500)
    Time Exercised: (1303/1950)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I had an awful day food-wise yesterday, going more than 2000 calories over my limit yikes! I cannot believe that happened. My mom wanted to go out to lunch, then my boyfriend wanted to go out to dinner. No home cooked meals for me yesterday :( Oh well, I refuse to fall off the wagon and will continue to do my best! Good luck everyone lets have a great week!
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    Week 5 Sunday

Exercise challenge- No
    Water-12cups
    Under calorie goal-Yes
    Walking challenge-4.49

Let's have a great week 5, everyone.....you are all doing fantastic!! Keep up the great work!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I was just checking out the weekly challenges and found several variations of the toe touch exercise for day 1. What's everyone else doing? Can you post a video for me? Thanks much!

Kelly

Kelly.... take a look at this one - its kinda what I had in mind.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Bv_0Shhc8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Teresa
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I took a serious rest day! I let this challenge just take over my life. Between lowering my walking/exercise for the last two days my back is feeling much better. I do have a competitive side to me. I have been changing my lifestyle since my cardiologist had to do an angiogram three years ago. At this time I am going to leave the challenge/group. I have a plan set in order by a team of doctors and I already push myself to the limit. I just need to focus on my own challenge. This group has been incredible and I have made some good friends. I know you will all do well. May the Lord bless you and keep you always :smile:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Sunday Day 1

Exercise Challenge: None today :)\
    Water: 12
    Under Calories: Yes
    Walked: 0
    Calores Burned: 0
    Time Exercised: 0

Wow, I think that's called a rest day! :O
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I took a serious rest day! I let this challenge just take over my life. Between lowering my walking/exercise for the last two days my back is feeling much better. I do have a competitive side to me. I have been changing my lifestyle since my cardiologist had to do an angiogram three years ago. At this time I am going to leave the challenge/group. I have a plan set in order by a team of doctors and I already push myself to the limit. I just need to focus on my own challenge. This group has been incredible and I have made some good friends. I know you will all do well. May the Lord bless you and keep you always :smile:

So sorry to see you go Nana_Anne but I totally understand. You need to do what's best for you. You'll always be on my friend list...so I'll be seeing you around. ((hugs)) Nance
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I will be sad to see you go! It is very important not to push yourself too hard. Health always comes first. I know you will continue to make great progress in your new challenge. The best of luck!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    o sweetie -- I totally understand :wink:
    you very much seem to have a competitive spirit so I have no doubt that you will succeed in this battle !!
    I cherish our friendship and will look forward to keeping an eyeball on your progress!!!!