A few things ladies need to know and accept

Options
Carl01
Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
If we as guys have put our necks on the chopping block of rejection a couple three times it is because we like you,not because our only goal is to get in your pants.
We can find that easily if we want but most of us do not want to do that,we like to have a women return the feeling.

We do not for the most part let fantasy blur with reality,while we can have dreams we are okay with what really happens in life.

Yes,there are times we just want sex with a lady we find desirable,so do a majority of women,get off the the high horse about that.

We do not compartmentalize our thinking to the point where we can believe two opposite things with equal veracity.

We love you more then life and would give ours in a heartbeat for the lady we care about,just don`t push us away when now and then life isn`t what you want it to be.

Once more putting on flame suit...like I give a crap.

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Honest and smart. You're a great guy, Carl.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I think a major problem with a lot of single women (myself included, at times), is that we treat men like they're the enemy and then get frustrated when they don't respond positively. It's gotten much easier, but I used to have to forcefully remind myself that a man is not the worst individual in the world just because he doesn't happen to like me back or even act the way I expect him to when we are in a relationship or just casually dating.

Love really shouldn't be a battlefield :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Options
    I know this seemed to be a rant and as I said on my news feed it was to some extant but also was an attempt to make people think about where they are.
    I have seen posters here say things completely contradictory to things they have posted previously.
    Also stating that some of their prerogatives are just what women do and should be accepted with no consideration that us men think differently and also should be accepted as we are.

All parties would go a long ways to understanding and accepting where we are different and honestly have not seen many ladies here willing to do that.

To me a relationship is not 50/50 but 100/100 where both give everything they have to each other.
    Maybe that is hopelessly and foolishly idealistic.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Carl,

Wise words as always.

The thing that struck me most is the hypocracy you feel on the forum from the ladies. I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm sorry about that. Would be interested in hearing more examples to understand better.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    The problem is, at least with me, is the men in past relationships. Cheaters and liars. All of them. I have yet to have one prove the male species different. Is that every male? I don't know. I have yet to find one that is different. I know alot of the females on here have had the same problem with their last relationship or marriage.
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    The problem is, at least with me, is the men in past relationships. Cheaters and liars. All of them. I have yet to have one prove the male species different. Is that every male? I don't know. I have yet to find one that is different. I know alot of the females on here have had the same problem with their last relationship or marriage.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I agree Carl. Basically we should read minds. And its always our fault haha.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We all want the same thing out of this, to meet someone that we connect with. It doesn't always happen right away and we are going to date people along the way that we don't connect with. It happens, there is nothing we can do about that and we shouldn't be made to feel guilty because something that may work for one person doesn't work for the other.

Not all men cheat and lie and only want sex, and not all females send mixed signals about what they want. It's about finding the one that fits us :flowerforyou:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I know this seemed to be a rant and as I said on my news feed it was to some extant but also was an attempt to make people think about where they are.
    I have seen posters here say things completely contradictory to things they have posted previously.
    Also stating that some of their prerogatives are just what women do and should be accepted with no consideration that us men think differently and also should be accepted as we are.

All parties would go a long ways to understanding and accepting where we are different and honestly have not seen many ladies here willing to do that.

To me a relationship is not 50/50 but 100/100 where both give everything they have to each other.
    Maybe that is hopelessly and foolishly idealistic.
    Since you've realised that:
    - Women don't really know what they want(my advice: never listen to a woman for dating advice),
    - Women will be "submissive" to men (or align with the man's goal),
    - Men are expected to be "men" by women with everything it entails,

I think what you are saying is idealistic because it assumes that there is a desire from both sexes to be equals in the relationship...
    Why do you think this should be the case/equality is desirable?
    Food for thought: you've been cheated/lied to... Why and how did you let this happen to you?

Yes, every human can potentially become a cheater or a liar... I don't think people would cheat to everyone though (by what I mean, it just happens in a specific relationship under specific circumstances).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

- Women don't really know what they want(my advice: never listen to a woman for dating advice),

i really dont get when guys say this.
    obviously women dont know what women want because we dont all think alike. it's not like having the same body parts automatically means we have the same personalities, experiences, beliefs, cultural backgrounds etc. i can ask 10 different guys dating advice and i'll get different answers.

listen to a woman for dating advice, just remember that it's probably going to be more beneficial if you ask someone close in personality and temperament to the lady you're looking to woo.

it's like some men can understand that not all guys think alike and are OK with that but don't want to recognize that the same thing happens with women. i swear you guys can be so illogical at time :huh:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    :) I like this
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    i really dont get when guys say this.
    obviously women dont know what women want because we dont all think alike. it's not like having the same body parts automatically means we have the same personalities, experiences, beliefs, cultural backgrounds etc. i can ask 10 different guys dating advice and i'll get different answers.

listen to a woman for dating advice, just remember that it's probably going to be more beneficial if you ask someone close in personality and temperament to the lady you're looking to woo.

it's like some men can understand that not all guys think alike and are OK with that but don't want to recognize that the same thing happens with women. i swear you guys can be so illogical at time :huh:
    I was more thinking about the "Be yourself and everything is going to be fine" kind of advice, the fact that when asked they will say they want nice guys and hate players yet be attracted to the player type and reject the nice guy, the fact that so many women say they have "rules" yet keep breaking those rules ("No, but it was *different* this time, you don't understand!"), the "tall, dark, handsome" myth, the belief that relationships should happen "by chance" and "if you have a date with a future lover then everything is going to happen if it was meant to happen", ...
    The point is fundamentally, woman are emotional and men are rational (even though we can be illogical sometimes :wink: ). All of their advice is often "naive" (for lack of a better word) and tainted by their own fantasy, but doesn't really help a man on a practical level.
    Most women have a role of followers in relationships, as opposed to men who are leaders, so women's advice being succinctly "be passive" and "be emotional" doesn't help a man (for a variety of reasons: bad for a leader, different wiring so we wouldn't even be able to do it properly, ...).

This obviously doesn't apply to 100% of the women but a lot more than you seem to think would provide this kind of advice. Similarly, you could find things that pretty much all men would agree on.
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    - Women will be "submissive" to men (or align with the man's goal),

:huh: say what now?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

Great post, Carl (as usual). That's not just the women though, men too!

For example, someone jumped on me about wanting the men to pay. Then in another thread they said when they're really into a woman they WANT to pay. Someone else told another poster they shouldn't worry about looks, then in another thread said that they hate to admit it but a woman's value is based on her looks. Someone said in one thread they aren't about just getting into women's pants, but their other posts talk about how they stay aloof and move on. I'm saying "someone" just to play nice, but I remember exactly who they are.

As was observed in another thread perhaps it just feels that it's just the women bashing guys because more of the women are expressing their frustrations...?

Either way, it was a great post. Wish more men thought that way.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The problem is, at least with me, is the men in past relationships. Cheaters and liars. All of them.

That stinks that all the men you’ve come across are cheaters and liars.

I haven’t found men to all be cheaters and liars, but I’ve found most of them to speak a different language. For example, late night phone calls = he’s looking for a booty call, not a relationship. Silence for days = he’s not really into me (even if he says all kinds of great stuff when we DO finally talk). If a man is up front about not being committed, not wanting to remarry, it really means “not with you.” We shouldn’t engage in relationship style actions if we’re going to be hurt when he moves on (we still are, sniff, but it’s not really cheating). Some guys HAVE been cheaters and liars, though, but I’m getting better at learning to read the situation not waste time falling for them.
  • Carl01
    Options
    The problem is, at least with me, is the men in past relationships. Cheaters and liars. All of them.

That stinks that all the men you’ve come across are cheaters and liars.

I haven’t found men to all be cheaters and liars, but I’ve found most of them to speak a different language. For example, late night phone calls = he’s looking for a booty call, not a relationship. Silence for days = he’s not really into me (even if he says all kinds of great stuff when we DO finally talk). If a man is up front about not being committed, not wanting to remarry, it really means “not with you.” We shouldn’t engage in relationship style actions if we’re going to be hurt when he moves on (we still are, sniff, but it’s not really cheating). Some guys HAVE been cheaters and liars, though, but I’m getting better at learning to read the situation not waste time falling for them.

That one is pretty universal I think,was told that by a very nice lady and took it at face value.
    Am good friends with her but within a few weeks she was involved with another guy.
    A poster on MFP wrote once that when he/she says that they are not looking for a relationship it almost always means that "I am not looking for a relationship with you,now or ever".
    Understanding that spares a person a lot of confusion or possible hurt.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    If we as guys have put our necks on the chopping block of rejection a couple three times it is because we like you,not because our only goal is to get in your pants.
    We can find that easily if we want but most of us do not want to do that,we like to have a women return the feeling.

We do not for the most part let fantasy blur with reality,while we can have dreams we are okay with what really happens in life.

Yes,there are times we just want sex with a lady we find desirable,so do a majority of women,get off the the high horse about that.

We do not compartmentalize our thinking to the point where we can believe two opposite things with equal veracity.

We love you more then life and would give ours in a heartbeat for the lady we care about,just don`t push us away when now and then life isn`t what you want it to be.

Once more putting on flame suit...like I give a crap.

You should send the last line to my ex, as of this morning. lol.

I agree.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I agree.

Is there an update here? Details please.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I agree.

Is there an update here? Details please.

She broke it off w/ me. No real reason, and I didn't really ask.
    So, now I'm against relationships and I'm moving West sometime.